PDA

View Full Version : Lee Loadmaster

hollywood63
04-11-2017, 11:15 AM
This is just an observation of a LLM I picked up from a forum member. After cleaning and set up I started testing it out and I come to the conclusion that whoever designed this thing is one demented SOB.:mrgreen: Just watching the shell indexing rod who in there right mind would think of something like that oh how about the case slider giving that extra little push when pulling down on the handle. Not complaining or anything of the sort but come one it just amazes me what these folks come up with to make things work.

No Blue
04-11-2017, 12:11 PM
It's really difficult to come up with simple, effective solutions; like the case feeder. Look at what the other case feeders use and what they cost for example.

When they were developing the Sidewinder missile, the missile could not rotate in flight. It had to keep the same 12 o'clock attitude for the guidance to work.

Now they could have put a computer in there, feedback loops, sensors and actuators, but that would add weight and cost.

Somebody came up with the idea of putting rotating finned disks in the tips of the fins. These acted like gyros and when the missile wanted to roll, it would deflect the fin a bit and keep it going straight.

Simple.

LAKEMASTER
04-11-2017, 12:12 PM
i love mine. i need to make a turret rack to hold my 6 turrets/dies/hoppers.

i think the best thing i ever did was buy my loadmaster kit from a member here. i use it nightly

Grmps
04-11-2017, 12:40 PM
I added a light to mine, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FEZEVQK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, 7/8 hole saw to enlarge the center hole and a basic 12v power supply.193008

Garyshome
04-11-2017, 01:23 PM
I'll get one when my Dillon wears out.

actionpistol327
04-11-2017, 02:37 PM
Cmon all Lee users know Dillon's never where out, cause users always remind us, how can we forget😁

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

gtrpickr
04-11-2017, 02:43 PM
When I was researching presses before I bought mine, (I ended up getting a Lee classic cast) I ran across this sight for the Lee loadmaster. He has after market parts and mods for them. Just thought I would pass it along.
http://www.mikesreloadingbench.com/

TheDoctor
04-11-2017, 02:53 PM
I'd trade mine with its extra turrets and shellplates for 3 dillon 650 conversion kits!

matrixcs
04-11-2017, 03:01 PM
i love mine. i need to make a turret rack to hold my 6 turrets/dies/hoppers.

i think the best thing i ever did was buy my loadmaster kit from a member here. i use it nightly

1 inch slices of white pvc 3.06 i.d. sewer pipe glued to a board works well. The loaded turrets sit nicely.

LAKEMASTER
04-11-2017, 03:57 PM
i bought 1k lbs of lead from a guy with the " first" dillon press. he doesnt even know what press it is. he did say he had it for the last 35 years or whatnot... its a progressive, thats all he knows lololol

id say they never wear out

tazman
04-11-2017, 10:26 PM
Lee progressives are really complex machines. After using them for several months my biggest surprise is not that they work sporadically, but that they work at all. I ended up getting rid of mine.
By the time I cleared the jams and malfunctions, I could load just as fast on my Lee Classic Cast turret( a truly bullet proof machine).
I am not normally a Lee basher since 99% of my equipment is Lee. I just can't make the progressives work.
I have no experience with Dillon presses and most likely never will. I can meet my needs with My Lee CCT quite well.

jmorris
04-12-2017, 08:19 AM
The Lee's don't work in an easy to see direct linkage way, that's likely why so many folks can't get them to run right.

I would hypothesize that there are more Dillon users that don't know what makes the machine tick than successful loadmaster users.

The Dillon's just work or folks send them back for a free rebuild, once you have a Loadmaster humming you'll know pretty much everything about the press.