PDA

View Full Version : To be a servant

Boaz
05-08-2017, 06:47 AM
Corinthians 9;19-23

19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ, that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.

buckwheatpaul
05-08-2017, 08:14 PM
God's promise plain and simple.....we are lucky He hasnt thrown us away.

Preacher Jim
05-08-2017, 08:43 PM
Paul the greatest thought in the Bible the potter does not throw the clay away.

Preacher Jim
05-08-2017, 08:48 PM
If we want to change people's hearts with the gospel it will be by loving them in to the kingdom. Serving keeps us humble and aware of the needs of those around us, Jesus last act at the last supper was washing His disciples feet. What an example for us to follow of serving.

Boaz
05-08-2017, 09:01 PM
I attended a foot washing service at a Primitive Baptist church many years ago . Being a visitor I was not asked to participate . It was an amazing experience to see the members humble themselves and give service to one another .

USMC87
05-09-2017, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the reminder of our Discipleship.

Blackwater
05-10-2017, 03:52 PM
A servant is always humble. This distinguishes him AS a servant, from the others around him who are "over" him. And being humble (not "mousey" but honestly humble) is a great hallmark of a mature Christian. Christ indeed sought not to offend any, for the greater good that He was sent here to accomplish and achieve. He will always be an object lesson for all of us in that. He always sought not to offend anyone, but also always spoke the Truth to whoever he was engaging with. And this, in the end, is what caused people to nail him to that Old Rugged Cross. He offended nobody. It was the Truth that offended them, and it offended them so much, that they killed him for simply telling the strict, absolute Truth. Would that we mere mortals could be so committed to the actual Truth! Many times, we are too timid and not learned enough to even KNOW what the real Truth is! But He did. And He spoke it to whoever he came in contact with that would listen to Him. What a wondrous Savior we worship!

Boaz
05-10-2017, 08:32 PM
If we want to change people's hearts with the gospel it will be by loving them in to the kingdom. Serving keeps us humble and aware of the needs of those around us, Jesus last act at the last supper was washing His disciples feet. What an example for us to follow of serving.

DANG ! I couldn't agree more . So much scripture could be offered I'll not even try ! Christ was our living example ...enough said . He taught by perfect example .