PDA

View Full Version : Pic of stainless broomhandle

69daytona
05-01-2017, 10:35 PM
Here is a close up of the C96 in my other post, you can see how the grip and butt stock attach and the engraving. The wood is beautiful too.

Patrick56
05-03-2017, 08:47 AM
Stainless? Made by ..........?

Der Gebirgsjager
05-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Beautiful gun, 69daytona, but I have to doubt that anything other than the barrel is made of stainless. I can make out the Waffenfabrik Mauser logo on the side below the hammer. The last ones were made in the late '30s-early '40s, and with the exception of some specialized parts like the M1 Garand's gas cylinder stainless didn't come in to wide use in guns until the early '70s. It is likely "in the white" meaning that it has no finish at all over the bare steel, or it is coated with a plating of some sort like electroless nickel or hard chrome. Beautiful wood on that gun, and a very nice piece.

Patrick56
05-03-2017, 11:34 AM
Beautiful gun, 69daytona, but I have to doubt that anything other than the barrel is made of stainless. I can make out the Waffenfabrik Mauser logo on the side below the hammer. The last ones were made in the late '30s-early '40s, and with the exception of some specialized parts like the M1 Garand's gas cylinder stainless didn't come in to wide use in guns until the early '70s. It is likely "in the white" meaning that it has no finish at all over the bare steel, or it is coated with a plating of some sort like electroless nickel or hard chrome. Beautiful wood on that gun, and a very nice piece.

You said it,sir!There is also a peculiar screw above the grip. Seems that the original grip is chopped off and a new stock is attached with a screw trough the frame?

Wayne Smith
05-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Read his other thread. Mark Krause made it, all stainless. Custom one off.

Moleman-
05-03-2017, 01:11 PM
Wow that's a neat broomhandle. I'd like to make one and a artillery luger at some point. That's a huge amount of setup and machining time to make each part.

gwpercle
05-04-2017, 02:12 PM
It's amazing what you can do with a 3-D printer !