PDA

View Full Version : The Truth About Cancer A Global Quest

w30wcf
05-14-2017, 10:08 PM
A very interesting and informative series by Ty Bollinger that just might help save the lives of those with cancer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC0Ff6iAdp-D6p8Nj-59yYQ

w30wcf

mcdaniel.mac
05-14-2017, 10:20 PM
I am greatly disturbed to see the work of cranks and frauds being promoted here.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-truth-about-cancer-series-is-untruthful-about-cancer/

Dr. Hall is a medical doctor, a veteran of the US Air Force, and does a fantastic job of outlining the BS Bollinger is promoting. This article is mostly just a list of the things he lies about, and I called go grab the articles discussing the work of frauds like Burzinsky, Mercola, and Adams.

Piedmont
05-15-2017, 01:43 PM
Just scandalous that they are promoting a healthy natural diet and lifestyle. Listen up everyone. Buy what the TV tells you and take your chemo without griping about it.

jcwit
05-15-2017, 02:21 PM
Well I start chemo treatment tomorrow morning! My cancer is incurable, but there is a chance it can be slowed down.

No, I'm not griping!

mcdaniel.mac
05-15-2017, 03:59 PM
Just scandalous that they are promoting a healthy natural diet and lifestyle. Listen up everyone. Buy what the TV tells you and take your chemo without griping about it.
There's nothing healthy about injecting urea into your blood or taking herbal cocktails with no evidence rather than treatments that do work. You don't have to stop at TV either, you can go read the published trials for the various drug programs and radiation therapy and see that they work.

Do yourself a favor and read the article I linked, and ask yourself why Bollinger is lying outright if he really has stumbled on the truth.

toallmy
05-15-2017, 04:13 PM
Chemotherapy at 930 am myself 6th treatment almost 1/2 done . God bless

Blackwater
05-15-2017, 05:15 PM
Well, I guess this is where I need to relate a story about one of my dearest friends here. He and his beloved wife of over 50 years live in the N. Ga. mountains in a nice, gated community. She came down with cancer, and it was late term, according to the docs. And they basically told her to go home and wait to die, and not to buy any green bananas. She and her husband were devastated. But neither is the type to take something like that laying down, so .... they began to do their own research. In their little gated community, there were 5 doctors who also had cancer. 3 of them had begun a vagan diet, and did not want to endure the secondary effects of chemo and radiation. The other 2 elected to go with the recommended treatment. That was several years ago. The two who went with the recommended treatment are both dead, and the 3 who went with the very specific and regimented vegan diet, are still alive, as is my friend's wonderful wife!

Why did that work for them, and the recommended proceedures fail for those 2 docs who died? I don't know. All I know is that it's really easy to tell the difference between life and death, and I'm humble enough to know that there are many things that I don't understand that are true, or that work when other more highly "lauded" things don't. I wish I could offer an explanation, but I can't. All I CAN do is relate this story, and leave it up to you to decide what it means, if anything to you. Wish I had more to offer. She has become a real light in my life. She knows more stuff about what we eat than I could absorb in 10 years, I think. But ..... I guess necessity really is "the mother of invention," and that she got VERY serious about any chance she might have. Today, her blood chemistry is FAR better than mine! She's tried to recommend the vegan diet to me, but I've been very resistive to it. But now, her husband, a hearty meat-eater of very long standing, adheres to the diet with only occasional lapses, like a burger and fries, and he reports he feels a LOT better than he has in years. And I think he's 75 now.

Those two have done marriage the RIGHT way, and to lose one of them would be devastating to their whole world, even now. And it took a LOT of courage and total commitment to do what she did, and find all she could about what cancer liked and didn't like. It's not just a matter of stopping eating meat, and then eating whatever veggies you want. It's much more complicated and intricate than that, but she's learned all she could, and could probably write several books on the matter. She's just the type who, when she gets into something, gets into it whole hog, and doesn't quit as long as she's still got questions.

I'd never pretend to recommend something I didn't understand to anyone who's fighting for their lives, but simply relate this to anyone who might be interested. Money runs SO much in our world today, it really wouldn't surprise me if a lot of what docs do today isn't at the roots of it, guided by money. Businesses, including big pharma, HAVE to make a profit to pay the bills, meet the payroll, and have something left over for further research and inquiry, and none of that is cheap. But .... with the state of character extant today in business ...... nothing would surprise me, really. Character has never depended on money, but money has often corrupted people's character. That's always been the way of this world, thogh, and it's nothing new at all.

But someone facing their own death HAS to have as much faith as they can in what they choose to do. Yes, there ARE indeed quacks and those just trying to get money any way they can with "alternative treatments," but there seems to be some who are devout, and who have a point. Where it'll all lead, I have no idea, but .... time marches on, and we continue to learn as long as we keep making inquiries. It's when we stop asking questions that we so often falter and fail. Dealing with cancer is one of the most personal and private decisions a person can make. To those of you dealing with it, I wish you well.

