PDA

View Full Version : Remington Rolling Block rifles

shafer44
04-08-2017, 04:37 PM
I currently have 2 43 Egyptian Remington rolling block rifles, dies and some ammo that I have made from 50 cal. Sharps brass. I am trying to see if there is an interest from anyone in buying these from me. I also have a Remington rolling block in 7mm mauser. I believe the 43's are #1 and the 7mm is a #5. I know the 43's are black powder only and the 7mm is capable of loading commercial powder. I also have brass, dies and bullets for this rifle.
I have shot all three rifles and they shoot ok, I just never worked with them long enough to improve anything.

I have somewhat of an idea what these are worth, but not publishing a price right now, I had rather see the interest first. I have 2 full sets of dies and shellholders for the 43 Egyptians. One of the sets of dies, I used to load and form the cases. The other set of dies have never been set up or used. I was going to give one to my brother-in-law and a rifle, but I changed my mind.

NavyVet1959
04-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Well, maybe you should include your location on your profile and maybe someone locally will take you up on it.

I don't suspect that trying to get around the rules on post count / time on the forum will work out nicely for you.

JakeBlanton
04-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Most people don't want to deal with someone who does not have a post count history and is not local.

runfiverun
04-08-2017, 07:03 PM
you guy's got this covered..:lol:
I'm gonna go read some threads now.

pjames32
04-08-2017, 08:42 PM
R5R-my thoughts exactly!

No_1
04-09-2017, 07:31 AM
Most who do this sort of thing are trying to skirt the rules. This one has received a perma-ban for his attempt.

NavyVet1959
04-10-2017, 12:20 PM
Oh well... With a single post to his name before getting banned, does that make him a "one hit wonder"? :)

TCA
04-14-2017, 08:09 PM
I currently have 2 43 Egyptian Remington rolling block rifles, dies and some ammo that I have made from 50 cal. Sharps brass. I am trying to see if there is an interest from anyone in buying these from me. I also have a Remington rolling block in 7mm mauser. I believe the 43's are #1 and the 7mm is a #5. I know the 43's are black powder only and the 7mm is capable of loading commercial powder. I also have brass, dies and bullets for this rifle.
I have shot all three rifles and they shoot ok, I just never worked with them long enough to improve anything.

I have somewhat of an idea what these are worth, but not publishing a price right now, I had rather see the interest first. I have 2 full sets of dies and shellholders for the 43 Egyptians. One of the sets of dies, I used to load and form the cases. The other set of dies have never been set up or used. I was going to give one to my brother-in-law and a rifle, but I changed my mind.

Where are you located

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marlinman93
04-15-2017, 12:14 PM
Where are you located

He's not located. Did you notice he's banned for this post?

TCA
04-15-2017, 05:54 PM
I see first time on here sorry

TCLouis
04-16-2017, 09:53 PM
Does a ban go to a name that can keep getting changed or IP address?

NavyVet1959
04-17-2017, 08:00 AM
Does a ban go to a name that can keep getting changed or IP address?

When I had a forum set up, I would ban IP address ranges of spammers as I encountered them. They were usually in Russia or Nigeria and I guess theoretically I might have banned some good people in the process, but I doubt it. I suspect that most forums just ban a name (which has an email address associated with it). To come in under a new name, they need a new email address. Not exactly that difficult to do. IP addresses can change also even if you do not do anything on your part to cause that to happen. I seem to remember an option on my DSL modem configuration page to have it request a new IP address and of course, there are services out there that provide IP addresses for you so that your real IP address does not show up.

marlinman93
04-17-2017, 01:04 PM
I ban IP addresses daily on a car forum I moderate. Always because of spammers selling jewelry, appliances, etc. They have so many IP addresses, and names they simply come back in a day or two to repeat the same spam. It gets tiring, as they never seem to get tired!