PDA

View Full Version : Be you

Boaz
04-15-2017, 11:00 PM
Catholic , Baptist , Methodist , don't care , too many to mention . Celebrate your salvation through our saviors sacrifice . Tomorrow is a day of realization of his sacrifice , love, suffering to give us life . Realize the reality .

leftiye
04-16-2017, 03:33 AM
That's all many of us have ever asked of you.

Preacher Jim
04-16-2017, 08:06 AM
Jesus did not Die for denomination He died and rose again to save humans and bring them into the body of Christ as the family of God. Denominations are man created to worship the Lord, when we get to heaven we are not going to seperate areas we are going to Praise God together. We need to work here on earth to reach people (sinners) for the Lord, our heavenly Father.

Blackwater
04-17-2017, 03:50 PM
Amen, Jim! Amen! I believe the various denominations all had their plusses and minusses through the years. Ironically, if I weren't Baptist, I think there's a good chance I'd become Catholic! How's that for irony? Through the years, I've seen SO many truly great Christians come from all the various and commonly encountered sects of Christianity, folks who put their faith in ACTION every day and all the time, that I early on learned to discount denomination in almost all circumstances, and just listen and try to learn something new, and of value, that I hadn't learned before. And I've learned good things from people of all denominations. Devout Catholics may (?) be some of the best educated and informed Christians we have, though there are many in each denomination. In my experience, the biggest problems in ALL denominations come when we ASSUME too much, or seek "rational explanation" in our own minds, rather than in the scriptures. I've been guilty of this myself, and it's really hard to be "pure" and NEVER do this for all of us, I think?

Christ advised us to "study to show thyself approved," but I doubt He ever expects any of us to really, truly "get it all." But we HAVE to try, if the love of Christ truly resides within us. How could we NOT do that?

buckwheatpaul
04-17-2017, 07:42 PM
Thanks gentlemen for you lesson today!!!!!