PDA

View Full Version : The Paper Jacket

4060MAY
07-14-2008, 01:35 PM
I talked with Paul Matthews today, and asked about his book "The Paper Jacket".
He thinks Wolfe Publishing would re-issue the book if enough people requested it .
He has another book in process, not sure when it will be published.

docone31
07-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Wow, it has been almost 20 years since I read that book. I am glad he is still alive! He wrote a great book with a lot of research.
I really enjoyed my copy.
Ironic, this forum got me patchin.

John Boy
07-16-2008, 12:19 AM
4060 ... what's the next book about that Paul Matthews is writing?

re: The Paper Jacket ... am very happy to have a copy of the 1st edition that is really a collectors item now. A re-issue would be a breath of fresh air for the many folks that are getting into PP'ing of late. Between Brent's website and Paul's book ... that got me into wrapping.

Spreading the word around on the various forums using a Poll about the re-issue would give a good indication of those that would want one

Southern Son
07-16-2008, 07:04 AM
+1 to what John Boy asked, I heard that he was working on another book and I wondered what he was writing it about. I have a copy of the paper jacket, it was the first or second book of his I bought. I like the way he writes, very easy for a dim wit like me to follow so I went and bought all of his books.

4060MAY
07-16-2008, 08:49 AM
Ya know, I got so tied up talking about how he and his wife were doing, I forgot to ask.
I will find out.
I was the match director and spotted for him when he set the 59 pig record, it still stands for Seniors.

4060MAY
07-16-2008, 05:33 PM
More How-To's for the Black Powder Cartridge Rifle Shooter.

Title of Paul Matthew's new book, He said he was waiting for Wolfe to publish it.

Contacting Wolfe Publishing might help

Bigjohn
07-16-2008, 09:05 PM
+1 for the way Paul writes his books, it feels as if he is genuinely passing on the knowledge he has without pretence or strings attached.

I have two copies of many of his books; as I re-read them regularly to refresh my knowledge.

I'll email an order through for two of his proposed title; that should spark them.

John.

P.S. Just pre-ordered two copies of the new "More how to's"; release is due in August according to Wolfe's site.

John Boy
07-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks Gents for the information ... pre-ordered the book too
http://www.riflemagazine.com/catalog/listing.cfm?subcategoryid=88

wonderwolf
07-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Wolfe mentioned they were going to republish "The paper jacket" awhile back

Bigjohn
07-18-2008, 02:17 AM
OK, you fellowes, it's time to put your best foot forward if you want a copy of "The Paper Jacket" by Paul Matthews. I've put my name down for a copy or two if they (WOLFE) are prepared to re-publish it and ordered two copies of Paul's latest due for release in August.

Email the address below and put yer hand up.

saraho@riflemag.com

John

Bigjohn
07-18-2008, 08:02 PM
NEWSFLASH!!!

I have received an email from WOLFE Publishing stating that it is planned to re-print "The Paper Jacket" later this year.

John:

We will process your order and get the two copies of "More How to's..." out
to you. We are planning on reprinting "The Paper Jacket", it will be out
later this year.

Thank you for your continual interest in our publications.

Sarah Oxendine
Circulation Associate

Hopefully, anyone wanting a copy will get in and help make it a success.

John