PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Aboard Littleton Shot Maker

No_1
05-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Members,

Castboolits is proud to welcome aboard The Littleton Shot Maker Company. Please extend a warm welcome.

Robert

Littleton Shot Maker
05-05-2017, 12:23 PM
Robert
Thanks you so much again for all you help.

I hope to add more to the forum and try to continue to help fellow casters with their shot making needs.

Alan Burgess
Littleton shot maker

Side note: websites are being rebuilt
www.littletonshotmachine.com
www.littletonshotmaker.com
And the very old one: www.Burgessbullets.com
Should all soon be pointing to my new web page.

These domains had to be transfered and that is taking longer than I expectd.
If you need help please email, pm , or call. I even help folks if they don't have one of our machines!

Preacher Jim
05-05-2017, 12:29 PM
welcome to the forum Alan

nagantguy
05-05-2017, 01:28 PM
Welcome;I've been dabbling with the idea of making shot, and rifle loading for my scatter guns, looks like I can just buy your products and satisfy my curiosity

Littleton Shot Maker
05-05-2017, 01:43 PM
Thanks gents!
And look out for a give away I am working on with No1 , to give machine to a Castboolits member , some rules will apply, one being you must be active member and have been active on the casting for shotgun s threads, be willing to post up pictures of you with loading presses (shotgun) and or the Littleton Shot Maker I send you .

Still working the details out with Robert !!!

John Allen
05-05-2017, 09:05 PM
Welcome Alan, I really like your shot maker it looks like a great piece of equipment.

dsh1106
05-05-2017, 09:08 PM
Thanks gents!
And look out for a give away I am working on with No1 , to give machine to a Castboolits member , some rules will apply, one being you must be active member and have been active on the casting for shotgun s threads, be willing to post up pictures of you with loading presses (shotgun) and or the Littleton Shot Maker I send you .

Still working the details out with Robert !!!

Welcome Alan

Awesome deal, sounds good!!

RP
05-06-2017, 12:54 AM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg31/Ricky1965/RELOADING/shotmaker9.jpg
I have a video of the shot maker running but it will not download so here is a pic of how much shot you can run in a day with the 220 volt model we changed the drippers to doubles and they would keep two guys busy adding lead and removing shot out of the tank. Never had a problem with ours and ran several tons of lead into shot sold most of it when shot was so pricy.

Welcome aboard Alan.

RugerFan
05-06-2017, 04:06 AM
Welcome Alan! Looking forward to your input here.

jsizemore
05-06-2017, 11:14 PM
It's great to have you as a fellow member. Welcome.

reloader4410
05-10-2017, 07:02 PM
welcome & happy trails.

jimb16
05-17-2017, 07:54 PM
I've been using one of Alan's machines for many years now. Had some minor problems early on, but Alan took the time to help me solve them and the machine has run like a dream ever since. The investment is well worth the money if you use a lot of shot. Skeet and trap shooters who reload their own would definitely benefit from one of these.

copdills
05-20-2017, 02:39 PM
Big Welcome , wanted to pick one of your shot makers up for a long time, and thanks for the shot maker instructions, this answered alot of questions

sparky45
05-20-2017, 09:35 PM
Shot got so expensive, I quit loading for my 12, 20, and 410's. Welcome Alan, hope to see more.

Vinne
05-20-2017, 10:36 PM
Thanks Alan for all the help getting my shotmaker back up after hurricane Katrina. You wouldn't believe how many hours of joy (some pain too) spent with my Littleton... but there is a feeling of accomplishment after a batch is complete that most people never get to feel. The better scores at the matches due to the extra practice sure feels good too!

jdfoxinc
05-21-2017, 09:11 AM
Years ago I read the entire archived shot naming thread on shotgunworld.com. I bought a Stewart better shot maker and have run multiple hatches. Then my store was torched. I was locked out for a week till the insurance investigators could come. My drippers rusted closed. Do you still make drippers that fit?

RP
05-21-2017, 10:15 AM
Should not be a problem I got some doubles for mine.

obssd1958
05-21-2017, 10:31 AM
Always wanted to try out a shotmaker. Like others here, I quit loading for, and shooting, my shotguns, when the price of shot went above $1.50 per pound.
Let us know when the website is ready!

WJP
05-21-2017, 10:02 PM
Been on the fence about buying one for a while now. I swore for a decade I'd never load shotshells. Then I ran across a 9000 too cheap to pass up with shot. Combined with my son growing up and our 5th Sunday church skeet shoots, I load a lot. It helps quite a bit with 410 and 16 gauge. I'll probably look into one again when I get to the bottom of my shot which isn't far away.

fivegunner
05-22-2017, 10:19 AM
Nice to see you here Alan , Welcome . :grin::Fire:

Smoke4320
05-22-2017, 11:57 AM
yes welcome aboard .. We talked some this last winter .. Intend to purchase this fall

Littleton Shot Maker
05-22-2017, 11:59 AM
Vincent , hey good to see you're on here! You know if you need help just shoot me a call or text. Emails are a bit slow as I am driving now for extra cash and helping my folks more now than ever, getting old has been hard on them !!

Thanks to all for the warm welcome, I have been here a long time but try to keep to the areas I know or understand best : casting for shot guns !!
Thanks

jimb16
05-28-2017, 07:20 PM
How well does shot from a littleton shotmaker work? I can't say how it will work for you guys, but for me its just fine. Last friday I shot 2 rounds of skeet; a 23 and a 25. Today I shot two more rounds; a 24 and a 25. Results speak volumes!

Miata Mike
05-29-2017, 11:47 PM
Alan, I've got a 220 volt Littleton up at my cabin and need to wire an outlet in my garage. The plug is rated for 20 amps. Would a 20 amp 220 breaker be proper for this shot maker. I haven't used it yet, but figure on running a pile of shot and selling it.

And welcome, I've seen your posts over the years.

too many things
05-30-2017, 04:42 PM
mike yes the breaker is correct

above post all the drippers are same ,just 2 or single

Littleton Shot Maker
05-30-2017, 06:32 PM
Mike
Some one beat me to it-
for 120 volts you need 15 amp min. so you are well covered in the 220 volt arena - 220 uses about 6.8 amps to run, the 120 runs at about 13.5 amps…I am NOT an electrician, these numbers are 'close' if not "exact".

Just got a pic of a 10 year boy running his dad's machine over the weekend- He says 'if his kids can do it any one can'….I've said the same thing many times my self-

If I can do it with my limited skills and back ground any one willing to read the instructions can make good shot at home- It all starts with the desire , then a machine and then good clean lean with no impurities ….

Miata Mike
08-25-2017, 11:15 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg31/Ricky1965/RELOADING/shotmaker9.jpg
I have a video of the shot maker running but it will not download so here is a pic of how much shot you can run in a day with the 220 volt model we changed the drippers to doubles and they would keep two guys busy adding lead and removing shot out of the tank. Never had a problem with ours and ran several tons of lead into shot sold most of it when shot was so pricy.

Welcome aboard Alan.

What do you use to sort the odd sized shot from this pile, or is there close to none?

My first attempt was not good, and I got real sick of shaking a screen.