PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood on Eugene OR Craigslist

pete501
05-03-2017, 10:56 AM
https://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/6113462120.html
This is not my add. Hollywood senior press comes with table. Add states "make a reasonable offer".

LUBEDUDE
05-03-2017, 11:23 AM
This may not be so, but on the first photo the top piece does not look square to the riser, thus misalignment of the die to shell holder.

Also, $450 is way out of line for an aluminum Senior.

seagiant
05-03-2017, 11:35 AM
Hi,
Yep, that press has problems!

It has always amazed me, how people can turn a blind eye to what they have to sale, and still put up a crazy price!!!

Drew P
05-03-2017, 04:48 PM
I've noticed reloading equipment around here seems to be made of gold. Of course gold is a terrible replacement for tool steel.

Kevin Rohrer
05-03-2017, 07:04 PM
Hi,
Yep, that press has problems!

It has always amazed me, how people can turn a blind eye to what they have to sale, and still put up a crazy price!!!

Exactly. Right now, some moron on Ebay has a Senior for sale that he wants $1000 for. I emailed him to let him know what the actual value is for it, and the socially-challenged individual did nothing more than send me a ridiculous reply asking if everyone in my family is as stupid as me.

The Craigslist seller named a random price, but will accept a lesser price. $300 is a better price, although even that is high.

smokeywolf
05-03-2017, 07:35 PM
Exactly. Right now, some moron on Ebay has a Senior for sale that he wants $1000 for. I emailed him to let him know what the actual value is for it, and the socially-challenged individual did nothing more than send me a ridiculous reply asking if everyone in my family is as stupid as me.

The Craigslist seller named a random price, but will accept a lesser price. $300 is a better price, although even that is high.

I've had similar exchanges with ebay sellers. Unethical people hate it when someone points out their lack of ethics.

KohlerK91
05-03-2017, 08:02 PM
I've had similar exchanges with ebay sellers. Unethical people hate it when someone points out their lack of ethics.

Unethical because someone asks a price more than you are willing to pay?

poacherjo
05-03-2017, 08:06 PM
And I have seen some things sell for way above it's value!! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

ascast
05-03-2017, 08:35 PM
gold is a terrible replacement for tool steel I am going to borrow that one.

The press is about $100 to 150, maybe more if dead mint in box blah blah. There are lots of better press around of that money. Offer him $50 and tell him why. Bent ,chipped paint, missing parts.

smokeywolf
05-03-2017, 08:53 PM
Unethical because someone asks a price more than you are willing to pay?

Kevin didn't ask for a cheaper price. He offered knowledgeable advice which the seller could have politely refused. Instead, seller chose to insult Kevin and his family.

You obviously agree with the seller's rude and uncalled for response.

KohlerK91
05-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Kevin didn't ask for a cheaper price. He offered knowledgeable advice which the seller could have politely refused. Instead, seller chose to insult Kevin and his family.

You obviously agree with the seller's rude and uncalled for response.

The "Ask a Question" button on EBay is intended for just that, Asking questions.

Using it to tell someone their item is not worth what they are asking is probably not a good idea. Especially with no intention to make an offer.

smokeywolf
05-03-2017, 10:43 PM
I can see, 'thank you for your input' as a response. Just don't see why you're defending rudeness here.

seagiant
05-03-2017, 11:32 PM
Hi,
When I see an ad like that I figure the guy is "fishing"!

Remember it only takes one!

This can also go the other way!

I was at a Gun Show and was looking at a press ($50) I really didn't want, and was walking away.

The owner said he had another press to sale and pulled a steel (Short) Hollywood Senior from behind his bench.

When I asked how much, he said $10!

WJP
05-04-2017, 12:24 AM
Best thing to do is just let people be stupid on there own. No point to antagonize them for no reason. If you don't like a person's price why take the time to offer input if you don't intend to buy it anyway?

Kevin Rohrer
05-04-2017, 04:57 AM
The "Ask a Question" button on EBay is intended for just that, Asking questions.

Using it to tell someone their item is not worth what they are asking is probably not a good idea. Especially with no intention to make an offer.

The purpose of Ebay is to buy and sell stuff. The seller wants to sell someone at a grossly inflated price that he will never get. What is wrong w/ gently correcting him on a truer value so he can sell it to someone who wants it?

Pressman
05-04-2017, 06:29 AM
I agree with Kevin, and I too have tried to gently help some sellers. Sometimes it comes out ok, but there are those with a very inflated sense of their own self worth that only know how to insult everyone.
Kevin, at least you tried,
Ken

Elkins45
05-04-2017, 03:59 PM
I can see, 'thank you for your input' as a response. Just don't see why you're defending rudeness here.

I had a S&W model 28 on Armslist last year. Great shape with original grips. Asked $500.

Some guy emailed me calling me a gouger and telling me that a Model 28 is a bargain basement gun and was only worth $300 at most.

Put me in the camp that would prefer people keep their "helpful advice" to themselves.

smokeywolf
05-04-2017, 04:28 PM
I had a S&W model 28 on Armslist last year. Great shape with original grips. Asked $500.

Some guy emailed me calling me a gouger and telling me that a Model 28 is a bargain basement gun and was only worth $300 at most.

Put me in the camp that would prefer people keep their "helpful advice" to themselves.

There is, 'trying to help' and there is, 'being a jerk'. Not hard to tell the two apart. To the 'jerk' (like Elkins45 dealt with) who's just being critical I would say, "don't need your opinion and don't need your bid". Still not calling his entire family stupid.

danomano
05-04-2017, 06:22 PM
... prime example... The huge Hollywood Press lot that has been on E-bay forever... amazing no one has bought it... wonder when she will figure out the price is too high, she has to know by now it is.... probably re-list it a few more times at the same high price...