But simply writing off ALL "alternative treatments" as "quacks" is simply not fully rational. Yeah, some are quacks and crooks but .... ALL of them? I doubt that. Cancer is a very motivating thing, and it's entirely rational that very bright and well trained folks who are looking into it may well have something to offer. And surfing the net with well chosen search engines and words should turn up some interesting things about the vegan diet and cancer, and what foods and veggies tend to help fight cancer, and which enhance it. Wish I could provide more, but I simply don't have the info some of you may wish. Wish I did, but maybe this story will help motivate you to investigate some of this, and maybe get some help out of it?

mcdaniel.mac
05-15-2017, 06:11 PM
Well, I guess this is where I need to relate a story about one of my dearest friends here. He and his beloved wife of over 50 years live in the N. Ga. mountains in a nice, gated community. She came down with cancer, and it was late term, according to the docs. And they basically told her to go home and wait to die, and not to buy any green bananas. She and her husband were devastated. But neither is the type to take something like that laying down, so .... they began to do their own research. In their little gated community, there were 5 doctors who also had cancer. 3 of them had begun a vagan diet, and did not want to endure the secondary effects of chemo and radiation. The other 2 elected to go with the recommended treatment. That was several years ago. The two who went with the recommended treatment are both dead, and the 3 who went with the very specific and regimented vegan diet, are still alive, as is my friend's wonderful wife!

Why did that work for them, and the recommended proceedures fail for those 2 docs who died? I don't know. All I know is that it's really easy to tell the difference between life and death, and I'm humble enough to know that there are many things that I don't understand that are true, or that work when other more highly "lauded" things don't. I wish I could offer an explanation, but I can't. All I CAN do is relate this story, and leave it up to you to decide what it means, if anything to you. Wish I had more to offer. She has become a real light in my life. She knows more stuff about what we eat than I could absorb in 10 years, I think. But ..... I guess necessity really is "the mother of invention," and that she got VERY serious about any chance she might have. Today, her blood chemistry is FAR better than mine! She's tried to recommend the vegan diet to me, but I've been very resistive to it. But now, her husband, a hearty meat-eater of very long standing, adheres to the diet with only occasional lapses, like a burger and fries, and he reports he feels a LOT better than he has in years. And I think he's 75 now.

Those two have done marriage the RIGHT way, and to lose one of them would be devastating to their whole world, even now. And it took a LOT of courage and total commitment to do what she did, and find all she could about what cancer liked and didn't like. It's not just a matter of stopping eating meat, and then eating whatever veggies you want. It's much more complicated and intricate than that, but she's learned all she could, and could probably write several books on the matter. She's just the type who, when she gets into something, gets into it whole hog, and doesn't quit as long as she's still got questions.

I'd never pretend to recommend something I didn't understand to anyone who's fighting for their lives, but simply relate this to anyone who might be interested. Money runs SO much in our world today, it really wouldn't surprise me if a lot of what docs do today isn't at the roots of it, guided by money. Businesses, including big pharma, HAVE to make a profit to pay the bills, meet the payroll, and have something left over for further research and inquiry, and none of that is cheap. But .... with the state of character extant today in business ...... nothing would surprise me, really. Character has never depended on money, but money has often corrupted people's character. That's always been the way of this world, thogh, and it's nothing new at all.

But someone facing their own death HAS to have as much faith as they can in what they choose to do. Yes, there ARE indeed quacks and those just trying to get money any way they can with "alternative treatments," but there seems to be some who are devout, and who have a point. Where it'll all lead, I have no idea, but .... time marches on, and we continue to learn as long as we keep making inquiries. It's when we stop asking questions that we so often falter and fail. Dealing with cancer is one of the most personal and private decisions a person can make. To those of you dealing with it, I wish you well.

But simply writing off ALL "alternative treatments" as "quacks" is simply not fully rational. Yeah, some are quacks and crooks but .... ALL of them? I doubt that. Cancer is a very motivating thing, and it's entirely rational that very bright and well trained folks who are looking into it may well have something to offer. And surfing the net with well chosen search engines and words should turn up some interesting things about the vegan diet and cancer, and what foods and veggies tend to help fight cancer, and which enhance it. Wish I could provide more, but I simply don't have the info some of you may wish. Wish I did, but maybe this story will help motivate you to investigate some of this, and maybe get some help out of it?
Did all 5 have the same type of cancer and the same prognosis and stage? If not, this story is meaningless.

I'll put the same question to the you, it Bollinger has really found the truth, then why is his video series chock full of bald-faced lies?

Presuming that some quack treatments must work just because there's a lot of them is like presuming that some of the jewelry in a child's costume chest just be real just because there's a lot of it. It's not a rational conclusion because the number of quack treatments doesn't have any bearing on their efficacy.

fatelk
05-15-2017, 09:59 PM
I hate cancer with a passion. I have strong mixed feeling about cancer treatments and alternative medicine. I had cancer 10 years ago and had surgery and radiation. Mine was caught early and it's gone; I was lucky.

Much like Blackwater, I've seen people go through worse, seen and heard anecdotal stories of successful alternative treatments, and don't claim to know it all by any means. A good friend of my mother's had very serious cancer about 25 years ago. She went through chemo and everything, doctors said there was nothing more they could do. She went to some outfit in Mexico which put her on some odd extreme diet. She's still alive and cancer-free.

My folks are ardent followers of some "Dr" Mercola. Some years back they subscribed us to his newsletter. I tried to be open-minded, but quickly lost interest. He was always hawking some book, and always had the miracle cure for everything, and the big bad medical establishment was always trying to shut him down because he's so awesome and they're so greedy and evil... He reminded me of an old-fashioned snake oil salesman and it turned me off cold.

That doesn't mean that there's not value in some of these alternative treatments. If I had cancer again I'd be going through standard treatments, but I'd also be seriously researching dietary treatments as well. I had a doctor tell me once that he didn't typically recommend dietary changes for patients unless they asked for it, because in his experience it was very rare for someone to change the way they've eaten for decades, even if it was life or death. Is it a miracle cure that could work for everyone? Doubt it. I don't know. Seems worth checking out.

