PDA

View Full Version : Shoot'm Up

Hickory
05-03-2017, 08:05 AM
My sister and her husband were up from Florida and stopped over to do some shooting. Mike brought with him two S&W 9mm and a Walter P38.
It was quite windy, cold and damp and didn't think we'd be able to shoot.

We walked out to the range and decided that we could set up our shooting range by the double row of pine trees to block the wind. This proved to be a good solution and blocked a good 80% of the wind.

We setup a plywood target hanger up in the ditch that separated my property from the neighbors. Using the ditch bank as a backstop, it gave us a good 20 yd shooting range.

I brought out some of my shooters and we shot from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Stopping for an hour lunch. After lunch during our shooting session we were joined by my two nieces and one of their friends who stopped by to visit my sister and husband. My nieces are shooters 20 and 22 years old and soon joined in on the action. The other girl who, I must confess, I have forgotten her name had never held a gun in her life, let alone shot one, ended up having " a wonderful time." I was rewarded with a kiss on the cheek for letting her shoot. She is now thinking about getting her own gun to "have fun."

My wife and I decided to take the whole crew out for dinner and it ended up costing about the same as 5000 primers.

Now, today, I have 11 shooter I have to clean and put away. Not to mention hundreds of empties to reload. But, I had a good time and got a surprised kiss from a young beauty.

GhostHawk
05-03-2017, 08:18 AM
Awesome!

tigweldit
05-03-2017, 09:44 AM
Does it get any better than that? I don't think so. Now, what to put into all that empty brass!

jeepyj
05-03-2017, 09:47 AM
I can't imagine how a day could get much better than that!

foesgth
05-03-2017, 10:36 AM
She could have been twins!

WILCO
05-03-2017, 11:23 AM
Congratulations Hickory!

runfiverun
05-03-2017, 12:23 PM
calm down Wilco she wasn't a redhead. :lol:
I think I enjoy the impromptu 'lets go down and shoot stuff' shooting sessions about as much as anything.

Sur-shot
05-03-2017, 12:40 PM
Yep, teaching young folks to shoot and have fun, safely, is a real good day in anyone's book.
Ed

Hogtamer
05-03-2017, 02:44 PM
Nothing like understanding neighbors!

Hickory
05-03-2017, 03:08 PM
Nothing like understanding neighbors!

There are 8 neighbors in 2 and a half square miles around me and out of those 7 are shooters/hunters.
You can tell by the gunshots if someone is hunting or plinking or target shooting.
I've got good neighbors.

Taylor
05-03-2017, 07:11 PM
Love it....that had to be a great day:drinks:

rl69
05-03-2017, 07:17 PM
I enjoyed your post. Thank you for letting us be a part of your day.

Bzcraig
05-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Does it get any better than that? I don't think so. Now, what to put into all that empty brass!

Love it....that had to be a great day:drinks:

I enjoyed your post. Thank you for letting us be a part of your day.

Awesome!