PDA

View Full Version : Lee dies and service

Handloader109
05-01-2017, 06:08 PM
Ordered and received a Lee die ser from our sponsor in the header. Titan.
300 aac blackout. Used it the other day with some jwords trying to find a load for my AR pistol. No cannalure on the bullets. So I used the provided crimp die to try and make sure bullets wouldn't move. Only did a a few to check things out. Shot them and they worked well along with my load. Cycled gun. Great, so I went to load more, and darn, my crimp just isn't working right. Heck, bullet isn't even being touched by die! Pulled it out an it's a 6.5.creed! No Wonder! Emailed Titan Friday afternoon. They in turn emailed Lee. The afternoon, I received email from lee notifying me I had die coming....no charge.
Yep, Lee is a low cost supplier, but high quality customer service! And yep, the decap size die sizes my 223 cutoffs to perfect use in my 300bo. I know some have said they don't like for their gun, but works perfectly well for me! Thanks Titan​ and Lee

keyhole
05-01-2017, 06:20 PM
Glad you had a good experience with Lee customer service. I have a Lee press, molds, and dies but no problems so far. It is good to know that they have a decent customer service dept.

keyhole

No Blue
05-01-2017, 07:53 PM
Yeah, not really inflating the retail prices to cover 'customer service'; like some other companies do....I'm sure warrantee costs are built into all prices of the Lee stuff, just not anywhere as much.

Handloader109
05-01-2017, 08:18 PM
I started with Lee press and dies for 9mm, then added for my .243, and 7.62x39. then I lucked into a dillon 650xl with .223 and 9mm dies. I've one set of Hornady dies for my 22tcm, and 8 bought a set from Lee when they were available as I dont like the Hornady dies. I use the lee press for the 300bo at least till I get loads right on. And for 243 and 223 as they are low volume for me. Some folks frown on Lee, but I've had good use of of mine.

hp246
05-01-2017, 09:53 PM
I had a problem last year with the sprue handle breaking on a bullet mold. I called Lee Customer Service. They didn't even ask where or when I bought it, had a replacement in about a week. I would second the Customer Service is excellent.

Prairie Cowboy
05-02-2017, 09:55 AM
I can't speak to the quality of their service, because I have not had occasion to use it yet.
However, I have used a number of small Lee products over the years with complete satisfaction.
I can't say that I am overly impressed with their aluminum presses like the Challenger and the tiny Reloader press, though I am sure that they serve okay if you don't stress them too much.
The Classic Cast I like very much.
I just bought my first set of Lee reloading dies recently. The other dies in my collection include RCBS and a very nice 25 year old set from Lyman.
Lee dies are made to a price-point, but they certainly are serviceable and well-machined.
I can't say that I am wild about the aluminum lock rings and aluminum screw-in parts on the bullet seater and expanding die, but they will get the job done and last a good long time, I think.