PDA

View Full Version : GOD gives a sign and reminder

Boaz
05-05-2017, 07:00 PM
Old testament ...GOD made a covenant . The beautiful rainbow in the sky after a rain is the keeping of his promise . GOD made the covenant with Noah and us after the flood , the rainbow is proof of GOD's commitment . GOD always does what he says . Good reading .

Genesis 9
So God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them: “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth.[a (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+9+&version=NKJV#fen-NKJV-207a)] 2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand. 3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. 4 But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. 5 Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man’s brother I will require the life of man.6 “Whoever sheds man’s blood,
By man his blood shall be shed;
For in the image of God
He made man.
7 And as for you, be fruitful and multiply;
Bring forth abundantly in the earth
And multiply in it.”

8 Then God spoke to Noah and to his sons with him, saying: 9 “And as for Me, behold, I establish My covenant with you and with your descendants[b (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+9+&version=NKJV#fen-NKJV-215b)] after you, 10 and with every living creature that is with you: the birds, the cattle, and every beast of the earth with you, of all that go out of the ark, every beast of the earth. 11 Thus I establish My covenant with you: Never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood; never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.”
12 And God said: “This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13 I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. 14 It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; 15 and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16 The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” 17 And God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth.”

Look up the word ..covenant in the biblical sense .

buckwheatpaul
05-05-2017, 07:41 PM
What a great reminder of God's power and promise.....we need these kind of lessons....thanks Charlie! Paul

GhostHawk
05-05-2017, 08:43 PM
Well said Charlie!

nannyhammer
05-06-2017, 08:40 AM
Interesting passage. When our daughter was killed on 02 Apr 17, we had three rainbows in two different states within 72 hours. Two of those appeared to end on three different family members homes. One in fact ran from my dad's to my brothers house which are approximately 500yds apart. The third was over the college campus where the first two scholarships were awarded in her name. We took the rainbows as a sign she had arrived home.

square butte
05-06-2017, 09:38 AM
We appreciate the signs when they come - Sometimes we need em

USMC87
05-06-2017, 09:51 AM
I really needed this Charlie, Good to see you are feeling better.

Smoke4320
05-06-2017, 10:44 AM
Glad to see you back..
Like some others its been a trying week
these messages help steer me back on track
thanks

Pine Baron
05-06-2017, 10:46 AM
His signs are all around and evident. Just open your eyes and heart.

jmort
05-06-2017, 11:45 AM
This is great. Fantastic.
You hear people ask does God have the power to do anything and everything?
The short answer is yes, but the real answer is no.
He will not make you do things. He respects your free will.
And, for example, that "never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth."
We have his word. He is the perfect Gentleman.
So knowing that God keeps his Word 100%, we know that he will not, and as a practical matter and that he cannot do that, i.e. "never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth."

Blackwater
05-08-2017, 12:44 AM
I will never see a rainbow without thinking of His promise. I just wish we could not make it necessary for the next "cleansing." But He knows SO much more than we do, that ... whatever He finds necessary or desirable, I'll have to acede to, because I know His love and understanding exceeds mine by an infinite degree. Whatever He puts on our plates, I'll swallow, and try to savor whatever it is, and find the good in it. And there's always good in everything that faces us, whether we WANT what we get or not. I know I should look forward to death, and shedding this weak and frail body, but .... it's just not in our natures to truly and deeply look forward to that. At least I don't fear it, and I once did that. Truly, God really, truly knew what He was doing when he created the universe, this world, and us, even if we can't always understand or desire what we get in it. But according to His promise, "All things work together to the good for those who love the Lord." Amen! Could we EVER have a greater assurance than THAT?