PDA

View Full Version : Short stroke kit or job done, on a

gcollins
07-18-2008, 06:24 PM
I have a Henry non Henry, I bought a Henry Big Boy, I know it isn't a Henry, and i don't have the Money to get a repo Henry! I bought this gun brand new at a retail store for $500.00 less than the cheapest Repro Henry I could find.
I was wondering if anyone could short stroke it, or where I might find info on it?

Any help I will be great full!!!
Greg

Morgan Astorbilt
07-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Greg, I guess you're getting into Cowboy Action Shooting.
Don't know if the "new" Henry's are built like the originals. If they are, and are toggle link actions, someone may be making kits for them. At this time, I only know that kits are being made for original and clone Winchester toggle links such as Henry's, '66's and '73's.
They're not hard to install yourself. You'll just have to replace the toggle links and carrier lever, file or mill the shell clearance notch in top front of the carrier back to clear the case rim, and file down the extension on the new carrier lever(The part that the finger lever hits to rais it when moved forward). Sounds a lot harder than it is.
I'd recommend Ron Snover's kits as the best around. I've installed a few of them. His Phone # is: 423/ 234- 0184.
Googling "Short stroke kits" will bring up several other sources.
Morgan

gcollins
07-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks Morgan,
i hope to do a few matches a year (maybe) i have no lower disc left in my back, so standing and walking is a liminted thing! If i get to set and rest between stages I might be okay! I went to a couple little shoots, but they only had 7 shooters and I made it threw the first match, but went to the next one and only made 2 stages and had to come home.
Thanks for the help!! I will do a search!
Thanks Greg

rusty marlin
08-01-2008, 06:02 PM
The Henry BB's are build like a Marlin 1894 inside. No toggle links there.
I"m not aware of anyone short stroking the HBB. If you post your question over on the SASS wire you will probably get a definiative answer in less than 3 minutes.