any sightings of this rare bird yet

website says ships in March

Ramjet-SS
04-03-2017, 09:30 AM
Been on the hot list nothing yet. Plenty of 41 mags but no 327 Federals

missionary5155
04-03-2017, 09:56 AM
Good morning
Check Gunbroker... If none are there probably it will be hard to find one.
Henry is doing some very good things for us Lever shooters. We are waiting for the 16 inch 41 mag to get well circulated now. The 20 incher is a fine shooting rifle.
Mike in Peru

saleen322
04-04-2017, 12:18 PM
Been checking as well. Website still states shipping in March 2017 but no one has any yet that I can find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

downwind
04-04-2017, 12:24 PM
My local gun store has them on the wish list at several distributors.
(Puts them in line when they come in)
But they haven't been notified yet

Greg S
04-04-2017, 04:08 PM
Been checking gbroker about every other day. Still no joy.

John Allen
04-04-2017, 04:39 PM
I know I want one!

castblast
04-05-2017, 01:59 AM
Got an email from Anthony Imperato (company president) on March 28. He said "We start shipping in couple weeks". I'm thinking next Wednesday. :p

TJF1
04-05-2017, 10:52 AM
I have had one on order since Jan. 1

Terry

Snow ninja
04-05-2017, 11:29 AM
I'm really looking forward to these, I've fallen in love with that cartridge.

Mgderf
04-06-2017, 06:44 AM
I emailed Mr Imperata inquiring about ship dates for the .327 Big Boy steel.
I was assured that when they do start to ship, my rifle will be drop-shipped factory direct to my FFL.

I talked to customer service yesterday. Associate told me that the .327 and the .41mag Big Boys were competing for production time, and the .41mags won out. Started producing the .41's first.

I was told to expect the .327's to start shipping this week or next.

I was prompted by customer service to email Mr. Imperata and request the specific model I was looking for.
I was told that Henry expects the .327's to be a very hot commodity and probably be hard to find through conventional channels.

I was informed that making a request directly to the company president would be the best way to ensure that I received one of these new models from the first run.

I've been expecting my FFL to call any day now...

downwind
04-30-2017, 08:55 PM
Status has now gone to ships in "LATE MAY"

Mgderf
05-05-2017, 09:09 PM
Status has now gone to ships in "LATE MAY"

I emailed Henry customer service a few days ago. I came right out and asked what the problems were, why the continued delays.

I received a reply stating that they were having difficulties getting .32H&Rmag to feed reliably.
They said they would rather delay the release than to release a product the customer would need to send back.

Kudo's to Henry for wanting to get it right.
They feel confident about late May.
Now, get it right, and ship my Big Boy steel .327 please...

Newtire
05-06-2017, 12:24 PM
Can you guys let me have first Dibs? I have been in line here a long time and really have to go to the bathroom!

castblast
05-29-2017, 11:28 AM
Late May has definitely arrived! Anybody hear anything?

Jack Stanley
05-29-2017, 10:29 PM
I hope they're not holding up the single shots to get this going , seriously though It nice to know they will have it right before it leaves the factory .

Jack

catskinr
05-30-2017, 12:36 AM
I emailed a couple weeks ago asking about the brass 41s (rifle and carbine) was told they should be ready to ship around the end of the month(May) and should start seeing them a week or two later on the shelves. Which would be pushing mid June?

OverMax
05-31-2017, 09:08 AM
The roll out of those promised new models in March 2017 have yet to be seen. It appears "Imperato put the cart before the horse"

missionary5155
05-31-2017, 10:10 AM
Good morning
My two cents... I am not about to criticize any gun company that is trying to increase production. Plus what other company is willing to listen to the desires of American hunter / shooters. When most other American outfits are looking at $$$$, Henry has given us new rifles, new calibers and doing a good job expanding the line. I say... Bully for Henry Rifles !
Mike in Peru

buckshotshoey
05-31-2017, 01:02 PM
The roll out of those promised new models in March 2017 have yet to be seen. It appears "Imperato put the cart before the horse"

My take on the matter..... kudos to a firearms company that has TOO MUCH business. And the thought and foresite to get it right the first time.... even if it ruffles a few feathers because of a few delays. It WILL be worth the wait.

Would love to work for Henry. Sounds like job security to me!

Ramjet-SS
05-31-2017, 08:09 PM
Nothing like creating demand by announcing a product a littl ahead of time. ��

I am big fan of Henry rifles I think they are doing this correctly making sure the gun feeds and is good quality.

