PDA

View Full Version : Broiled pork steak !

Boaz
05-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Love pork steak ! no big secret here . Just salt and black pepper ...lot of black pepper , pork steak deserves it ! 330 in the oven bout 30 min , kick on the broiler and keep watching them (different ovens cook faster-slower) and ;

http://i.imgur.com/XJemtz0.jpg

frankenfab
05-10-2017, 10:55 PM
Rippy apart chewy goodness!

MT Gianni
05-10-2017, 11:59 PM
Good eats there, flavorful, filling and pleasing. Cube a potato, cover it with Ranch dressing and bake for 30 minutes for a nice accompaniment. Add garlic powder to taste.

MaryB
05-11-2017, 12:41 AM
I do them on the Traeger at 300, they get tender.

Lance Boyle
05-14-2017, 07:32 PM
I use them with Jamaican jerked spices.

I did some country style ribs with homemade sauerkraut, two onions, two Fiji apples sliced and
peeled, two tbsp brown sugar, a heavy dash of garlic powder, a pinch of
caraway seed and half the beer I was gonna drink. Brown meat, toss in rest of stuff and
cover and let simmer for a spell. So delicious I kept the pot going throughout the
week adding brats and more krout.

Try that for some pork love. The apples makes it killer!

Preacher Jim
05-15-2017, 04:40 PM
Went to store in Alabama asked for pork steaks they looked at me like I had 2 heads. Them folks just don't know good eating.

Boaz
05-15-2017, 04:54 PM
Folks in the deep south state of Alabama thought pork steak was an odd item ?? You got to be kiddin !

Lloyd Smale
05-16-2017, 06:35 AM
dads favorite breakfast is fried pork steak and eggs.

Lance Boyle
05-17-2017, 01:26 PM
Went to store in Alabama asked for pork steaks they looked at me like I had 2 heads. Them folks just don't know good eating.

odd, when I visited my dad in FL I was amazed at the amount of pork in the meat cases. And big cuts too, lots of picnics and slab fresh bacon. Paradise.

fourarmed
05-17-2017, 01:34 PM
We buy pork shoulder roasts when they are on sale. I slice and freeze about three thick steaks off each one until I get to the bone, then bone out the remainder and freeze in breakfast-sized packages. For breakfast, I fry enough diced bacon to grease the skillet, then add the pork sliced very thin. Add some diced onions, peppers, and celery, and fry until it's all done, then add some eggs. The steaks are magnificent marinated in adobo sauce and grilled.

bpatterson84
05-17-2017, 03:43 PM
It's also called "Pork butt" steaks, but any butcher worth his salt should know what you meant!