PDA

View Full Version : It Was .58 caliber Fun

Eddie2002
04-21-2017, 08:14 PM
Finally got to shoot the Navy Arms .58 caliber Buffalo hunter I picked up last month. Only had a short half hour at my buddy's 50 yard outdoor range but was able to hit a 8 inch steel four out of five shots while leaning against a pine tree. The first shot was a flinch but the other 4 gave about a six inch group. Nothing to really brag about but at least it shoots straight.
The load was a 320 minie ball with 50/50 beeswax, olive oil lube in the groves over 45 grains of 3f black powder. Don't know what mold the minie balls came from, they were included with the gun. It didn't have much recoil with that load but had a nice loud boom. My buddy hit a steel with his first shot and we both had fun. :)
Didn't have time for pictures, just shooting.

RogerDat
04-21-2017, 08:52 PM
I recently got to fire a zouve ML in that caliber, and the large bore are a hoot to shoot. Bet it rang the steel with some authority.

Skunk1
04-21-2017, 09:09 PM
I'm finding out the smile on my daughters face is worth everything I put into it. She enjoys it and that puts me all in. Can't lie, puts a smile on my face too. Crisp bang, big smoke and hitting the target with a round ball!! Priceless.

stubshaft
04-22-2017, 12:55 PM
Them .58 minies can be a lot of fun to shoot.