I am more excited about the new brass single shot rifles in the various calibers but especially the 44. I am so pleased with the 357 carbine I have I am not sure the 327 is in the cards.

izzyjoe
05-31-2017, 11:26 PM
I didn't know they were making single shot rifles, I'm not a big fan of Henry's but those brass straight grip rifles look mighty fine! I'd love to have a .44 mag and 45-70.

downwind
06-02-2017, 05:00 PM
Another proposed shipping date come and gone

saleen322
06-14-2017, 06:37 PM
Henry Website now updated to: .327 Fed Mag Shipping June, 2017 .41 Mag Shipping July, 2017. I am still standing in line. :p

TexasGrunt
06-15-2017, 09:04 AM
Oh man, I'm really starting to warm to the idea of one of these little carbines. I'm thinking I may just sell my Marlin .44 Mag to fund the purchase. The Marlin just doesn't tickle my fancy. Of course I'll then have to pick up a matching handgun. I'm leaning towards a Ruger SA revolver since I don't have any SA revolvers.

rintinglen
06-17-2017, 03:02 AM
Well, Tex, that's a good direction to lean in. I have two Single 7 327's and an Sp101 for good measure. They are light recoiling and fun, as well as very accurate. I am waiting for the 327 Henry to hit town.197749197750

psweigle
06-17-2017, 06:59 AM
Gotta love the ruger single seven, it the sp101 is just a beautiful piece. It, and a Henry are what I'm saving for.

Dorf
06-25-2017, 06:49 PM
Hey Guys: Ain't nawthin' wrong with a Single Six in stainless convertble either!! :-)

Newtire
06-26-2017, 11:16 AM
Wow, my new Henry in .327 came in this morning-what a beauty! Then the garbage truck woke me up.... so I had coffee & loaded up some .454 Casull loads with the 250M boolit from Accurate molds. Now that boolit is real and that mold really is a good one! Started dropping boolits right out of the box. Still waiting for Henry to work the bugs out!

Mgderf
06-26-2017, 07:23 PM
Wow, my new Henry in .327 came in this morning-what a beauty! Then the garbage truck woke me up.... so I had coffee & loaded up some .454 Casull loads with the 250M boolit from Accurate molds. Now that boolit is real and that mold really is a good one! Started dropping boolits right out of the box. Still waiting for Henry to work the bugs out!

You got me.
I was all ready to get excited since my new .327 Henry is supposed to be drop-shipped to my FFL.
Tom Petty said it best, "The waaaiting is the hardest part..."

Thundarstick
06-27-2017, 08:18 AM
Dog! That first line almost made me jump in the Jeep and run to the gun shop!:(

Mgderf
06-29-2017, 09:00 PM
O.K., tomorrow is the last day of June, so that means my Big Boy steel .327 is going to ship tomorrow, right...?

downwind
06-30-2017, 06:38 PM
Sent an email to the president of Henry asking if they could ship a 327 direct to my local Henry dealer as soon as they are released.
Didn't answer my question directly, but did say that they are just now starting to ship.
Got this response on the 29th of June.
FINGERS CROSSED

buckshotshoey
06-30-2017, 06:53 PM
Patience fellas, patience. Good things come to those who wait.

jetinteriorguy
07-01-2017, 06:31 PM
Wow, 34 posts about a Henry and not one mention of how someone doesn't like them because they lack a loading gate. Come on guys, your slacking off. :-P

Estacado
07-03-2017, 01:13 PM
I have the .357 Big Boy Steel. It's worth waiting for the 327. The BBS has fast become my favorite plinking gun. 6-7 grains of Unique. Doesn't get any better than that. I judge the 327 will be a big seller. Henry is doing it right.

castblast
07-05-2017, 09:15 PM
I see two on gunbroker!

missionary5155
07-05-2017, 09:34 PM
Greetings
Going to be interesting how much the first several go for on GB... The 41's went for near $900. Some sellers were still trying to get $750 - 800 when the more alert of us paid $635.
I can be very patient not to pay the scalpers.
Mike in Peru

castblast
07-05-2017, 09:56 PM
Same here.

Mgderf
07-06-2017, 06:56 PM
I see two on gunbroker!

