PDA

View Full Version : bit the boolit

tdoyka
04-04-2017, 03:59 PM
welp, i bit the boolit. i've tried and tried to stay away from it. but it got me. in 5 or 6 weeks, i'll have a new tc encore 23" MGM heavy factory barrel in 500 linebaugh. the barrel will be equipped with skinner sight, front and back. i then bought hornady's 500L four dies set and a .510" lyman case trimmer. i am going to try some 450gr lfn gc that montana bullets(i'll have to get a mould) "just happens" to have http://storage.proboards.com/forum/images/smiley/grin.png . next month, i have to get is some 500L cases(thru starline, they "just happen" http://storage.proboards.com/forum/images/smiley/grin.png to have them) and some hs-6 and then i'll be good to go.

i am going to try hs-6 first, although i won't know the velocity till the barrel comes. i would like it to go 1200 - 1300fps. if it doesn't go 1200-1300fps, i'll try 2400. i have a can of tite group(also have unique) so i'll try it, even tho the velocity shouldn't be 1100fps, more like 1000fps. anyway, if i can do 3"group(3 shots, i'm going to try 5 shots) at 100 yards, then i'll be happy. i'm going to try to zero it in at 100 yards. it should be 3" high at 50 yards. well, i'll find out when the barrel comes.

i just wish that it could be a six shooter(well 5 shooter), i'll just pretend that it is!!!

now you have my permission to antagonize me. http://storage.proboards.com/forum/images/smiley/wink.png

shouldn't there be some group that DOES NOT do a disabled guy's dreams? i mean, i....er... he's only got one hand!!! and then i....er...he puts the encore on my...er...his primos trigger bipod and then i....er...he wraps them up with a gummy strap. you ought to see him, big bore on a bipod gummy strap when i...er...he hunts.

nagantguy
04-04-2017, 04:20 PM
Congratulations sir; I envy your purchase! I'm about a month away from pulling the trigger on my ultimate wish list encore barrel as well! Had a few close calls found what I almost wanted a few times, decided to settle a time or two but like you I'm just gonna pay to have made what I want!

iplaywithnoshoes
04-04-2017, 04:48 PM
tdoyka,

Welcome to the MGM club! That will be longest wait time you have ever experienced for any part or accessory. Haha.
Cannot wait to see how this looks once it's finished! Maybe a couple of us can meet for a silhouette match sometime!

shoe

tdoyka
04-04-2017, 05:57 PM
i own three MGM barrels;) but i'm like a kid waiting for christmas!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Dryball
04-05-2017, 02:27 AM
tdoyka...congrats. It stinks having to wait that long. I just ordered an MGM today and he told me about 3 weeks and that includes the work Mike Bellm will do. Mike is next door to MGM. Hopefully you won't have to wait the full 6 weeks

tdoyka
04-05-2017, 06:23 PM
tdoyka...congrats. It stinks having to wait that long. I just ordered an MGM today and he told me about 3 weeks and that includes the work Mike Bellm will do. Mike is next door to MGM. Hopefully you won't have to wait the full 6 weeks

it usually takes MGM 4 weeks to get it to me. i've only waited 5 weeks one time. it sat in my safe for 2-3 years before i sold it. i am going to get bellm's trigger job and hammer springs for my two encores. i've never shot a bullberry barrel, the wait time was 3 or 4 months, sometimes more.(this was about 5 years ago)

Tenbender
04-05-2017, 06:48 PM
Local pawnshop has a bunch of new brass and lots of jacketed bullets they took on pawn. You might make a deal ! PM me.

Moonie
04-05-2017, 09:53 PM
I really like the MGM barrels I have, a 7.5" 300BO threaded for my suppressor and a 15" 500 S&W, one is fun, the other is abusive lol.

iplaywithnoshoes
04-05-2017, 10:26 PM
Bulberry is about 5-6 months now. :killingpc

tdoyka
04-05-2017, 10:56 PM
wow!!! i think i'll stay with MGM.

tdoyka
04-05-2017, 11:11 PM
wow!!! i think i'll stay with MGM.