View Full Version : Pray for lineman

rl69
05-03-2017, 05:51 PM
It's geting that time of year spring storms popping up downed power lines. We need to add the men and women who keep the power on to our prayer list.

tbceja
05-03-2017, 06:28 PM
I agree they have a dangerous job. I work with them every day I'm a transformer/ tool Tec. At a power utility.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pine Baron
05-03-2017, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the reminder, rl. My prayers go out for their safety.

buckwheatpaul
05-03-2017, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the reminder!

Boaz
05-04-2017, 05:19 AM
They provide service in terrible and dangerous conditions/situations to keep us going. I'll pray .

USMC87
05-04-2017, 07:57 AM
Linemen added to our prayer list.

jmort
05-04-2017, 08:40 AM
That is a tough job and brutal in inclement weather
Prayer is in order, to be sure

w5pv
05-04-2017, 12:55 PM
The linemen have a very dangerous job with just one little tiny mishap is and can be life threating,prayers sent for their safty.

shoot-n-lead
05-04-2017, 01:12 PM
Prayer sent.

Blackwater
05-04-2017, 05:37 PM
My DIL works with Ga. Power, and is on one of the teams that travels to other states when a disaster strikes. She knows all too well what these guys do. While we're at home, hunkered down and calling in about power outages, these guys are out there IN all the damage and dealing with all the dangers involved. And I've never met one who wasn't humble to a fault! Confident, yes, or they couldn't do what they do, but never un-humble.

Now that I'm not that tough any more, I always think of those guys any more when we get a power outage. Very few people will ever know what all these guys do and face in storm responses. If there are unsung heroes, these guys have to be at the forefront, and almost nobody even realizes what all they do, or the circumstances in which they must work, oftentimes, when their work means the most to us. My home is all electric, so we have to improvise to cook when the power's off.

And they do it all voluntarily, and I have never heard of one turning back from a task. But I don't think any of them do what they do for the praise and recognition. That's a very good thing for us!

DCP
05-06-2017, 10:43 AM
One of the students on my bus, father died on the line. He was 15 and a great kid had 3 younger siblings. He grew up real fast. I am proud of him. More important his father would have been proud of him.