PDA

View Full Version : Bullet designs and improvements?

andym79
05-08-2017, 02:41 AM
Hi guys, I am having a wildcat made for me on a Winchester 94 BB.

The wildcat will be a 416-356W.

I am going to get Tom of accurate molds, to make me up a couple of multi design molds.

Here are the designs I am thinking of getting done.

Please feel free to make suggestions as to how to improve them.

Scharfschuetze
05-09-2017, 01:21 AM
That sounds pretty interesting Andy. I see that your proposals are plain base designs. Are you considering a gas check bullet also?

andym79
05-09-2017, 03:32 AM
Maybe, not sure if I need them though. That would depend on range. I am considering GC versions on the light two, I think if I hit velocity that requires GC for the heavier two in might hurt both ends.

I was hoping someone would pipe in with suggestions as to improving BC with losing too much meplat.

Wayne Smith
05-09-2017, 10:08 AM
FWIW - I do not have a single GC mold for my 45-70! For the same reason listed, and my rifle is an Encore barrel. Yours is gonna hurt more than mine!

Scharfschuetze
05-09-2017, 12:24 PM
I was hoping someone would pipe in with suggestions as to improving BC with losing too much meplat.

I think that I'd go with what you have. Those designs look pretty good to me and are a good compromise, unless you want to have a thumper with a big meplat for roos and one designed for longer range target shooting. The overall length limitations of the Model 94 action will limit how much of a nose you can have forward of the case so a long nose is not an option. A meplat that is too large may cause some feeding issues.