PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got My Herter's Model"0" Super Press!

seagiant
04-26-2017, 03:54 PM
Hi,
Well after literally YEARS of looking and chasing finally got a Herter's "0" Super Press!

Had run into a few but did not either like the condition or the price.

This one does not have the original handle but it will be easy to make on my lathe...

As it is only a 1/2" round bar with a black plastic ball on the end!

I now have MOST of the bigger type presses, not including the big Hollywoods!!!

gwpercle
04-26-2017, 05:21 PM
SWEET ! Nice find , give us the story on how you found it.
I'm a sucker for Herter's , when I started loading no internet, amazon or midway...you mail ordered it from Herter's ...bullet moulds, dies , plastic ammo boxes shell holders, powder , primers.
That press is listed as the Herter's Model "O" Super Maximum Power Reloading Tool, in 1968 it sold for the whopping price of $29.95.... Now that's twice the price of their other single station presses.
The 6 other models sold for between $12.00 to $15.00....the Super "O" was the top dog !
I bet at thirty bucks they didn't sell a lot....mine was the $12.95 model.
Congratulations on the Herter's Haul, post a few more photo's of that bad boy !
Gary

TNsailorman
04-26-2017, 06:52 PM
gwpercle, I cut my teeth so to speak on Herter's equipment in the early 50's when I started duck hunting with Dad and uncles, and older cousins. We bought the old Herter's duck decoys for our use. Dad and uncles would order ty flying supplies(polar bear hair, feathers, fly tying jigs, hooks, and head molds, etc. ) and we would ty our own flies. I caught many a fish with the flies we tied. There's just something special about catching fish with your own homemade gear. We had old catalogs that had reloading ammunition reloading tools in them but we never started reloading till the late 50's to early 60's. Herter's made some really good stuff back then.

Seagiant, glad to see you found one of those old "O" presses and in such great condition. I saw pictures of them in the day but never saw one up close and personal. It looks like it is a heavy press. Did you see that 3 stage Texan that sold on Ebay over the weekend? I did not know that Texan made a 3 stage press. It looked like the C&H 333 but wider and taller and looked heavier. james

seagiant
04-26-2017, 07:16 PM
Hi,
The "O" press from Herters is actually hard to find!

I have let 2 go because of price in as many years!

MOST owners are VERY proud of them when they decide to sale!

I found this on the Bay and it is in transit.

The owner only took a couple of crummy pics but I will take more and post when I get it!

What is interesting to me is this is NOT a compound linkage only a single but is built like a Russian Tank (T-34?)

The late Swagerman from this forum actually used one to swage with?

I guess that tells a tale!

Here is a pic of one with an original handle.

As you can see it is easy to make on a lathe!

LUBEDUDE
04-26-2017, 07:29 PM
Congrats SG! Sure looks nice.

I overpaid dearly for mine many years ago. While I was bidding on mine with no other bidders some "nice" member posted a "look what's for sale on eBay" thread. After many posts praising the press, all of a sudden everybody and their brother was bidding on it. I stuck to my guns since I had been searching for one for a long time. (I can't even begin to tell how many times this scenario has happened to me on this site.)

Funny thing was, about 6 months later another one came up for auction and sold for less than half of what mine did. Of course, Mr Bigmouth never alerted the community to that sale.

castalott
04-26-2017, 07:37 PM
wow... I never knew such a thing existed. Looks very heavy duty. I can see your interest in it.

But I guess the more things change..the more they stay the same. The 'compound linkage' on that press looks like all the newest and greatest linkages today!

seagiant
04-26-2017, 08:13 PM
wow... I never knew such a thing existed. Looks very heavy duty. I can see your interest in it.

But I guess the more things change..the more they stay the same. The 'compound linkage' on that press looks like all the newest and greatest linkages today!

Hi,
Thanks Lube!

Hope it makes the journey ok!

I'll stick my neck out and say it's the heaviest, biggest, SINGLE leverage press ever made????

The ram looks like it is 1.5" round?

Never saw one before, but will post more info, and pics when I get it!

Castalott, it is a single leverage, the Compound usually has 2 arms to support it!

Admittedly it does have part of the casting on each side that looks pretty hefty!

Pressman
04-26-2017, 08:58 PM
Seagiant, The handle is 14" long, 5/8" rod. Standard threads. You can get a ball from RCBS, I think.

