PDA

View Full Version : Which one are you ?

Boaz
05-02-2017, 08:24 PM
Ever thought about it ? Which one will you be to receive your reward ?

Matthew 1;12

And seeing the multitudes, He went up on a mountain, and when He was seated His disciples came to Him. 2 Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying:3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
For they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
For they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
For they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
For they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called sons of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,

11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

buckwheatpaul
05-02-2017, 08:45 PM
We all have a role to play in our chosen professional and our private life. If we have Jesus on our hearts then we will fit into Matthew 1:12 as one of the ones that has their name in the Book of Life. Thanks for the post Charlie....it make you stop and reflect......Paul

Grits
05-02-2017, 08:51 PM
There are a couple.

Mourning over my sin. I hate that I do what I know I shouldn't do.

Thirsting after righteousness. If you use as a moral code doing what is right and just you will are on the way of living a rewarding life serving others.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

GhostHawk
05-02-2017, 09:39 PM
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit,

I don't know that I am poor in spirit. I have been poor in finances often. But the Lord saw to it that I had an abundance of all I needed, and some of what I wanted. Just not money.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
For they shall be comforted.

Not me, yet.
5 Blessed are the meek,
For they shall inherit the earth.

I don't think I am meek. I could wish to be more so sometimes.
I have had many question me how I could be physically weak and yet be willing to try anything, challenge everything. The easy way would be to say "the Force is Strong in this one" And I am not totally convinced that saying that would be wrong.
You can intimidate me, but it doesn't last long. You threaten me with physical harm and I have been known to repay 10 fold. I have no desire to do any harm to anyone. Yet I think something about me must threaten some people. As they have tried to do it to me.

6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled.

This, if I could ask, this. I try for this, I struggle for it, I burn for it. And I curse myself when I fall short. But I get up and try again, and try to learn from my failures.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
For they shall obtain mercy.

Showing Mercy when you have been wronged is hard. I would love to believe that I could someday do this. But I hold out small hope of it happening.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
For they shall see God.

Perhaps this I can say I am if not there, I am at least getting close to, approaching it. Perhaps. To love all, to understand the others pain and forgive even before the blow falls. This is Christlike. This is IMO a worthy goal.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called sons of God.

Peacemakers risk all for no reward. It is good that they should earn reward in Heaven for it.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,

I do not know but I suspect we will see much persecution of Christians in the coming years. It will be I think in some ways the defining test between those who ARE Christian, and those who call themselves that.

11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Blackwater
05-04-2017, 06:13 PM
I'm just a sinner saved by Grace, and SO thankful for that! I'm learning to do better, but I'll never achieve what I want to be. Not while wearing this body, at least. All praise and honor be to our Lord!