PDA

View Full Version : Smith & Wesson Customer Service Report.

USSR
05-17-2017, 02:47 PM
Guys,

About 2 months ago, I discovered that I had a problem with my hammer nose bushing being recessed to the point that upon firing, the primers would back out into the recess in front of the hammer nose bushing, and impede cylinder rotation. On the advice of several guys, I sent my S&W Model 25-5 back to Smith & Wesson to have a new hammer nose bushing installed. I am happy to report that even though this is their busiest time of year, I received it back in just 2 month's time. They did a great job, and it appears I got a freebie; inside the box with the revolver was a card stating: "Super Tuned Action by the Smith & Wesson Performance Center, Retail Value of this Super Tuned Action is $89.00". A big "Thumbs Up" to Smith & Wesson.

Don

HATCH
05-17-2017, 02:52 PM
I have always been happy with the warranty work.
I sent a pistol in to have the serial number remarked.
The one on the butt was defaced but the one on the frame under the yoke was readable.
They remarked it and refinished the entire pistol.
It was a air weight 22lr j frame.

FergusonTO35
05-17-2017, 03:20 PM
Always had good luck with S&W, in spite of how insanely busy they are. They have always responded to my e-mails about even the most trivial matters.

Porterhouse
05-18-2017, 12:28 AM
Yes, Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson have been really good to me. When I lived in NH, guns came back just about a week and sometimes they did more than I asked for.

Porterhouse
05-18-2017, 11:46 AM
How do they know if you're not the original owner? Do they require some kind of proof? I have several guns that were supposed to be NIB when I bought them but other than they appeared to be new, I can't prove I'm the original owner.

The Governor
05-18-2017, 12:03 PM
I ahd the same thing happen to a 29. Called and got some snooty woman and called back a year later and was emailed a prepaid slip from someone who could't have been nicer.
New bushing and hammer spur and back in less than a month. and no, I'm not the original purchaser. Think I'll go and shoot it tomorrow!

EMC45
05-18-2017, 01:44 PM
I had a new FP bushing put in and they charged me.

johniv
05-19-2017, 10:05 AM
Sent in a 642 last year, I am not the original owner, nobody asked. Trigger return pin loose (broken? adrift?) . They replaced it, no argument, they even replaced it with a no lock version at my request. Took about 2 months, I believe the wait was till the no lock version was available.
John