As long as you have to make a handle, make two. Keep one original and bend the other one. AT 4 inches from the block bend the handle enough to stand past vertical. This does two things, it makes the press easier to use, and it keeps the handle up without using a tie strap.

If you take it apart be careful with the roller bearing where the link attaches to the ram. You can have fun experimenting with leverage and stroke, there are 4 settings. Too many choices.

Also, check the bottom of the mount to make sure it is completely flat before really tightening the bolts to the bench. If it is not you will have to shim it with washers.

And congratulations on getting a great piece of reloading tool history.

Ken

seagiant
04-26-2017, 10:12 PM
Seagiant, The handle is 14" long, 5/8" rod. Standard threads. You can get a ball from RCBS, I think.

As long as you have to make a handle, make two. Keep one original and bend the other one. AT 4 inches from the block bend the handle enough to stand past vertical. This does two things, it makes the press easier to use, and it keeps the handle up without using a tie strap.

If you take it apart be careful with the roller bearing where the link attaches to the ram. You can have fun experimenting with leverage and stroke, there are 4 settings. Too many choices.

Also, check the bottom of the mount to make sure it is completely flat before really tightening the bolts to the bench. If it is not you will have to shim it with washers.

Ken

Hi,
Thanks for the info Pressman!!!!

I'm actually nervous waiting on this!

The Seller had it up for "buy it now" at $88 with $22 shipping...

I took him up on it!

I knew it didn't have the original handle,but didn't care as it's easily made!

This press HAS to be smooth with regular reloading!!!

SARuger
04-26-2017, 10:22 PM
That's very nice! Great find!

Iowa Fox
04-26-2017, 10:48 PM
Nice find seagiant. When I was about 8 or 10 years old my parents would go visit friends, as was done in the day, dragging me and my younger brothers along. I can remember walking in some of the homes and the lady had about 8 million pairs of salt & pepper shakers every place you looked. On the way home we boys would be in the back seat laughing our butts off about salt & pepper shakers every place. I'm such a sucker for reloading stuff I'm starting to feel like one of those old lady salt & pepper shaker ladies.

seagiant
04-27-2017, 06:22 AM
Nice find seagiant. When I was about 8 or 10 years old my parents would go visit friends, as was done in the day, dragging me and my younger brothers along. I can remember walking in some of the homes and the lady had about 8 million pairs of salt & pepper shakers every place you looked. On the way home we boys would be in the back seat laughing our butts off about salt & pepper shakers every place. I'm such a sucker for reloading stuff I'm starting to feel like one of those old lady salt & pepper shaker ladies.

Hi,
I've tried to get at least one of the bigger,stout, presses that were ever made!

I've been pretty successful over the years bidding my time and waiting for a good or fair deal?

Some I probably paid top price as they were hard to find and going up in value everyday!

I now need to build some shelves to hold my presses as the reload bench is getting to crowded for work! Ha!

Isaac
04-27-2017, 02:47 PM
Good for you, Seagiant. This is the first time I have seen one of those. It is now on my list of presses to have. :p

What a monster.

Isaac

gwpercle
04-29-2017, 01:44 PM
Awesome...will be looking for photo's when you get it.
Gary

seagiant
04-29-2017, 04:49 PM
Hi,
Thanks!

Here is a pic of the late Swagerman's, Herter's Model "O" Super....

Used for swaging!!!

Click on the pic and look at the size of the ram!!!

No Blue
05-01-2017, 07:49 PM
No compound linkage on a press that size?? Did they even have compound on other presses 50+ years ago? I keep reading the green presses had it first, but don't know for sure.

seagiant
05-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Hi,
I think maybe "Compound Linkage" is a tricky question.

This does not have 2 bars on each side like a RCBS Rockchucker,BUT....

It has 2 cast iron colums going down each side to support the pivot pin and pivot block?

As I said the above pic is one set up to SWAGE bullets!

Maybe "Pressman" can give a little insight on just what qualifies for, "Compound Leverage"???

Pressman
05-01-2017, 11:34 PM
Think RCBS for compound linkage. It is s fully variable pressure through the entire stroke.
Pacific, Herter's and everyone else has a simple 4 to 1 leverage, Hollywood too.

