PDA

View Full Version : Glock bullged case's ?

BACKTOSHOOTING
04-19-2017, 04:38 PM
I started loading for a Glock 22, 40 s&w and i have cases that wont fit the throat in a KKM barrel.

Will a Lee bulge buster help with my problem to get those cases to fit and if so can i size them with primers in already ?

Thank's, Steve

Outpost75
04-19-2017, 04:44 PM
Better to heave the cases in the scrap bin and start over.

Once brass has been expanded past its elastic limits you work harden the case head by forcing it down to fit.
If the barrel doesn't adequately support the case head, you are then setting yourself up for a KABOOM~!

Boolit_Head
04-19-2017, 04:56 PM
Common with cases fired in the Glock barrel on the 40's. The bulge buster will iron them out.

Soundguy
04-19-2017, 05:07 PM
Agreed on the bulge buster.

David2011
04-19-2017, 08:59 PM
I run every .40 case I've shot for about 10 years through a Case Master Jr. which does the same as the Bulge Buster. I only run each case through it once and then mark my brass with a Sharpie so I know it's mine and it's already been push through sized. Any unmarked range pickups get the push through treatment because the STI won't chamber bulged brass. If reloaded enough times all .40 brass will split but I've never seen the Glock Bulge area split on one. The side of the case above the web splits in my gun. Absolutely nothing bad happens when they split. The Loads are all USPSA Major.

David