PDA

View Full Version : Star Lubricator/Sizer Air Assist Question

noshow
05-16-2017, 05:26 PM
Hi gang:
This is my favorite forum. I have gleaned so much info/guidance for which I am most grateful. I was just wondering if my Campbel Hausfield tire inflater would be useful in powering the air assist cylinder for my Star Lube/Sizer. I have a 120v to 12v converter which powers it nicely.

dannyd
05-16-2017, 05:49 PM
Get a little air tank from Harbor Freight and us it.

HATCH
05-16-2017, 06:27 PM
The tire inflator doesn't have a tank. Basically it would be running the entire time you are sizing and because it's not designed for 100% duty cycle it will burn up and stop working after a hr (if it last that long)

You can either get a air tanks for $30 to $40 or by a pancake style compressor for $60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dannyd
05-16-2017, 06:34 PM
You fill the tank to 100 psi set your star 35 to 60. No noise will work all day as long as it does not leak. Same as the shocks on your car

cajun shooter
05-30-2017, 01:45 PM
The use of a simple air tank with all fittings put on with Teflon tape will do the job with no loud compressor noise as the other members have posted. The air set up for the Star does not use air, just the pressure, so the air tank will never run down. My air tank last for months and only needs refilling when I use some air for another chore. Good Luck, David