RCBS invented the swing link handle and block in 1945, they got it patented in 1952 and that kept the competition from coping them. They could have paid royalties but chose not to.

That left shortening the stroke to get more leverage for swaging, and then the difference in minimal.
Ken

seagiant
05-02-2017, 03:44 PM
Think RCBS for compound linkage. It is s fully variable pressure through the entire stroke.
Pacific, Herter's and everyone else has a simple 4 to 1 leverage, Hollywood too.

RCBS invented the swing link handle and block in 1945, they got it patented in 1952 and that kept the competition from coping them. They could have paid royalties but chose not to.

That left shortening the stroke to get more leverage for swaging, and then the difference in minimal.
Ken

Hi,
Thanks Pressman!

Interesting!!!

I admit, I never knew the real story on that, or just what qualified for....

Compound leverage!

seagiant
05-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Hi,
WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!

Pictures do not do this press justice!

I almost got a hernia, carrying it in!

I KNOW I got a deal on this even at having to make a new handle for it!

I wiped it down a little and took some pics!

This press HAD to be made to swage with???

If anyone has an old Herter's Catalog and can see what they say about this press, I would be interested!

It has some of the best, solid, machining, I've seen on a press!

My favorite presses are the RCBS A2, and the CH Champion, but this press weighs more than those and can run with them!!!

Ram is very smooth and at 1.5" dia. stout!

Will have to buy the converter for the shellholder!

LUBEDUDE
05-02-2017, 08:06 PM
In that old thread back when I bought mine, one dude had what looked like a 3-4 foot cheater bar on his. I don't remember for sure, but assume it was for swaging.

seagiant
05-03-2017, 05:58 AM
In that old thread back when I bought mine, one dude had what looked like a 3-4 foot cheater bar on his. I don't remember for sure, but assume it was for swaging.

Hi,
Well, I wouldn't do that!

But, the linkage is pretty stout it's self and as Pressman says there are holes to set the pivot pins in different configerations....

Depending on what you are doing?

I would be interested in seeing the product description, in the Herter's Catalog, for this press???

I heard it was their most expensive press?

Pressman
05-03-2017, 06:36 AM
I hope someone can get that description for Seagiant. I am leaving for the rest of the week, National Studebaker convention in South Bend, IN. I have what he is asking but no time to scan and post it this morning.
Ken

LUBEDUDE
05-03-2017, 10:15 AM
Also, after man handling 50 pound Hollywood Universals and a 50 pound Super Turret, and the gonad blowing :veryconfu 100 pound Hollywood Automatic Shotgun Presses; I never even considered the weight of my Super O. :D

LUBEDUDE
05-03-2017, 10:23 AM
I'll dig up my Herter's catalogs and see what I can find.

seagiant
05-03-2017, 11:30 AM
Also, after man handling 50 pound Hollywood Universals and a 50 pound Super Turret, and the gonad blowing :veryconfu 100 pound Hollywood Automatic Shotgun Presses; I never even considered the weight of my Super O. :D

Hi,
Never thought of that but it has to be the heaviest press I own and.....

I've got most of the single stage "Big Boys"!!!

Thanks on the Herter's Catalog look!

LUBEDUDE
05-03-2017, 01:06 PM
The Herter's catalog says you can swage the toughest Bullets with two fingers as well as the toughest rifle brass.

In fact, it said you can swage with their #3, U press, modified O (the full U press), and even their manual Turret press, the 234.

The gave a 90 day guarantee with shipping if dissatisfied.

The published weight on the Super O is 32 pounds!

The linkage block can be flipped over for an upward pull for those folks sold on "ridiculous claims" from competitors that an upward pull is superior to a downward.

The linkage can be adjusted for a throw as short as 2.5 inches for swaging.

seagiant
05-03-2017, 03:39 PM
Hi,
Thanks Lube!

I was wondering if they hyped this press AS a swaging press!

Have you taken yours apart yet?

Pressman, says there is a bearing (caged?) to look out for?

Admittedly, that will be the first time I've seen a "bearing" in a press?

LUBEDUDE
05-03-2017, 06:32 PM
Hey SG, my press was in excellent shape when it arrived so I did not take it apart.

