PDA

View Full Version : anxiety is getting worse

GoodOlBoy
05-02-2017, 02:20 AM
We are still trying to get Heather treatment. We are still fighting SS Disability who just sent me an updated set of "rules" for appealing that included us having to have their permission before appealing. A process which requires another hearing. And part of the appealment hearing requires that I have "approval to have legal representation"... In other words they haven't approved my lawyers to be involved, so they can't be involved until I get it approved. My lawyers now have this paperwork in hand. My anxiety is getting worse. I haven't been writing, and I know I haven't been on lately. I apologize. I will check back in when I can, but right now I just don't know when that will be.

God Bless, and One Love.

Richard

Teddy (punchie)
05-02-2017, 03:48 AM
Hi Richard and Heather , Sorry to hear about your troubles pray it all works out.

Boaz
05-02-2017, 05:26 AM
GOD be with both of you Richard . I will pray .

nekshot
05-02-2017, 05:45 AM
Turn it over to God brother, I know you know that but He does love to get involved! Praying for a quick settlement of issue at hand.

Pine Baron
05-02-2017, 08:09 AM
Praying for Heather's healing and Richard's anxiety. May God show His divine Mercy. All Glory goes to God.

Blackwater
05-02-2017, 04:18 PM
GOB, it seems the bureaucrats at Soc. Sec. seem to want to MAKE people EARN their disability in the most trying and frustrating manner possible! I've known a number of folks who've had to wait 2 yrs. and longer before getting theirs started, and were actually receiving benefits. About 2 yrs. is the average time for folks I've had experience with, no matter how obvious the disability, and no matter how dire their needs during those intervening 2 years. They've proven about as heartless and officious as any group I've EVER had any experience with. How they can sleep with themselves at night is beyond me.

All I can tell you is to keep plugging away, and getting an attorney who specializes in these cases, is probably mandatory today. They'll take their fees out of your lump sum "back pay" when that's issued in your name, and I have a sneaking suspicion that the Trial Lawyers Assn. has created that situation. It shouldn't take an attorney to determine if 90+% of all people who are disabled are qualified under SS regs .... but of course "ought to" and "is" don't coincide very often when we're talking about our over-bloated and ineffectuous federal gov't. It seems to be tailored to the rich, and aimed at making them richer and more powerful.

You have my sympathy and my prayers. I wish I could tell you something more cheerful, but at least, maybe knowing what you're probably up against will help you determine your best course until you can get your payments started and your life stabilized. God grant you a blessing in all this. Heaven knows, it's full of trials and idiocy as it already is! Keep the Faith. It always pays off in the end. And don't lose hope, either. Faith and hope always go together, and if you lose one, you tend to lose both. Just keep praying and persevering. And remember that very important Bible verse, "This too shall pass." And it will. Often, bad situations don't or won't pass quick enough to satisfy us, but there's always satisfaction in the Love of our Lord, and He can see you through anything that can be launched against you in this world. Bless you and may God keep you in the palm of his hand.

308Jeff
05-02-2017, 04:42 PM
Prayers

square butte
05-02-2017, 05:45 PM
May you both know God's presence in every way

opos
05-02-2017, 06:23 PM
I had a good friend (now passed on) that was a lawyer specializing in Social Security disability cases..The stories he told were frightening if not down right scary....the process according to the way he said it was to force the waiting game with turned down claims and appeals hoping that many of the cases would go away. While many of the cases were fradulent and did, in fact just wither away and go away...there were also the ones where there was absolute need and a valid reason for the claim and it's ensuing approval...but in fact it took a very long time for most cases to even be really looked at.

I had an acquaintance that went to my lawyer friend. She had very serious physical and also mental problems that had been diagnosed and "proved" several times...but no SSDI for her.. She stayed in the "loop" long enough to finally get approval and begin to receive the payments which were more than appropriate and the stress and strain of this battle and other issues finally got the best of her...she took her life.

