PDA

View Full Version : do you also have a problem like this?

mozeppa
05-06-2017, 06:13 PM
when loading 30 carbine ...38.spl....357 mag....44 mag....45 colt...

they are so tall that they sometimes will get jammed under the case feeder plate that feeds my dillon 650.

you are supposed to use a giant washer on your case feeder plate to raise it up an 1/8th of an inch
so they will stay in the plate spaces and not fall out because they are too tall.

but the plate being raised up has that 1/8" of air space to grab a case then the rotation drags the case further until it goes completely under the feeder disk!

i thought hmmmm?

if there was no space and the the feeder disk sat all the way down there would be no way a case could get under it.

but it has to be tall enough to keep the tall cases in it until they are dropped into the feed tube.

problem solved!

1/2" thick piece of delrin fashioned to look exactly like a case feeder disk ....but only thicker.

have NOT had a case jam up under the disk since!

p.s. the 2 long bolts are just handles to have something to get a hold of to get it in and out of the feeder.

LUBEDUDE
05-07-2017, 08:55 AM
You did a good job duplicating the shape of that plate.

I've never had that problem though with my two 1050s for 38 and 9mm. Didn't have that problem with my 45 acp 1050 that I sold either.

No Blue
05-07-2017, 03:47 PM
So somebody owns a Bridgeport and a rotary table, eh?

mozeppa
05-07-2017, 04:36 PM
So somebody owns a Bridgeport and a rotary table, eh?

nope.... did it with a compass , drill press, disc sander and a dewalt hand router.:D

wish i had what you said.

p.s. and a ruler and magnifying goggles.

No Blue
05-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Way back in the last century, I would have done it with a 1/4" inch, single speed, drill motor; that was the only power tool I had. Then it was files, hacksaw, sandpaper....no plastic, aluminum plate most likely.

But now I got the fully tooled Bport and TWO metal lathes!

I did a similar project when I cut 5 pounds of chips out the flywheel on my BMW airhead motorcycle. Had to be accurate as this spun up to 7500 rpm. It was.

Nice job, that took superior spacial relationship ability to conceive and make that; something that is in short supply on most reloading forums....

jmorris
05-07-2017, 05:52 PM
It's not too difficult to make fixtures to do the job.

Two holes, with the right centerlines and a third with the right spacing.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/jmorrismetal/reloading/bullet%20feeder/DSC01472.jpg

No Blue
05-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Show off.