PDA

View Full Version : Shooting yesterday and scope issues.

44man
04-19-2017, 09:48 AM
Friend with his Savage 30-06 with my 187 gr boolit. I shot my 7R Wichita pistol to check loads. Not cast in it. He started good but things went bad soon. He lays his hand on the scope and felt it move. Came loose, just rings, scope is mounted at the factory, package deal. I tightened and it was off so had to bring to center again. His last 3 shots were center bull with a 3/4" group.
Now the pistol. I got good at 50 but at 100 I was 5-1/2" right. I clicked a lot left and hit the same place. Old Burris 2-1/2X7.
I held center while my friend turned the adjustment and the cross hairs did not move with 26 clicks. Next time I seen them move. I was a little left then so came back to center. I shot a few 1/2" groups with the 154 gr Hornady. Scope stinks and I can not tell what a click does. Sometimes it takes over half a turn to move at all. I hate the junk. Put a penny in the slot and spin it with no movement of POI.
I went to my swinger, A hunk of truck spring on a chain with a stick on sticker. I hit the sticker. I then went to the 120 gr SS pistol bullet with Varget and was 1/2" away from the 154. I will take the Burris off and sight opens for deer.
I will never buy another Burris. The clicks are different between elevation and windage too. Cheap Tasco works better. But nothing beats a LOOPY. A $50 Bushnell has never been a problem either.
This Burris has an adjustment for distance at the front but set at 50 or 100 if I move my eye the cross hairs move off target. I sent it back once but it is still off. Parallax is never correct.

runfiverun
04-19-2017, 11:12 AM
umm yeah.
Burris.
I got a few of their items back in the day.
I still have the pair of binoculars that you can only see through the right side of.
great to keep little kids entertained.
or their 'spotting scope' that almost works as well as my hunting rifles scope does.
their rifle scopes have held up okay but they are on rifles I don't knock around too much.

I been using Leupolds or Vortex scopes and stuff, and don't even look at anything else except maybe to drool on a Nightforce or Swarovski for a minute.

44man
04-19-2017, 11:32 AM
We drool all the time with scopes that cost more then the house or 3X more then the gun. But the old Weaver made here was a wonder, K models. It said 1/4' at 100 and it was dead on. B&L will never be beat either. Leopold is still the best but cost has gone beyond the hunter. Get the new electronic ones that self adjust, you sell body parts.