I contacted one of the sellers.
He told me they just received that rifle yesterday.
Must be getting closer...

denul
07-06-2017, 07:41 PM
Mine is at the local dealer for review tomorrow, I will take it if it is not as heavy as the 357

Bzcraig
07-06-2017, 10:16 PM
Greetings
Going to be interesting how much the first several go for on GB... The 41's went for near $900. Some sellers were still trying to get $750 - 800 when the more alert of us paid $635.
I can be very patient not to pay the scalpers.
Mike in Peru

The guy on GB is asking $899........I would never pay that

Mgderf
07-06-2017, 10:37 PM
Mine is at the local dealer for review tomorrow, I will take it if it is not as heavy as the 357

I saw the listings on GunBroker today, so I called Henry customer service to ask about mine.
Customer service told me, "We've had some production issues, but are back on track and expect to be shipping in the next couple of weeks.

When I told him I saw them for sale on GunBroker, the customer service rep told me, "I don't know how they can do that. That model hasn't begun to ship yet."

I contacted the vendor on GunBroker and he confirmed that he had possession of the rifle, and it was received yesterday.

Is anyone else as frustrated as I am?

denul
07-07-2017, 02:10 PM
I picked mine up from Wildcat Pawn & Gun, in London Kentucky, about an hour ago, and can recommend them highly for service and sales. The out-the-door price was $689, and the gun is not as heavy as I thought it might be. It is the round Barrel, and is marked for both 327 and 32 H&R, and has a heavy thick rubber butt plate, no doubt to accommodate the heavy recoil generated by this cartridge .

dragon813gt
07-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Heavy recoil? You're fooling yourself if you think it's going to kick. A 357 Magnum in a carbine has no recoil. The 327 is going to be even less.

buckshotshoey
07-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Heavy recoil? You're fooling yourself if you think it's going to kick. A 357 Magnum in a carbine has no recoil. The 327 is going to be even less.

He was kidding. A joke. He slipped that one by you! Lol!

missionary5155
07-07-2017, 03:37 PM
Greetings
Well.... unless some one is thinking of doing a u-tube with the butt held in the front pearly whites.
But I have to agree. That little piece of brass and with the heaviest cast possible is going to make far more noise than recoil. Our 41 mag Henry with a 290 grainer over a stout load of 2400, 1680 and H110 is comfortable to shoot. That thick rubber does a good job.
Mike in Peru

denul
07-08-2017, 12:38 AM
Well, I appreciate someone getting the joke! I shouldn't try for comedy. For those who are concerned, I do have some experience with the 32 caliber, with lever Guns, and with recoil.The Ruger 480 in the Rossi 92,or my Japanese Browning 86 in 45/70, or my Winchester 94 in 45 Colt (or either of my Marlin 94s in 44 and 41 magnum) definitely benefit from softer buttplates. But more to the point, I was anxious to see if a long held impression that I have had about the 327 federal might be correct. I have always believed that it would do better in a longer barrel,because of its higher operating pressures than most revolver cartridges that are also chambered for long guns. My initial tests with the new Henry certainly seems to support that notion. American Eagle factory rounds cycled through the action very well, and I have a couple of dummy rounds seated to ridiculous lengths that would chamber and freely eject singly, but could not be cycled through the action. However, some more reasonably seated cast reloads cycled just fine, with no need to jerk or slam the action.
The rifle is attractive, with what appears to be dark walnut with a satin finish, and a matte finish frame with a higher gloss blue barrel and magazine tube. The Buckhorn open sites have a very fine white diamond that seems to guide me very precisely to the front bead.Overall, the appearance is of a firearm designed for utility,but certainly handsome enough to put on display.
I have quite a lot of interest in the 32s.I have model 73, and a model 92 Winchester in 32/20 and have loaded quite a lot for heavy cast in that caliber, for use in my Buckeye special which has two cylinders for 32/20 and 32H&R magnum.I Also load the 327 for my GP 100, the 7 1/2" Single Sevenand the far superior 6 1/2" Clements Stainless Single Six conversion from 22 to 327.I also have the original single six blued in 32 H&R, and an older 6" K frame S&W in 32/20 that has neither a bulged barrel or cylinder,which is sometimes a problem with some of the older revolvers exposed to high velocity ammunition.I also have been very active in casting for these calibers and have read with interest experiences of others here during the group buys that led to the various Mihec and NOE molds, in this caliber, of which I presently have seven.I am also very proud of a heavy 140 grain LFN that Veral Smith made for me right after the 327 came out.

