PDA

View Full Version : Ultra slug hunter

megasupermagnum
05-10-2017, 10:29 PM
I'm pretty disappointed to post this, but I can't get my Ultra slug hunter to close up. The gun functioned perfectly, and has been fired hundreds of times. I had taken it apart, including the trigger assembly to clean it, and now it won't lock up. I have taken my trigger apart again, but still no go. I am not fighting the trigger in, but its not the easiest ever. I made a pin to hold the trigger and spacer together during assembly. Any tricks, maybe a spring I missed? All I see are the main hammer spring, the trigger spring, and the front spring which closes the locking lug.

megasupermagnum
05-13-2017, 12:36 AM
I figured out that the Warne scope base is too long and keeping the gun from fully closing.

historicfirearms
05-14-2017, 08:21 AM
Glad you figured it out. I always wanted one of these when they were still being made. I thought it would be fun to make some brass cartridges with a big old round ball or slug.

jmort
05-14-2017, 08:27 AM
I love my USB
Good to hear it was a simple fix

longbow
05-14-2017, 12:26 PM
I wish I had bought one of those while they were available! They were certainly affordable and seemingly good guns.

Oh well...

I can check for used in Canada but I doubt there are many or any floating around.

If I break down and go rifled gun I'll have to see what I can find. I'd prefer single shot or bolt gun to pump for rifled gun slug shooting.

Longbow

thegatman
05-14-2017, 01:09 PM
Had one in 20 gauge. Only fired Winchester slugs well.