PDA

View Full Version : Double thanks to all of you!

Blackwater
04-10-2017, 02:56 PM
First, let me reiterate my thanks to all of you yet once more for your prayers for me lately. I'm nearly at the end of it all, and back to what serves for "normal" for me nowadays, except for a few more of the pills that make me sleep so much. But I'm thankful for the good they did me. I just hated sleeping so much of my life away for a while.

Secondly, my friend Mike who'd going through chemo and has had radiation for his cancer, had a really rough time for a while, but is now nearly back to his old self again. So thank you immensely for your prayers for this good and unusual man. He is truly appreciative of them all, but just doesn't do the "internet thing," or he'd post his thanks himself. I was really worried about him there for a while. And he really got depressed for a while, too. But he's back to his cocky, but thankful self pretty much now, and I am sure your prayers were a part of that.

His Dad died at a young age, and he's always assumed he'd likely follow suit. He's 74 now, and as vital a man as I've seen at that age. He can fix most anything with a motor in it, electrical or fuel powered, from stem to stern. He can tell you more about an engine by listening to it than most of the parts-changers today can with their computers! And he does this work now for anyone who comes to his attention who needs it, and often, won't charge them anything even if he has to buy some parts! He's a real "one of a kind" type of guy, and a wonderful friend. He loves to fish, and is one of the best fishin' buddies I've ever had, though he likes to get too close to the fish when the water's clear, but .... nobody's perfect, right? ;^) Seriously, he's a real wonder of a guy, and a wonderful friend, and I thank you all for your prayers and well wishes for both of us. It really matters.

Pine Baron
04-10-2017, 04:51 PM
All praise goes to God, my brother. Real glad your on the mend, and glad for Mike too. God Bless this house.

Bzcraig
04-10-2017, 10:20 PM
Thank you Jesus!

Boaz
04-11-2017, 06:44 AM
Glad your both doing better !

GhostHawk
04-11-2017, 08:32 AM
Good news is always good to hear.

USMC87
04-11-2017, 03:54 PM
I am so happy to hear you are both doing better, All praise be to GOD.

Blackwater
04-13-2017, 04:19 PM
My buddy Mike was supposed to have gone fishing yesterday, which is a BIG change for him for the last several months! Thanks to all of you yet again. It's amazing how he's responded. And I've got 1 1/2 days of the meds left (mostly from doses I forgot to take) and I won't be sleeping my life away any more. You folks are the absolute BEST!

jmort
04-13-2017, 04:34 PM
Thank God for the Good Reports

shoot-n-lead
04-13-2017, 04:37 PM
Glad you and Mike are back on your feet.