PDA

View Full Version : Tore my pot to pieces

nun2kute
04-29-2017, 03:12 PM
The original issue was the guide bolt on top of the pot for the pour handle came loose, and I couldn't get it to tighten up again. So I tore it to pieces to try and fix it, and I found that it is screwed into an aluminum extrusion. I have two ideas to fix this problem, but I fear they are both just temporary fixes. Thought maybe I could squich the extrusion at the point of screw contact just enough to get some good thread contact, OR I could swap that piece of extrusion for the other one that comes loose when you tare everything apart, and gain some thread material that way.

I have bin wanting to take it apart and clean it up a little anyway, but before I start to put it back together, I was hoping you could fix it for me. Or should I just order a new part from Lee ?

Got any good Ideas ?

OS OK
04-29-2017, 03:16 PM
If your talking of the sheet metal screw with the shoulder on it...I had the same deal.
I mixed some JB Weld and coated the threads on the screw, just filled in-between the threads some to fatten the body of the screw...carefully put it back in the next day and have been good to go since. Don't over tighten it.

Strtspdlx
04-29-2017, 08:45 PM
I took a 22 case and cut the rim off then split it length wise, rolled it up enough to fit in the thread area and jammed it in. I may have cut a little bit of the width off to make it fit. Once in the hole I opened up the center to with an awl allow the screw to start an put it back together. The screw still occasionally comes loose but I have no problem tightening it again.

slim1836
04-29-2017, 09:15 PM
I took a wire and stuck it in the hole, put the screw back in, and never looked back.

Slim

Bzcraig
04-29-2017, 11:43 PM
I contact Lee and they send me a repair kit and it worked! My pot was 4 years old btw.

nun2kute
04-30-2017, 05:01 PM
Thanks Fella's, Have a wonderful weekend !