I mounted it on the bench with a little oil here and there, then loaded a few batches of pistol ammo. Overkill I know, but it was still enjoyable. :)

seagiant
05-03-2017, 10:18 PM
Hey SG, my press was in excellent shape when it arrived so I did not take it apart.

I mounted it on the bench with a little oil here and there, then loaded a few batches of pistol ammo. Overkill I know, but it was still enjoyable. :)

Hi,
Thanks, I'm probably going to pull mine apart and paint it.

I'm going over it now and filing off all the casting nibs and cleaning it up.

I will leave the original powder coat where I can and then just put on a color coat with Rustoleum!

Probably go a "gunmetal" or dark machine type color.

Never was a fan of that "Herter's Brown" paint, I guess!

Pressman
05-04-2017, 06:25 AM
Seagiant, a word of caution, that press has a rising collector value, re painting will cut it in half.

And Good Morning from the Auburn, Cord and Duesenburg museum. Old cars are almost as cool as old reloading tools.
Ken

seagiant
05-04-2017, 11:13 AM
Seagiant, a word of caution, that press has a rising collector value, re painting will cut it in half.

And Good Morning from the Auburn, Cord and Duesenburg museum. Old cars are almost as cool as old reloading tools.
Ken

Hi,
Thanks Pressman!

I think the collector value on this press went out the window when they lost the original handle!

I bought it for a working press and even though I can make a OEM looking handle....

I would not sale it that way with out full disclosure!

You are no doubt right though, it took me years to find one, for a decent price!

EDG
05-05-2017, 12:37 PM
The upstroke linkage seats primers on the down stroke. This is much a much superior set up than trying to seat primers pulling up on the handle.

The Herter's catalog says you can swage the toughest Bullets with two fingers as well as the toughest rifle brass.

In fact, it said you can swage with their #3, U press, modified O (the full U press), and even their manual Turret press, the 234.

The gave a 90 day guarantee with shipping if dissatisfied.

The published weight on the Super O is 32 pounds!

The linkage block can be flipped over for an upward pull for those folks sold on "ridiculous claims" from competitors that an upward pull is superior to a downward.

The linkage can be adjusted for a throw as short as 2.5 inches for swaging.

danomano
05-05-2017, 01:41 PM
My father in-law has one of these. Its a work horse! We have swaged with it. We used the herters half jacket dies, I think 357 or 44. worked just fine!

seagiant
05-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Hi,
Well....Taking Pressman at his word...

When I tore this press apart I checked a few things out!

As I said, I have most of the Big Boys in single stage presses...

I have seen olite sheave bearings before which is nothing but a well machined "sleeve".

I've never seen actual "needle bearing's" until today!

They will get cleaned and greased!

Really nice workmanship on this press as I said before!!!

I also checked out the bottom of the mounting plate, and as cautioned it was high in the middle by almost an 1/8"!

Here are some pics, I ground, then filed, and sanded the bottom of the mounting plate after taking this pic for those wondering?

Thanks for the heads up, Pressman!!!

LUBEDUDE
05-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Those bearings look impressive indeed.

My base is rough and untrue as well. When I mounted my press I placed neoprene under the base since it was a temp job. If I do remount it, I will grind the base like you did.

flashhole
05-07-2017, 06:22 PM
Very nice. Please post a pic of the finished product.

starmac
10-11-2017, 06:09 PM
I didn't realize these were hard to come by. I guess I got lucky with mine, which by the way is mounted and in use to this day. lol

I was not even looking for a press, but bullshop had it for sale when he was leaving Alaska, and since I like heavy old iron it along with a box full of herters shell holders and a universal adapter came home with me, apparently at a good price.

It was in excellent shape and is still smooth as glass, so I have never taken it apart, and the brown looks fine mounted between the green one and the black one. lol

salpal48
10-15-2017, 08:04 AM
I also Have aSuper O mounted . I find it to do any Task . The only Draw back For Myself is That since I stand while loading My Bench are 41" in height . and the length of swing on the handle causes me to bend below the table to reach max pressure. also I could never understand why Herters designed a massive press with the bulk of the weight off the table edge.
Comparing Other heavy machines. for Swaging . The Lachmiller 400 Is my go to press. and I feel a better choice
Sal

charles1990
10-16-2017, 01:04 AM
Those are hard to find as the "Goodfellas" bought them to weigh down stiffs in Soldiers' Field.