It's interesting to me that some things that were alternative medicine a generation or two ago are now more accepted and understood by mainstream medicine.

Blackwater
05-17-2017, 04:59 PM
Did all 5 have the same type of cancer and the same prognosis and stage? If not, this story is meaningless.

I'll put the same question to the you, it Bollinger has really found the truth, then why is his video series chock full of bald-faced lies?

Presuming that some quack treatments must work just because there's a lot of them is like presuming that some of the jewelry in a child's costume chest just be real just because there's a lot of it. It's not a rational conclusion because the number of quack treatments doesn't have any bearing on their efficacy.

Well, Mac, you have more faith in docs and the whole medical system than I do. Even with the best medical care, all they can still do is just give you their "best guess" as to what should be done. And being human, docs STILL miss things, or don't weight them quite appropriately at times. It's been said that doctors kill more people with their mistakes than criminals ever could! But most (not all, but most) are good men of good will. A few are just like the "snake oil" salesmen described here. But it's always up to the patient to check out his docs, and if he doesn't, he' better have a LOT of faith in luck!

And it was not told to me what kinds of cancers they had, so I can't answer that question. However, some VERY highly involved cancer researchers have said that we ALL probably get cancer many times in our lives, but our bodies' natural defense mechanisms fend it off. And some research on cancer treatments have been in the area of how to best enhance the bodie's ability to heal itself. I don't know what ALL is going on in that vein, and all I know is what happened with the 5 people listed above, and those I've seen go through chemo and radiation, and NONE of it is pleasant. Her diet and exercise regimen is something few would ever submit themselves to. But in her and the other 2 docs' cases, it seems to have worked. Why? I have no idea.

It's long been known that cancer tends to occur more regularly in those who eat in certain ways. We really are, I think, just on the cusp, hopefully, of finding out how cancer REALLY works, what causes it, how, and what to do about it when it raises its ugly head. One of the most limiting things, it seems, is the necessity of funding. Finding someone who'll fund various approaches is harder when the approach is out of the norm in its thinking. But then again, it's stuff that has stepped outside conventional thinking that have given us many "miracles" in our time here.

So take your pick. If I found I had cancer today, I'm not sure what I'd do. Possibly go for the chemo and radiation. I have a friend who just took another dose of chemo yesterday, and just got off the phone with him. But I pray for him and many others every night. If you have it all figured out, you're a LOT smarter and better informed than I am! Good luck to you.

mcdaniel.mac
05-17-2017, 05:11 PM
Well, Mac, you have more faith in docs and the whole medical system than I do. Even with the best medical care, all they can still do is just give you their "best guess" as to what should be done. And being human, docs STILL miss things, or don't weight them quite appropriately at times. It's been said that doctors kill more people with their mistakes than criminals ever could! But most (not all, but most) are good men of good will. A few are just like the "snake oil" salesmen described here. But it's always up to the patient to check out his docs, and if he doesn't, he' better have a LOT of faith in luck!

And it was not told to me what kinds of cancers they had, so I can't answer that question. However, some VERY highly involved cancer researchers have said that we ALL probably get cancer many times in our lives, but our bodies' natural defense mechanisms fend it off. And some research on cancer treatments have been in the area of how to best enhance the bodie's ability to heal itself. I don't know what ALL is going on in that vein, and all I know is what happened with the 5 people listed above, and those I've seen go through chemo and radiation, and NONE of it is pleasant. Her diet and exercise regimen is something few would ever submit themselves to. But in her and the other 2 docs' cases, it seems to have worked. Why? I have no idea.

It's long been known that cancer tends to occur more regularly in those who eat in certain ways. We really are, I think, just on the cusp, hopefully, of finding out how cancer REALLY works, what causes it, how, and what to do about it when it raises its ugly head. One of the most limiting things, it seems, is the necessity of funding. Finding someone who'll fund various approaches is harder when the approach is out of the norm in its thinking. But then again, it's stuff that has stepped outside conventional thinking that have given us many "miracles" in our time here.

So take your pick. If I found I had cancer today, I'm not sure what I'd do. Possibly go for the chemo and radiation. I have a friend who just took another dose of chemo yesterday, and just got off the phone with him. But I pray for him and many others every night. If you have it all figured out, you're a LOT smarter and better informed than I am! Good luck to you.
I do need to have faith in doctors, I have evidence that certain treatments work and others don't.

It is not true that we all develop cancer and fight it off. We all develop certain kinds of tumors or growths, but those are not cancer. What makes it cancer is that apoptosis does not occur and it spreads.

If you don't know the specifics then the five cases you mentioned are a bit like saying Colts are more accurate because three of the five people you know who shoot all won championships with Colts, without specifying what kind of shooting or what model Colt or whether the other two were even competing.

People should research their doctors. What they shouldn't do is listen to cranks (Bollinger) and quacks (Burzinksy, et al.) and just-so stories about anonymous strangers who supposedly cured their cancer through diet and exercise. They should read up on the actual science of what makes cancer happen and why you can't fight it off just with diet and exercise.

I'd like to know where you're hearing that it's 'long been known' that certain diets make people more cancer prone. Sounds like more quackery.

jmorris
05-17-2017, 05:25 PM
I had my cancer cut out last year, going in for the 6 month check up at the end of the month.

life is easier when your young an d nvincible, I'll have to wait on forming an opnion of dying young vs old though.

jcwit
05-17-2017, 05:30 PM
But, but, but, it's "ALL NATURAL!

