PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Turbo 600 Lid

Iowa Fox
05-01-2017, 06:18 PM
I'm gonna take the easy road and ask the experts here what their experience has been.

I have a Turbo 600 I purchased in about 1984 or 5 which came with a salad bowl / shower cap for the bowl cover. Over the years its been going to heck but this year it's done for. I'd like to buy just a clear plastic lid to use on the old bowl from Lyman. On their website they show a 600 lid but its flat in the parts picture. The rubber nut for the bowl sticks up maybe an inch higher than the bowl edges with only a couple threads left. Lyman does make a bowl & lid kit for the 600 but doesn't include any hardware plus I really want just the lid. I know its small but this one is for small batch's of brass. What has you guy's experience been with 600 bowl lids? Thanks guys.

Iowa Fox
05-02-2017, 11:43 PM
Well here's where I'm at. This morning I got an email back from the lyman technical dept. which stated just give customer support a call at the 800 # and they will fix you right up. I thought maybe things have improved since the last time I ordered parts from them. Wrong! I gave her all the dimensions she asked for, when I bought it, and a card #. I'll see what shows up but not holding my breath.

While I was on the phone I thought I might as well order the wire spring on the shut off lever for my Mag 20 which I had the part # for. She quickly informed me that Lyman has discontinued all support for the Mag 20. What?

Iowa Fox
05-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Time to update the lid replacement.

I'm going to give Lyman a good thumbs up report on this one. After the lady found out I was just an easy going old man willing to do my best to help her out she actually became pleasant to work with. I ordered on a Tuesday and Friday the parts were in my mailbox well packaged. They created an invoice via email with a tracking #, also a paper invoice with the parts so shipping communication was good. Between her and I it was a by guess and golly pick of lid for my old bowl. Her's what I got.

one of part# 8094151 -clear micro @ $5.51
one of part# 8094090P - 1/4-20 well nut @ $1.05
Shipping $4.00
Total 10.56

What you will need from the hardware store is some threaded rod at least 6 inches long as the existing one will be to short due to the new domed lid. I got a foot for $0.99 cents and hack sawed it. I used the new nut on top of the bowl and the old one on top of the lid.

The turbo is running as I'm typing this. I like the clear lid as you don't have to turn it off and get into it to check your cleaning progress. The new lid has a nice lip that snaps into the bowl on the ID allowing no crumbs to get out. Its also much quieter the the old salad bowl style cover.