Green Frog
10-16-2017, 08:20 AM
I found my first one nearly 30 years ago... one of my shooting buddies got it in a bulk buy of an estate, IIRC and I paid him about $20 or less for it. Another friend, the late Jerry ("Jake") Simmons (he of re- and decapper fame) opined that he needed one since he had broken his Rockchucker. I found him one at a gun show soon thereafter and traded it to him for another of his re- & de's. I paid probably $25 or less for that one, but he was glad to trade me one of his units he made himself ( and sold for about $100) to have it in hand. My original is on loan now ,but it is still mine when I need it. 8-)

Froggie

William Yanda
10-16-2017, 09:05 AM

Hey, you're talking about my mom!

abunaitoo
10-19-2017, 11:17 PM
That is a solid looking press.
I'm sure pictures don't do it justice.

abunaitoo
10-19-2017, 11:20 PM
Hi,
WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!

Pictures do not do this press justice!

I almost got a hernia, carrying it in!

I KNOW I got a deal on this even at having to make a new handle for it!

I wiped it down a little and took some pics!

This press HAD to be made to swage with???

If anyone has an old Herter's Catalog and can see what they say about this press, I would be interested!

It has some of the best, solid, machining, I've seen on a press!

My favorite presses are the RCBS A2, and the CH Champion, but this press weighs more than those and can run with them!!!

Ram is very smooth and at 1.5" dia. stout!

Will have to buy the converter for the shellholder!

Still looking for the shell holder converter????
If it's the same as for the Herters Turret press, I have an extra one.

agentwolf
11-26-2019, 05:30 PM

Ken

Do you have any documentation or possibly an illustration(s) on the "4 settings" of the Model-0-Super?

Pressman
11-26-2019, 09:00 PM
I will have to check for instructions. I think I have them. Basically there are 4 combinations of locating the pivot pins with the block and ram.

Ken

Rick459
11-27-2019, 06:15 PM
i also have a Model-O-Super in bought last year. i also mounted it on a quick change plate for the inline fabrications press mount. mine came with a bent handle so by accident i tried handles from my other presses and lord and behold the handle from my RC II threaded in perfect. so i called RCBS and purchased a replacement handle foe $20.00 and their replacement handle in 4" longer than the stock RC II handle which works out well when i swage with it. so far i have only found 2 positions for the linkage pin so the information from Pressman will be much appreciated. how does one post pictures here?
Rick

Pressman
11-27-2019, 07:47 PM
Rick, there are two holes in the block and two holes in the top of the link. Herter's didn't write instructions on how to use this press or how to determine which two holes to use.

I have some file confusion, I cannot find the file with all the dates for the various presses, the history of all the presses and a scanned copy of the general press instructions. This is what happens when moving between computers too many times.

Rick459
11-27-2019, 10:10 PM
Thanks Pressman, Thanks agentwolf, hopefully i will figure out the setup configurations.
Rick

Rick459
12-07-2019, 10:16 PM
here are some photo's of my super O mounted on the inline fabrications press mount using the quick change plate system. I found a hole on the right side of the press and realised it is the spent primer chute forgot how heavy this press is compared to the U3 and almost sprained myself. the swage die on the press is the herters .357 flute swage die. right now the ram is in the swage position. still trying to figure out the other settings. does not seem to be used much. only thing I don't like is because of the roller bearings and not enough friction on the ram the handle won't stay up. works well for swageing.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191208/fc65dfdf26e6e94dbe3ac37453518073.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191208/59a4ad0998f83a13b3b1a9c603293699.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191208/c23a5c44fc6099f002954224e594155d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191208/708fc7c8886c019cfa68e6b35256d006.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191208/58223f109808ede62a601b9c17753b4a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191208/1b43e0e8af75301556d01c98062a327e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191208/9b2066029f766b875bd7864a151e7761.jpg

Rick459
12-08-2019, 07:49 PM
your right about that as my problem now with this set-up is when put into normal reloading mode the little foot of the linkage will hit the accessory tray at the bottom of the press stand and you can not lower the ram all the way down. in swage mode no problem. so I will have to cut a little notch out of the tray for clearance. makes wonder if you mount it on a bench it will have to be open at bottom like a regular table to use the regular reloading mode.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191208/5d72f4c64c5962517eaeb55aafe58aaf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Pressman
12-08-2019, 08:38 PM
I had mine mounted on a 3/4" board that slides, bread board fashion, into the front of the bench and never had a problem.

