PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Customer Service

Greg G.
04-26-2017, 11:07 AM
I have a RCBS hand priming tool, the one with the universal shell holder. I told RCBS that I needed to order the plastic blocks as the ones that came with it are completely worn out. They said that they were sending me new ones, no charge. I would have paid for them, I wore them out fair and square, but no they are free. Very happy I am.:-)

Bayou52
04-26-2017, 01:12 PM
^^^^ Very typical of the stellar RCBS customer service. It's a no BS, no docs, no questions asked CS. All companies should take note of this business model and similarly stand behind their products....

Bayou52

Blackdog
04-30-2017, 03:34 PM
I have read mixed reviews on the RCBS hand primer. Having worn out the blocks, you seem to have used it a lot. What is you overall opinion? Not having to change shellholders is a major selling point, IMO.

Prairie Cowboy
05-01-2017, 11:11 AM
Sorry, but my experience with RCBS has been extremely negative so far.

I contacted them on April 4th, 18th, and today May 1st to get parts for an RCBS press.
They promised to sent them right away.

On April 18th, they told me that the parts had not been sent (for reasons unknown?) and that they promised that they would ship them that day, on the 18th.

Today, May 1st, I was unable to even reach a customer service rep to ask what was going on.
Instead, the call was intercepted after 20 minutes on hold, and I was told that they would call back in 24 hours or less.

Even after I spoke to a supervisor, I got nowhere. No referral to anyone who could help. Nothing.
Just wait for a callback in 24 hours or less. Take it or leave it.

Pretty terrible service in my opinion.

poacherjo
05-01-2017, 11:40 AM
I have dealt with them several times and if you dial the direct number you don't go through the question and answer BS from the 800 number but last week I was on hold for 10 minutes and hung up. But I am not in a hurry and they do honor the product so I will try again maybe earlier in the day.

Prairie Cowboy
05-01-2017, 11:49 AM
I have dealt with them several times and if you dial the direct number you don't go through the question and answer BS from the 800 number but last week I was on hold for 10 minutes and hung up. But I am not in a hurry and they do honor the product so I will try again maybe earlier in the day.

What is that direct number? I wasn't able to locate it on the website.

Thanks.

mold maker
05-01-2017, 12:44 PM
I've read that they are going through somewhat of a reorganization. There are probably going to be some policy changes. Hopefully there will still be the NO BS warranty we are accustomed to. I suspicion the bean counters are busy.

Greg G.
05-01-2017, 12:46 PM
I have read mixed reviews on the RCBS hand primer. Having worn out the blocks, you seem to have used it a lot. What is you overall opinion? Not having to change shellholders is a major selling point, IMO.

Used it quite a bit mostly the Small primer block. I like it but it is a pain when the block is worn, might have been part me when i first got it I might not have had the block in all the way which could have contributed to the prematurely worn out block.

TexasGrunt
05-01-2017, 01:12 PM
Monday is always a bad day to call. I try and NEVER call customer service on Monday. If I have to I wait till later in their day.

NoAngel
05-01-2017, 01:18 PM
I bought a set of 223 dies second hand on this site. They're the older style. I broke the decapping pin and cratered the whole expander on an off center flash hole.

Tried to order replacement parts but the lady refused to take money. Sent all new guts to the die and 6 new decapping pins. I told her they were second hand and she said we warranty "The Product". Don't mean anything to us who owns them.

Wow. Other companies should take some notes.

TNsailorman
05-01-2017, 03:29 PM
Monday or even Friday can be a bad time to call companies for service, especially those companies that have a electronic messaging center. Calls usually are usually in a long "que" line. I have waited as long as 30 minutes a time or two. I don't think I have ever waited over 10 minutes with RCBS and never over 5 minutes with Redding. Hate to hear that maybe RCBS is slipping on their customer service. I hope you experience is not a glimpse of the future for RCBS. My experience with them has always been excellent service and quick. james

Prairie Cowboy
05-01-2017, 04:47 PM
Monday or even Friday can be a bad time to call companies for service, especially those companies that have a electronic messaging center. Calls usually are usually in a long "que" line. I have waited as long as 30 minutes a time or two. I don't think I have ever waited over 10 minutes with RCBS and never over 5 minutes with Redding. Hate to hear that maybe RCBS is slipping on their customer service. I hope you experience is not a glimpse of the future for RCBS. My experience with them has always been excellent service and quick. james

You're probably right about Mondays and Fridays.

I just find it frustrating that even after my call was transferred to a supervisor, that no information could be provided to me, and that nobody called me back as promised. Maybe tomorrow.

Harter66
05-01-2017, 05:30 PM
I suspect that the Reorganizing has to do with the flooding in Oroville CA . That's where Huntington's is and they make all of the dies and I believe other tooling work .

Shawlerbrook
05-01-2017, 05:42 PM
This is the way they roll. RCBS is usually my first choice.

L Erie Caster
05-01-2017, 10:35 PM
I have not always been happy with what I received as new in the box from RCBS, but I have always been extremely pleased with customer service’s ability to make it right.

Prairie Cowboy
05-02-2017, 08:50 AM
Well, an update on my frustration in attempting to reach RCBS Customer Service.
I don't know what's going on there, but I can not reach anyone.
I called in promptly at 7:00 AM Central time, when Customer Service lines open, hoping to beat the deluge.

After 10 minutes, a person calling herself a supervisor, intercepted my call and said that there was nobody there in the technical department yet. ??

As with yesterday, I was told that a supervisor would have to call me back.
I have little hope that this will happen, because they never called me as they promised to yesterday.

Just to summarize the situation:

April 4th - Phoned Cust. Service, was promised warranty parts would be sent right away.
April 18th - No parts received. Phoned Cust. Service, was again promised parts would be sent
that same day.
May 1st - No parts received. Phoned Cust. Service, on hold 30 minutes, was unable to reach
anyone. A Supervisor (?) intercepted the call and said that someone would have to
call me back. (No other options, basically take it or leave it.)
May 2nd - Phoned Cust. Service promptly at 7 AM. Waited 10 minutes on hold. Call intercepted
by another Supervisor, who again said someone would have to call me back, because
nobody was there to help me. (Again, no options. Take it or leave it.)

So, almost a month and no parts received, don't know if they are going to be sent, can't reach anyone to tell me anything, and promises to return calls are not happening.

I should point out also that I called their direct line as well, and only got a recorded message.

Prairie Cowboy
05-02-2017, 09:16 AM
Well, finally reached the technical department at RCBS.

I suspect that my previous calls got me fast-tracked finally.

The parts that I ordered were not shipped on April 18th, as promised, but were finally shipped on April 26th.

This, after a process beginning on April 4th. (See previous posts)

So, lessons learned:

1) Don't call on Mondays.
2) Don't call early in the morning.
3) Do follow up to make sure that your parts were actually sent.
4) Don't believe anyone will actually return a call. (LOL)
5) In my case, learn to be a little more patient.

Update: Did finally get a call back from a supervisor this morning, so I guess that calls do get returned sometimes. Yesterday, being Monday, must have been a bad day.

Note to Self: Trust in Lesson #5.