If "all natural" had much to do with it, tell me why the average age 100 or 200 years ago was less than it is today.

Yes I know much was because of infant deaths. But even so the death rate was much younger, and they all ate "all natural" food.

Now lets get with it on the bowel cleansing BS.

Lloyd Smale
05-18-2017, 05:04 AM
jcwitt, beeman, and toallmy I have no advice for you. But what I do have is prayers. All three of you will be on the wife and my prayer list this week.

toallmy
05-18-2017, 06:05 AM
Thank you Lloyd , God bless

jcwit
05-18-2017, 07:38 AM
I also thank you Lloyd. In the end it is all in His Hands as to the final outcome.

Lloyd Smale
05-18-2017, 07:49 AM
you are two very strong men! Id hope to be as strong if it happened to me.

garym1a2
05-18-2017, 07:58 AM
I am thankful for the new drugs they have nowdays. Last year it was Tarciva and this year its Tagrisso. My understanding is cancer feeds on sugar and you should limit its use. When getting a PET scan they always inject a sugar solution that lites up the cancer,

375supermag
05-18-2017, 10:22 AM
Hi...
This is what I know about cancer.
it killed my father, it killed his mother and it has killed other people in my family and circle of friends. It is a horrible, life changing disease that attacks and kills indiscriminately.

I was diagnosed with lymphoma in 1977, my oncologist at the time diagnosed it as Hodgkin's disease and treated it with multiple surgeries and 22 radiation treatments.
I said then that I would not succumb to this disease without a fight. It may have killed my father but it would not kill me. I was 23 at the time and lived until 2012 cancer-free.

In 2012, I was diagnosed with salivary gland cancer at the base of my tongue that had metastasized to the lymph glands in my throat and both lungs. My thoracic surgeon declared me terminal. Subsequent biopsies revealed that the supposed tumors in my lungs (discovered by PET-scans)were actually an obscure type of encapsulated fungi that is not life-threatening.
My salivary gland cancer was cured by a combination of rather nasty surgeries and 33 radiation treatments.

I remained cancer-free until I fell quite ill in the spring of 2012.
I was eventually diagnosed with Burkitt-like lymphoma that had become widespread in my lungs, stomach and other areas of my abdomen and, unfortunately, to my brain. The brain tumor affected my right eye causing it to go completely shut and unuseable.
I was once again declared terminal by my radiation oncologist.
I underwent a six month regimen of chemotherapy through a chest port which also included over a dozen spinal chemotherapy treatments and 15 radiation treatments for my brain tumor.
I am currently in remission since the beginning of January, my brain tumor no longer affects my right eye and I am slowly recovering my strength and stamina.

I followed the recommendations of my team of oncologists and completely disregarded the charlatans who promote "alternative" treatments. I will put my faith in God and the trained medical professionals who follow the recommended treatments of the National Cancer Institute and similar organizations.

As a three-time loser or winner, depending on how you look at it, I would urge others to pursue the recommended treatments of the experts. Do not trust "alternative" remedies...a fellow you may have heard of followed an alternative medicine practitioner to treat his cancer some years ago and unfortunately died. His name was Steve McQueen.

Sur-shot
05-18-2017, 11:19 AM
I wish I had no experience with cancer or some of the less than capable doctors that come with a lot of cancer diagnosis. I am not going through my family history, it is too long, it is sad and not all that interesting, unless you are "in line." One thing I have learned, the hard way, is that if you are diagnosed, go find the very best specialist you can get. Ask the very best doctor you know: Whom would you see if you were diagnosed. Forget the main street GP, go right to the people that do this every day, have the latest data and a staff supporting them that is on the same level. Few doctors can offer real effective treatment or hope and any doctor can kill you.

If someone offers you a stump water cocktail of virgin pee to go with a coffee enema for $500, just send me the money, it will do you about as much good. I sincerely do hope that you whom are still afflicted after treatment, get some relief and help from your faith if you are at that point.
Ed

jcwit
05-18-2017, 01:41 PM
I have a report after only 2 days of having chemo.

I realize that after only 2 days the cancer of far, far from being faught. But I also must say the pain in my joints has improved a bunch. I can walk again!!!

Talked to the nurse at the chemo ctr. I go to and she said this was normal in some "not all" people and is an excellent report.

The cancer in incourable but with luck and The Lords will can likely be slowed down. Thank God I'm not a young man having to raise a family yet.

Blackwater
05-18-2017, 04:32 PM
I do need to have faith in doctors, I have evidence that certain treatments work and others don't.

It is not true that we all develop cancer and fight it off. We all develop certain kinds of tumors or growths, but those are not cancer. What makes it cancer is that apoptosis does not occur and it spreads.

If you don't know the specifics then the five cases you mentioned are a bit like saying Colts are more accurate because three of the five people you know who shoot all won championships with Colts, without specifying what kind of shooting or what model Colt or whether the other two were even competing.

People should research their doctors. What they shouldn't do is listen to cranks (Bollinger) and quacks (Burzinksy, et al.) and just-so stories about anonymous strangers who supposedly cured their cancer through diet and exercise. They should read up on the actual science of what makes cancer happen and why you can't fight it off just with diet and exercise.

I'd like to know where you're hearing that it's 'long been known' that certain diets make people more cancer prone. Sounds like more quackery.

