PDA

View Full Version : A simple challenge

TexasGrunt
04-06-2017, 04:17 PM
I made my last installment payment on my NRA Patriot Life Endowment membership a couple of weeks ago. All the "free" swag arrived yesterday.

I've been a life member for about 15 years now. I received a flyer with the discounted cost a few months ago. Both my wife and I agreed that it was time for me to step up. We also donate $25 a month to the NRA-ILA and I use Amazon Smile to donate a percent of every purchase to NRA Freedom Action Foundation. Back when I was working I used the United Way drive to also Donate to the NRA.

My challenge is this. If you're not a NRA member then join. If you are a NRA member then donate to the NRA-ILA and upgrade your membership. The NRA is the ONLY national level group that can have an impact in the political process.

I know that some of you in certain states feel that the NRA doesn't do enough for you. The fact is that in states like California or New York that the NRA could go bankrupt fighting what's going on and it wouldn't make one whit of difference.

What the NRA can and does do is effect change at the National Level that will impact what happens in ALL states. I'm certain that the NRA is biding it's time right now waiting for Gorsuch to join the court to start bringing cases forward. If Kennedy or Ginsburg leave the court then President Trump will be able to bring about a generational change in the make up of the court. Gorsuch just brings us back the the status quo that we've had.

I have no doubt that a Conservative Court is going to strike down many of the new laws that California and New York have passed or are about to pass. It just takes bringing up the correct cases through the appellate systems.

McDonald and Heller were the first baby steps to restoring our Second Amendment Rights that have been allowed to slip away. Our best chance right now to restore the to their fullest is RIGHT NOW.

Please accept my challenge!

XDROB
04-06-2017, 04:34 PM
I just upgraded to a Life Member a month ago. And I do donateto NRA-ILA

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

MrWolf
04-06-2017, 08:57 PM
Updated my son and I to Endowment in December.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-06-2017, 11:02 PM
I like to "gift" a one year NRA membership to new friends who are shooters...or new shooters who are friends.

54bore
04-07-2017, 06:45 AM
This is on my to do list! Been wanting to join the NRA for a long time

Freightman
04-07-2017, 09:43 AM
IMHO if you own a gun then you should be a member of the NRA, and your state rifle association. Just my opinion, you are still free to do what you want, but remember the axiom "For every action there is a equal reaction" do nothing and that will be the reaction.