PDA

View Full Version : Psalm 55:22

possom813
04-30-2017, 01:14 AM
"Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."

As I was leaving work, angry with a supervisor over some bullcorn, this popped up on my phone. I'm still not sure how. The only reasoning I can figure is that the google voice thing picked it up somehow.

I clicked on the link and read this, the anger left and an immense feeling of peace overwhelmed me.

Boaz
04-30-2017, 05:06 AM
Thank you for the verse . Our Lord loves us and wants to help us . He will lighten our load if we can lay it down and actually give it to him .

rl69
04-30-2017, 07:25 AM
That's the beauty and the power of the word of God! In this you have demonstrated the importance of reading the word. ( wich I'm sure was your intention ) I can't tell you how many times I've been burdened in some way,and a scripture will pop in my head to help me deal with that burden. It may not always have that instant affect. Sometimes I like to hold on to that burden, expecaly anger

thank you for sharing
Ronnie

square butte
04-30-2017, 07:32 AM
God can show up anywhere - anytime. Even on a cell phone

USMC87
04-30-2017, 07:35 AM
Thanks for posting.

Pine Baron
04-30-2017, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the post, possom. You could easily have ignored or deleted that cell phone message and continued on with your anger, wallowing in the rage (BTDT). Opening your eyes and heart allows God's word every time.

GhostHawk
04-30-2017, 08:18 AM
Peace like a river. It can be an awesome thing.

Dunno about coming up on your phone. But I know the Lord has some Youtube vid's pop up when he wants my attention on something.

I asked for conformation once on something concerning Nibiru and the End Times.

Next time I loaded Youtube there were over 20 video's on the subject.
He can work in mysterious ways.

buckwheatpaul
04-30-2017, 11:45 AM
That is a great testimony....isnt it great when we learn to turn it over to God and how peaceful our lives then become!

Blackwater
04-30-2017, 04:42 PM
The Lord does indeed work in mysterious ways, His wonders to fulfill. Was it the Lord's hand, or happenstance, or some of both combining together? Who knows? The important thing is that it came to you at just the right time.

It's easy to say "yea, yea" in church. It's a lot harder when we're tempted and tested the other days of the week, in this evil and willfulness filled world. But that's when it means the most - it's when we're SUPPOSED to put what we learn on Sundays in actual practice. If we don't put what we know to work, we're a lot like the experienced mason who was finishing a rough ashlar, and got lazy, and said, "That's good enough for now." If that stone is used, it can cause cracks in the wall it's used in, and that crack can cause entire cities to fall into enemy hands, and many lives will be lost as a result of simply not doing what we know HOW to do, but don't use.

It's the same way in life. If we don't USE what we know and understand, because of temperament or undue aggrevation, we're giving in to Satan and error and evil, and this is what we as Christians are SUPPOSED to be dealing with and overcoming! Temptations and incitements abound. But Christ withstood far more than any of us will ever face, and yet, lived a perfect life. It shames me whenever I falter and fail. But all we CAN do, once something is said or done, is just repent and if possible, make reparations and peace. If not, then that memory is a burden we must carry, and a lesson we're supposed to learn from. Being a Christian is NOT easy! We were never promised it would be! PC theology has many believing once they become Christian, it's a done deal, and all temptation and error is forever done with in their lives. Oh but that it might actually BE that way! But it isn't. We Christians probably face many more temptations and trials than the profane, simply because Satan wants us on HIS team, instead of the Lord's. Thus, he works all the harder on us than on those who are already in his stable. How could it be otherwise???

Remember Job? There's a lesson in that story, and some others as well. We do NOT become "angels" until we shed these mortal and temptable bodies. Until then, it'll always be a struggle, and Satan never gives up on any of us. He's determined to take everyone down with him, when his time comes, that he can possibly take away from the Lord's flock. And he is VERY resourceful and deceptive! We need to mind this little tidbit of knowledge daily, to a larger degree than any of us is probably capable of doing consistently. But that's why Christ provided us with confession, repentance, and redemption. He really had it all figured out before even the Big Bang. What an awesome God we serve!