Your post is very well taken, and certainly has a dab of truth in it. All I'm saying is there's much to be learned about cancer and its treatment yet in store. Elsewise, why would so many be studying and experimenting with it so frantically? Treatment for anything will always be a personal decision. The 5 I related were 80% doctors themselves, and THEY chose the path they took, KNOWING all you related. Why did they do that? I haven't had the benefit of asking them, but if well regarded doctors opt for alternative treatments, there must be SOME reason for it. None of these folks were suicidal! So if you ever get cancer, I'm sure you'll go with whatever the docs say to do. But even now, some docs use some meds and some ohters. So they're NOT "all the same," and they'll NEVER all "sing off the same sheet of music." So where does that leave us non-MD's? In a precarious position when facing something very serious, THAT's where it leaves us! And the only thing I know to do is do all the research I can that's available when selecting one, and deciding what course of action to take. And I've always asked questions of my docs. A few haven't liked the questions, but those are the ones that I eventually dropped. Any intelligent doc OUGHT to know that a person who's sick or "in trouble" NEEDS to know what the grand plan is so they can reconcile what's being done is probably the best available. And if you've lived long enough, and have talked to enough people about certain doctor's judgment and proceedures, you can, over time, separate the wheat from the chaff fairly well. But it's ALL really a bit of a stab in the dark. Some stabs are just better understood and calculated than other stabs. But they're all still stabs.

Doctors are NOT miracle workers, in and of themselves at least. They're men - simple human beings who've tended to be brighter and abler mentally than the "average." I don't trust ANY human being implicitly! You do as you like, but there IS a body of well established knowledge that HAS brought about good results, but it's NOT something you can just pick up in a bottle and go away and take, and be miraculously healed. With cancer, particularly, a patient's attitude and outlook seems to come into play, sometimes significantly.

But I'm no cancer doc nor some sage with all the answers. But because of that, I've found that asking questions, and paying attention, rather than just complying with whatever doc's recommendations are, has paid some significant dividends in my own case. But that's MY decision, and needn't be anyone else's, yours or whoever's. Just thought the info ought to be posted here so that consideration, at least, might be given for what we DON'T know yet about cancer, how it works, why it works that way, and what can be done to counter it. That's all. Nothing more and nothing less. You have a right to your own opinion and decisions if, God forbid, you should ever find you have it. I wish you well, whatever your opinion is on this subject.

popper
05-19-2017, 10:07 AM
Docs are mechanics, just like we all are, some better, some worse. Cancer has been identified for 4000 yrs. Treatment hasn't changed until the last 75 or so years - we have better tools now. Is it genetic, environmental, dietary? We don't know. Lots of SWAGS. Kinda like oil. We were told it was plant/skeletal matter from a long time age, now it's made by the earth magma and is a byproduct of geophysics. Or the poultry industry that uses light generated at fertilization to sort viable eggs from bad ones - yet WE define beginning of life to suit our desires.
Short version - if you got it, get the best treatment available and don't spend funds on snake oil.

mcdaniel.mac
05-19-2017, 11:51 AM
Docs are mechanics, just like we all are, some better, some worse. Cancer has been identified for 4000 yrs. Treatment hasn't changed until the last 75 or so years - we have better tools now. Is it genetic, environmental, dietary? We don't know. Lots of SWAGS. Kinda like oil. We were told it was plant/skeletal matter from a long time age, now it's made by the earth magma and is a byproduct of geophysics. Or the poultry industry that uses light generated at fertilization to sort viable eggs from bad ones - yet WE define beginning of life to suit our desires.
Short version - if you got it, get the best treatment available and don't spend funds on snake oil.
We do know what causes cancers. The DNA molecule is damaged in such a way that the cell replicates improperly and does not undergo apoptosis (programmed cell-death when flaws are found). Often the damage also includes continually cycling in the G2 stage of replication, creating the tumor.

It's similar to oil in that there can be several sources. Some oil is biogenic, not from dinosaurs but from algae and diatoms. Other oil may be abiogenic, but that's not confirmed yet. With cancers, the causes can be environmental (asbestos, carcinogenic materials) radiogenic (sunlight, nuclear materials, coal dust and soot) or it can just be a mutation caused by certain genetic markers such as the BC1 and BC2 genes linked to breast cancer.

The alternative medicine stuff gains a lot of traction because people don't normally understand the microbiology and cell biology involved in cancer.

popper
05-19-2017, 01:11 PM
We do know what causes cancers Wrong. we do know that most is uncontrolled growth, some is killing other cells, etc. Found that ~ 1947. We do have evidence that there are carcinogenic substances, don't know of any experiments to 'create' cancer in tissue - by DNA change only. Other oil may be abiogenic, but that's not confirmed yet. Pretty much established that what we call mineral petroleum is from subduction zones - look at google earth and the areas where 'mineral' oil is found! No quinkydink.
people don't normally understand the microbiology and cell biology involved in cancer Nor should they. But we are quite often told incorrect stuff - which was the only reason I posted here anyway.

mcdaniel.mac
05-19-2017, 05:23 PM
We do know what causes cancers Wrong. we do know that most is uncontrolled growth, some is killing other cells, etc. Found that ~ 1947. We do have evidence that there are carcinogenic substances, don't know of any experiments to 'create' cancer in tissue - by DNA change only. Other oil may be abiogenic, but that's not confirmed yet. Pretty much established that what we call mineral petroleum is from subduction zones - look at google earth and the areas where 'mineral' oil is found! No quinkydink.
people don't normally understand the microbiology and cell biology involved in cancer Nor should they. But we are quite often told incorrect stuff - which was the only reason I posted here anyway.