I despise some of the program "issues" in programs the Government administers..it seems to be one big merry go round to give a bunch of pencil pushers some way to justify their existence....and people that need help are the victims...of course there are the frauds that bleed the programs but often when they are caught...nothing is done....violation and fraud in SSDI should be a felony with appropriate punishment but of course it won't..the libtard do gooders need to have their say and control.

Best wishes on your case and hope it works out soon.

RogerDat
05-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Hoping for the best, sister went through this and it was tough uphill climb but eventually she prevailed. Other than prayers only thing I can offer is worrying doesn't change anything. Not saying don't worry be happy, but recognize constructive worry where you look for solutions vs. just worry that makes you anxious. The first is good, it gets you out looking for a lawyer and organizing your records. The second type of worry just adds to your troubles and does no good at all.

See your friends, read a good book. Live and enjoy life rather than live only this struggle. Come here and visit. Heck read my posts in the pit and call me a damnyankee (one word not two, right?) These are the things and communities that can help give you strength and stamina to keep going for your goal. Good luck.

USMC87
05-02-2017, 06:34 PM
Hey Richard, Our thoughts and prayers are with you both.

w5pv
05-03-2017, 09:44 AM
The SS will fight you tooth and toe nail. In my case their own Dr said I had a disability and the Judge asked them why they were wasting his time by not granting me the disability nd told them to give me the grant and get out of his court.

wv109323
05-03-2017, 11:04 AM
It took me 7 years to get my SSDI.
in WV, it was 14-17 months between appearances between the ALJ.
Get a lawyer that specializes in SS claims.
Get a letter from your doctor that you are 100% disabled.
The lawyers get ( when I filed) 25% or $5600 max. Lawyers wait till their part of the settlement is the max.
Get a copy of all medical records and understand them before appearing before ALJ.
Expect anything.
The ALJ judges have no bosses so they can do anything they please, whether logical or bizarre.
good luck

Hickok
05-04-2017, 05:06 PM
Prays for a good outcome.

Blackwater
05-04-2017, 05:27 PM
The one compensation you can look forward to is that when they finally DO get your payment started, you'll get back pay for the whole duration where you were waiting. This is what lawyers get their fees out of, usually, and when you get it, it'll be a large lump sum payment, and you'll be able to square up with anyone you are indebted to, or if you've lost things, you'll be able to replace them, and with a large lump sum, you'll probably be able to negotiate a much better deal than you would if you made payments, like on a vehicle, etc. It DOES get better eventually, but I know that's not helping you now. God be with you both, and bring a healing of all this to you.

Wayne Smith
05-07-2017, 07:57 AM
Put your faith in God and fight the SSDI fight. He calls us to fight when appropriate and supports and sustains us when we do. Mediated on the Psalm 23 - most of us don't want to walk through the deep dark, scary valley, but it is there that we meet God.

buckwheatpaul
05-07-2017, 08:07 AM
Richard, getting a lawyer is the best way to deal with SS and its employees....I have seen sooooo many screwed by that organization that we were forced to contribute into yet only receive pittance in return. The lawyer will be the best, not the cheapest, way to secure your ss check....Good luck and God bless you and your family! Paul

frkelly74
05-07-2017, 08:07 AM
Keep on saying your prayers man, God will answer you. And you might get in touch with your Senator. The vote hounds do like to do conspicuous good deeds. I have done this once with good results.

Blackwater
05-08-2017, 12:39 AM
The hardest part of dealing with the big delay in gettin SSDI started, is for most of us who've always thought we'd always be the ones GIVING charity instead of receiving it, is being humble enough and appreciative enough to accept whatever is necessary while waiting on the payments to begin. Open up your heart and be humble enough to accept whatever is necessary until your payments begin. It's tough, because most of us are TOO prideful. But one day, you'll again be able to offer some charity to others again. This is how the Good Lord intended for us to be, I think. It's tough for most of us to humble ourselves, but ..... so wonderfully necessary sometimes. Anything that keeps us humble surely keeps us closer to our Lord! It's a tough lesson to learn, but .... so vital in this case.

Keep the faith, and let others help where they can, and endure the rest, and know that there's an end to the problems you're facing right now. God bless you both, and keep you in His loving arms in your trials. Amen.