PDA

View Full Version : my uberti cattleman colt

johnson1942
04-20-2017, 05:25 PM
sent my cylinder to DOUG GUY and he made all the exit holes the same size and so they would pass a 451 bullet through them with ease. also tapered the cartridge side a tiny bit so the fired shell fall out with ease. i redid the forcing cone my self as i have the cutter and pilot (11 degree). got the cylinder back to day and leaning up against a big old round bale and shooting at a piece of old tin barn siding i kept all 6 in one hole the hole was the size of a quarter with no fliers. before i sent the cylinder the DOUG GUY the group was the size of an old silver dollar with one cylinder shooting 2 inches low. if you want your revolver to shoot boring tight groups have DOUG GUY do a cylinder and forcing cone job on it. he doesnt break the bank either. thanks DOUG.

jim147
04-20-2017, 09:20 PM
Sounds nice I did the action on mine several years ago and it is smooth but haven't had the cylinder done yet. I've never been much to let someone touch my vehicles or my guns but some things just cost to much to do yourself.

Bzcraig
04-21-2017, 12:28 AM
DougGuy is the man for revolver work!

Wayne Smith
04-21-2017, 03:40 PM
And semi auto work. He reamed the chambers of my .45's and did the muzzles as well. The question of improved accuracy assumes I'm capable, but they both feed my cast boolits, and that was the initial goal.