Uncontrolled growth and malignancy are not causes of cancer, they are symptoms. You can search for the term "oncogenesis" in a research library and will find studies where cancer is induced. There are particular breeds of rats that are bred because​ they grow tumor easily, which is used to evaluate certain types of treatment. What you have said here is incorrect.

jcwit
05-19-2017, 06:13 PM
Ya know I don't give a rats behind what the causes are of cancer, I'm and I bet moat all of the other folks out there are only concerned with what can cure cancer. This is likely also why all the flakes giving out so called cures that do not work arestill in business. They prey on the uneducated and those who are close to the end with nothing to look forward too.

Why oh why would anyone go to a 3rd world country for treatment when we have some of the best care hospitals and Dr's right here in the U.S..

StolzerandSons
05-20-2017, 01:05 PM
Ya know I don't give a rats behind what the causes are of cancer, I'm and I bet moat all of the other folks out there are only concerned with what can cure cancer. This is likely also why all the flakes giving out so called cures that do not work arestill in business. They prey on the uneducated and those who are close to the end with nothing to look forward too.

Why oh why would anyone go to a 3rd world country for treatment when we have some of the best care hospitals and Dr's right here in the U.S..
I wouldn't seek treatment in a 3rd world country but I would certainly seek treatment in Germany, Austria, France and Japan depending on what type of cancer was diagnosed because those countries have higher remission and cure rates than the U.S. does depending on the type of cancer. And they don't all start out with putting poison in you as a cure, they use a whole body approach to fighting cancer.

A lot of the reason certain types of cures aren't researched and developed in the U.S. is because of our patent laws and the extreme costs involved in getting a drug passed with the FDA. Big Pharma isn't going to spend tens of millions if the can't own the patent long enough to make their money back plus a serious profit to show their stock holders.

jcwit
05-20-2017, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't seek treatment in a 3rd world country but I would certainly seek treatment in Germany, Austria, France and Japan depending on what type of cancer was diagnosed because those countries have higher remission and cure rates than the U.S. does depending on the type of cancer. And they don't all start out with putting poison in you as a cure, they use a whole body approach to fighting cancer.

A lot of the reason certain types of cures aren't researched and developed in the U.S. is because of our patent laws and the extreme costs involved in getting a drug passed with the FDA. Big Pharma isn't going to spend tens of millions if the can't own the patent long enough to make their money back plus a serious profit to show their stock holders.

Think and believe as you wish, not my concern!

Good luck if you ever get the big C!

jcwit
05-20-2017, 01:12 PM
All ready been through it 16 years ago.

jcwit
05-20-2017, 01:16 PM
And they don't all start out with putting poison in you as a cure, they use a whole body approach to fighting cancer.

What ever you say Doc.

opos
05-20-2017, 02:30 PM
Today is our 33 wedding anniversary...and it's the 12th anniversary of my wife's "survivor" status as a cancer survivor...early detection (by a doctor and a radiologist when she had her mamogram) and the subsequent treatments saved her life...don't tell her not to trust the medical profession...she'll not give you the time of day.

We had a close friend that had a similar diagnosis to my Wife's...they went to Mexico for "layatril" treatments (sp?)...spent thousands of dollars on a substance made from the pits of apricots if I'm not mistaken...she will not be celebrating survival today.

God's speed to all in treatment...the one thing I saw in my wife was her trust and her attitude in conjunction with here treatments...she had many "experts" advising her what to do...she listened to her Oncologist and surgeon and is alive today....And heeeerrrreeee she is...

StolzerandSons
05-20-2017, 03:24 PM
Think and believe as you wish, not my concern!

Good luck if you ever get the big C!
In the past the U.S. was the world leader in cancer treatment and survival rates for all types of cancer but that isn't true anymore. Depending on the type of cancer other 1st world western medicine countries have higher rates now days. I don't need to be a Doctor to read the studies and treatments that Germany, Austria, France and Japan are leading the way in.

If I got cancer I would want the best treatment with the best proven results regardless of what country it was. Seems silly to me to refuse treatment because it wasn't FDA approved in the U.S..

jcwit
05-20-2017, 03:54 PM
Once again, I have all my care through the VA, they have saved me once and Lord willing will again.

At my age and my financial position I'm not about to blow it all and leave the wife penny less!

You wish to be a world traveler and blow you're fourtion to eek out a few years, have at it. I could and do care less!

jcwit
05-20-2017, 03:56 PM
Today is our 33 wedding anniversary...and it's the 12th anniversary of my wife's "survivor" status as a cancer survivor...early detection (by a doctor and a radiologist when she had her mamogram) and the subsequent treatments saved her life...don't tell her not to trust the medical profession...she'll not give you the time of day.

We had a close friend that had a similar diagnosis to my Wife's...they went to Mexico for "layatril" treatments (sp?)...spent thousands of dollars on a substance made from the pits of avacado's if I'm not mistaken...she will not be celebrating survival today.

God's speed to all in treatment...the one thing I saw in my wife was her trust and her attitude in conjunction with here treatments...she had many "experts" advising her what to do...she listened to her Oncologist and surgeon and is alive today....And heeeerrrreeee she is...

One word. WONDERFUL!