On way to cure the floppy handle is have another one made and put a bend in it about 3 inches up from the block. Bend it enough so that it is past vertical in the up position. The handle will not drop unless bumped.

rbuck351
10-15-2020, 08:40 PM
So, what would be the approximate price for one of these?

Rick459
11-25-2020, 02:02 AM
i was able to purchase mine for $175.00 on ebay only because it had a bent handle. never try to do any swaging with the handle set for reloading cartridges because you can not set the swage to grab enough threads without stripping the threads. as of now i am looking for a local machine shop to drill and tap the orignal hole so i can fit a 1 1/2"x12 steel bushing like the RCBS uses.

rbuck351
11-25-2020, 12:12 PM
I picked up one at an auction recently for about $150. It came with two shell holders and an adapter for std shell holders as well as a primer catcher that looks original. It also has two Herters loading dies in 270 and 300 win. There is one outer housing set and inner dies for fl sizing, neck sizing and bullet seating both 270 and 300 win.
After trying 2 different pin settings, it's easy to see it switches the length of the ram movement while retaining the full handle movement thus creating a lot more pressure at a swage die.
Mine is also not flat on the bottom but I will be fixing that.

gwpercle
11-25-2020, 09:00 PM
I picked up one at an auction recently for about $150. It came with two shell holders and an adapter for std shell holders as well as a primer catcher that looks original. It also has two Herters loading dies in 270 and 300 win. There is one outer housing set and inner dies for fl sizing, neck sizing and bullet seating both 270 and 300 win.
After trying 2 different pin settings, it's easy to see it switches the length of the ram movement while retaining the full handle movement thus creating a lot more pressure at a swage die.
Mine is also not flat on the bottom but I will be fixing that.

Can you post some photo's , I enjoy seeing these old Monster Presses !
Congratulations on your nice score , sounds like you did good !
Gary

Photog
03-14-2021, 01:45 PM
I just picked up a Super-O- press with the primer attachment and about 10 shell holders for $60. So the deals are still out there! The ting is a tank! It will replace my Lee single stage on the bench.
So the presses I have now:
Hornady LNL AP (favorite)
RCBS Jr single stage (favorite single stage)
Lee Single stage O press (worn out now, loose and wobbly ram, only lasted 7500 cycles)
Dillon XL650 (sits idle in the garage, the Honrnady is much more elegant and reliable)
Lee 12g press (on a 2x6 for quik mount to the bench when needed, which is not often)
Herters Super O (will try it out this weekend.

GONRA
03-14-2021, 02:49 PM
GONRA wonders if seagiant hasa Dave Cumberland "Rock Crusher"
or CH4D licensed copy in his collection?
My "Rock Crusher" easily resizes Chicom LCS 14.5x114mm Soviet "brass".
(CH4D dies, STP Oil Treatment case lube.)
Assuming my "Rock Crusher" is typical, be prepared to touch it up a bit (like HF Lathes.)
Assume the CH4D copy is First Class machining. BUT have no experience.
ANYWAY - its a wonderful Huge Press!!!

Scrounge
03-14-2021, 02:53 PM
Hi,
Well after literally YEARS of looking and chasing finally got a Herter's "0" Super Press!

Had run into a few but did not either like the condition or the price.

This one does not have the original handle but it will be easy to make on my lathe...

As it is only a 1/2" round bar with a black plastic ball on the end!

I now have MOST of the bigger type presses, not including the big Hollywoods!!!

You lucky.... I have lusted in my heart after a Herter's press since I learned to reload "helping" my dad, as a kid, somewhere between 55&60 years ago. No such luck so far, though I have managed several sets of Herter's reloading dies in the last few years Enjoy using it, and know that at least one person's eyes are green with envy! ;)

richhodg66
03-17-2021, 05:25 AM
There is one on Ebay right now for a fairly low bid with a day and a half left to go. Someone painted it yellow, but otherwise appears useable.

richhodg66
03-18-2021, 07:19 PM
The one I mentioned went for $103.51 plus $22 shipping. Wouldn't have been good as a collector, but for someone wanting to use it. I was surprised it didn't get bid up higher.