PDA

View Full Version : Do you need work ?

Boaz
04-12-2017, 08:27 PM
Work is all around us if we open our eyes . We are tools ..as is meant to be . There is amazing satisfaction in doing his work and there is much need , so many go without even knowing GOD .

Start out simple , witnessing .
Witnessing can be no more than mentioning GOD in conversation . Letting people know he exists . As in ... GOD has given us a nice day ! I thank GOD he , has given me another day . You will reap reward when you find a believer and they respond in like reply . You will sow the simple fact that GOD is with us .

Work (not really work at all but enjoyable) makes you think , makes you care , helps you understand ) .. You don't have to preach , you need not quote scripture . Just acknowledge that he exists and you believe that .

Circuit Rider
04-12-2017, 08:44 PM
^^^^ Amen!

buckwheatpaul
04-13-2017, 07:34 AM
It is not a job....for if you love what you do you will never work a day in your life....and witnessing and doing God's work is an adventure!

USMC87
04-13-2017, 09:05 AM
Amen.

jmort
04-13-2017, 09:16 AM
"Work is all around us..."

Agree, there is a lot of work to be done
Nice thread

Blackwater
04-13-2017, 04:07 PM
Great post, Boaz! I believe that a huge part of the reason our nation and the world is in the shape it's in today, is simply because we believers have been truly lax in our witnessing. Many fail to speak up because it's not PC for Christians to speak of their faith these days. But I believe we've been advised to be bold when needs be, haven't we?

Many people, I think, read the Bible, looking more for excuses they can use, rather than for the real "meat" in the scriptures. That kind of attitude toward the scriptures may well be a signficant part of our end! As we argue, no matter how ardently, we seem to set others' attitudes even deeper in the dirt they're already in.

What's the answer? Darned if I know! The biggest problem today, IMO, is that nobody listens to anybody else other than those who agree with us. Personally, I've never learned anything from anyone who thought like I do. It's always been those who've countered me with REASON who've taught me the most.

So no matter how hard I argue, I always at least TRY to listen to my adversary. That's how real learning occurs, and I know of no other way to really learn much at all, lest it be from experience, and that's mostly composed of errors. I'd rather, IF I have a chance, learn from arguing than from experience. Hurts less, even if I have to eat crow once in a while. Pain is a powerful dissuader, even if it's hard to take.

The biggest problem with most liberals is that they don't listen to the other side, or genuinely take what the conservatives say in any real way. That's closed mindedness, and that's a sure path to perdition in our thinking! But .... liberals seem to take it as an article of faith that they're always right in every facet of their thinking, which is obviously human folly at its height.

Liberal thinking has, in much too great a proportion, replaced REAL Christian faith in WAY too many instances in people's minds and hearts. PC and liberal theology is NOT Christianity! I'd think that would be self-evident, but in dealing with many liberals, I've noted they seem to think more deeply about their liberal mindset than they do about the scriptures. And they seem to often read the scriptures in search of excuses for their beliefs and isms, than they do for real meaning.

"Seek and ye shall find." But what's not stated is that if we go looking for excuses, then THAT is what we'll inevitablly find. Only when we go to the scriptures in search of real meaning, and do it with a humble heart that's willing to accept the answers no matter where they lead us, or whether they agree with OUR concepts or not, can we really obtain real wisdom from them. So many today, seem to read the Bible seeking self-effacement rather than for real wisdom. And in so doing, ensure they'll be just that much further from obtaining real wisdom in the process.

And all because of a simple "attitude problem!" God help us all to read the scriptures with an eye towards real understanding, rather than for any other reason! That's difficult enough as it is!

Pine Baron
04-14-2017, 10:21 AM
It is not a job....for if you love what you do you will never work a day in your life....and witnessing and doing God's work is an adventure!
Adventure, indeed, well put.