BrassMagnet
05-21-2017, 12:27 AM
I am thankful for the new drugs they have nowdays. Last year it was Tarciva and this year its Tagrisso. My understanding is cancer feeds on sugar and you should limit its use. When getting a PET scan they always inject a sugar solution that lites up the cancer,

I have heard this, too, and I believe it.
Go to the grocery and try to. It is difficult to find foods without added sugar.

I have also heard cancer thrives in an acid environment while eating that sugar. Water has an acid pH. My water filtration system changes the pH of water to alkaline.

Limiting sugar intake and drinking filtered water instead of Cokes or alcohol just might help prevent or delay it!

garym1a2
05-21-2017, 07:39 AM
It would be great to be able to travel all over the world to find the best treatment,but most people on this forum could not afford it as insurance only works in the us. My daily pill was billed by insurance last year at $250/pill. This year the newest pill is billed to insurance at $400/day. That's about $144k/year.

In the past the U.S. was the world leader in cancer treatment and survival rates for all types of cancer but that isn't true anymore. Depending on the type of cancer other 1st world western medicine countries have higher rates now days. I don't need to be a Doctor to read the studies and treatments that Germany, Austria, France and Japan are leading the way in.

If I got cancer I would want the best treatment with the best proven results regardless of what country it was. Seems silly to me to refuse treatment because it wasn't FDA approved in the U.S..

garym1a2
05-21-2017, 07:47 AM
I have to look into the filtered water. I think sugar and corn surp have many issues that cause health issues from diabetes, cancers, tooth decay and making people fat.The year I gave up cokes I dropped 20lbs in 3 months.

I have heard this, too, and I believe it.
Go to the grocery and try to. It is difficult to find foods without added sugar.

I have also heard cancer thrives in an acid environment while eating that sugar. Water has an acid pH. My water filtration system changes the pH of water to alkaline.

Limiting sugar intake and drinking filtered water instead of Cokes or alcohol just might help prevent or delay it!

w30wcf
05-21-2017, 08:38 AM
I am greatly disturbed to see the work of cranks and frauds being promoted here.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-truth-about-cancer-series-is-untruthful-about-cancer/

Dr. Hall is a medical doctor, a veteran of the US Air Force, and does a fantastic job of outlining the BS Bollinger is promoting. This article is mostly just a list of the things he lies about, and I called go grab the articles discussing the work of frauds like Burzinsky, Mercola, and Adams.

Thank you for your response. When one is afflicted with cancer as I was recently diagnosed, I prefer having most all of the tools in the toolbox, so to speak. That means mainstream medicine and other therapies.
I personally know 3 people that are alive today, 7+ years after they completed the mainstream medicine treatment and then sought homeopathic treatment because they were told they had 6 months to live.

Two had pancreatic cancer and the other, lung cancer (outside of the lung). So to indicate that nothing beyond mainstream medicine will do any good, is not entirely true.

I did have an appointment with an oncologist who described what chemotherapy would be used (3 types).And then I asked him, how recently they had been developed. His response....we've been using them for at least 20 years. 20 years! and nothing new (other than the immunotherapy, which by the way, some clinics where medical doctors in the US that have also trained in complimentary medicine have been doing since at least back into the early 1990's.)

jcwit
05-21-2017, 09:20 AM
Thank you for your response. When one is afflicted with cancer as I was recently diagnosed, I prefer having most all of the tools in the toolbox, so to speak. That means mainstream medicine and other therapies.
I personally know 3 people that are alive today, 7+ years after they completed the mainstream medicine treatment and then sought homeopathic treatment because they were told they had 6 months to live.

Two had pancreatic cancer and the other, lung cancer (outside of the lung). So to indicate that nothing beyond mainstream medicine will do any good, is not entirely true.

I did have an appointment with an oncologist who described what chemotherapy would be used (3 types).And then I asked him, how recently they had been developed. His response....we've been using them for at least 20 years. 20 years! and nothing new (other than the immunotherapy, which by the way, some clinics where medical doctors in the US that have also trained in complimentary medicine have been doing since at least back into the early 1990's.)

Good Luck.

Never mentioned what kind of cancer you have!

opos
05-21-2017, 11:13 AM
One thing we heard from both the Oncologist and from the Surgeon when my Wife was going though her bout with cancer was be very careful what you read or take from the internet...there are several locations (American cancer society, Mayo Clinic, etc) that will carefully give some information but every case of cancer is very different and one on one diagnosis will give the best result.

One more thing...with breast cancer the "food for the cancer" is estrogen..not sugar or other things...when estrogen is removed from the picture the cancer loses it's ability to feed...that is the main target of breast cancer after a lump removal or mastectomy...so a blanket statement about sugar, etc may have no bearing on the type of cancer involved..

We almost drove each other and the doctors nuts by looking at the internet babble and listening to self professed experts that were neither doctors nor directly involved as a cancer patient.

An aside...I have a close friend that has glaucoma and is losing his eyesight..his pressures are way up and it's going to cost him his eyesight....he is a "homeopathic guru" and has ignored the doctor's advice to use eye drops to relieve the pressures on the optic nerve...he's taking massive doses of green and blue algae as a home remedy...his eye sight is getting worse and the doctor has shown him the proof positive of what is occurring but he's locked in to the algae treatment that some "expert" on the internet has professed is the best treatment.

Not my eyesight and not my family but it's not working and the outlook is not good..lots of that same kind of thing in all diseases...

garym1a2
05-21-2017, 02:02 PM
Some good info here. i am not sure about sugar, but I have decided to reduce it. I used to think Salt was evil, but when I got sick one of the markers was very low sodium in the blood. Too low sodium and you die. The best advice is to find the best cancer center you can find and a good doctor.

jcwit
05-21-2017, 10:44 PM
Some good info here. i am not sure about sugar, but I have decided to reduce it. I used to think Salt was evil, but when I got sick one of the markers was very low sodium in the blood. Too low sodium and you die. The best advice is to find the best cancer center you can find and a good doctor.

Correct!

blackthorn
05-22-2017, 11:19 AM
Opos--Congratulations to your wife!! Gail just passed her 6 year marker after a similar fight. Her cancer was caught early and she had radiation treatments but did not need chemo.

Char-Gar
05-22-2017, 02:23 PM
In thirty seven years as a pastor, I have seen many scores of people with cancer of all kinds. I have walked with them and their families through the sickness. People respond in many different ways. Some are accepting of their morality and others literally go nuts with worry, searching here and there for some way to dodge the bullet. The net result if they don't live any longer, and the time they have left is an emotional hell.

I have seen all kinds of outcomes with cancer, some good, some OK and some not good at all. For all those who deal with this there are some common issues about mortality, faith and what we truly value in life. These kinds of illness can help us focus on those things that really matter, mostly our relationships. It is a bad illness, but can produce some very positive results in terms of best quality of life.

For the record, I have three different illnesses for which their is no cure and no good long term outcome and one of them is cancer. I am getting to put into practice those things I have learned from walking with others down the same road.

So for those who are on the same road, I would just say, build your faith, trust in the grace of God, mend any broken fences with others and hold those you love close. For Pete's sake done grasp at straws. Face life and face death straight on and cherish each day and those you love. God is good, have no doubt about that! The road ahead may be short, but it can be filled with incredibly rich days.

jcwit
05-22-2017, 03:04 PM
Very well put Char-Gar.

w30wcf
05-23-2017, 06:47 AM
Thank You! Everyone for your comments & Insperation!
jcwit
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?334763-Small-Cell-Lung-Cancer

john

Duckiller
05-23-2017, 02:58 PM
In the summer of 2011 I had a massive nose bleed. After it was stopped I felt like ****. Went to see my Dr. and he had me get a blood test. Next day Igot a call to come in for a transfusion, red blood cell count was very low. After spending a night getting three units of blood the discharging Dr. referred me to a Hematologist. She ended up diagnosing me with Waldenstrom megaglomia, a form of non-hodgons lymphoma. Numbers were such that she was wooied about heart attacks, strokes and long term permanent comas. Promptly went into chemo for 6 months. Three months later numbers were going up again. Another 6 months of chemo. After another 3-4 months the numbers were up again and I went back into chemo. That was four years ago. I see my Dr. about every 2 months. of late the numbers have started up again and Dr and I are ready for me to go into chemo again, then my numbers go down. Sometime within the next year or so I will go back into chemo. Dr says she can control but not cure it, so I will probably be on chemo the rest of my life. I feel bad the week of chemo then I am fine. I can live withthis. Also I have had 8 minor heart attacks. Cardiologist says I won't die of a heart attack, Oncologist says I won't die of cancer. This puts some real stress on my Family Practice Dr. .While I don't particularly enjoy living in the Greater Los Angeles area they're major health centers that are going to keep me going for awhile longer. If you get a cancer diagnose visit several oncologists/hematologists for opinions on various treatments. Decide what is right for you and your family anddo it. don't go to quacks either here orin europe or the third world.

Blackwater
05-23-2017, 04:06 PM
What to do when one discovers or is told they have cancer is about as private and personal a decision as one will ever have to make. I had a cousin who found he had it, and after being told some horror stories of how chemo and radiation could be debilitating, he elected to forego all that, and to just pray for a healing. He'd been a real rounder almost all his life, and came to belief late. He wasn't afraid of death, which is NOT normal, it seems. He was thankful for all the blessings he'd been given, and just decided to take the approach he did. He died, and I'll miss that ol' rascal. But who knows what might have happened if he hadn't refused the usual treatments? I don't, nor does anyone else.

And to have alternative treatments called "fraud" and ALL their practitioners "quacks" is FAR from fair or rational. None who've declaimed my story have yet explained how the 3 docs who did the alternative treatment are still alive, while the 2 who went with chemo and radiation both died. If something works, then .... well, it just works. Plain and simple. Might not work for everyone, but then again, who knows???? If I were found to have cancer, I'd probably go the chemo and radiation route, but it'd nag at me about the diet and health approach, I assure you. Might tray all 3!

We LIKE to think we know a lot more than we truly DO today. That CAN be a grave weakness in us. Any time we stop asking questions and seeking further answers, we're only hurting ourselves. Never take anything as gospel unless and until you've seen the results. Sometimes, we might not understand HOW something works, but if it's clear that it DOES .... well, then it just does. Very simple. Might not work in ALL cases, but anyone who has cancer ought to do some investigating instead of blindly putting ourselves in the hands of others we really don't have any personal relationship with, and therefore, CANNOT know what their true sentiments are towards us.

When challenged, as with cancer, we may WANT to "know," but we should NEVER refuse to consider things that have proven multiple times to have helped, and have simply worked. Do as you will. That's what you SHOULD do. But declaiming alternative treatments out of hand and in total simply isn't a rational decision. It may be motivated by our weakness for "thinking" (or wanting to?) we know more than we really do. And if there's anyone we do NOT want to "fool," it's our own selves. Conventionality CAN be a good thing, but not ALL the time. FWIW?