I started by using the factory American Eagle 100 grain loads.I wasn't trying to do much in the way of accuracy but 4 or five of these rounds fired into a pile of wet ships at 100 yards were very nicely accurate, and exploded quite a lot of wood chips after killing soda cans.

6 rounds of this load averaged 1715 from the Clements Conversion, with a spread of 95 ft./s and SD of 35. Things got a lot better in the rifle. 6 rounds averaged 2084,with greatly improved consistency, and a spread of only 35 ft./s and a standard deviation of 13.

I get very similar results using the 100 gr Mihec 314640 HP over H110,with velocities just over 2000.
I wanted to see how 32 H&R would do.I am so glad to have stocked up on 4756 when Ken Waters identified it as one of the best powders for the 32/20. I have also used it extensively in the HR Magnum and have a load of 5.1 gr behind the same cast Mihec Boolits as above,that averages 1190 with a SD of 10 from the 4" GP 100, and gave 1435 from the Henry, with the same standard deviation of 10.I doubt that any powder released since its discontinuation will improve significantly on this. The 32 H&Rs fed extremely well,were noticeably accurate, and would make a dandy,affordable substitute for 22s.
I certainly hope there is enough interest to keep the ball rolling on the 32's going forward. I have a very nice Marlin 27s in 25/20,which is just as light as a gallery gun. The Henry is necessarily heavier because it is so much stronger, but the interest is out there for lightweight reloadable pump or lever actions. if you look at the various posts here and especially over on the Marlin website,and if you look at what is happened to the price of the few 32 H&Rs that Marlin made a few years back, I believe you can see why Henry stepped up.

I am sorry about the length of the post, and sincerely appreciate the concerns about my inexperience with the items above.I am far more interested in the heavier cast Boolits in the Henry,but I just didn't have any loaded and ready today when the thing came in. I need to change that over the next week or so and could keep anyone posted who might be interested.

Jeff Michel
07-08-2017, 08:21 PM
Excellent synopsis of your first impression. Thank you.

Ramjet-SS
07-08-2017, 10:06 PM
Nice review I have one on order and hope my 130 Grain HP from the Mihec mould shoot well from the gun as the results from my K Frame S&W have been great.

3leggedturtle
07-08-2017, 10:53 PM
He was kidding. A joke. He slipped that one by you! Lol!

Made me laugh.

downwind
07-13-2017, 06:56 PM
Henrys website had just officially changed the status on the big boy steel models to "SHIPPING NOW "

buckshotshoey
07-13-2017, 07:39 PM
Henrys website had just officially changed the status on the big boy steel models to "SHIPPING NOW "
Here they come fellas. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Ya know, it's nice to see some enthusiasm for a truly well made, if not underrated, firearm.
Actually I take that back. I don't think I ever considered them underrated in any aspect. Underestimated , maybe.

Mgderf
07-13-2017, 08:14 PM
Here they come fellas. I'm sure it will be worth the wait...

I'm still not holding my breath.
I've had an email in to the rep who is supposed to be assisting my FFL for 3 days now, with no reply, even though the Henry web site says they usually answer emails within 48 hours.

I was told 6 months ago that my rifle would be drop-shipped factory direct to my FFL when they began to ship.
They have been available on Gunbroker now for almost a week, and still, my FFL has not heard a peep.

I think Henry may be the ones who've done the underestimating.
The last customer service rep I talked to told me that easily half of the calls he'd received in the past month were questions regarding the ship dates of the .327 offerings.

I'm not going to be a happy camper if this model sells out of the first run before I get my hands on one.

buckshotshoey
07-13-2017, 08:20 PM
I'm still not holding my breath.
I've had an email in to the rep who is supposed to be assisting my FFL for 3 days now, with no reply, even though the Henry web site says they usually answer emails within 48 hours.

I was told 6 months ago that my rifle would be drop-shipped factory direct to my FFL when they began to ship.
They have been available on Gunbroker now for almost a week, and still, my FFL has not heard a peep.

I think Henry may be the ones who've done the underestimating.
The last customer service rep I talked to told me that easily half of the calls he'd received in the past month were questions regarding the ship dates of the .327 offerings.

I'm not going to be a happy camper if this model sells out of the first run before I get my hands on one.
Ok. And what part of that says it won't be worth the wait? If this turns out to be your only concerns, I'll bet you will be a happy camper in the end. Hey. You have to allow me to show a little enthusiasm.

To add..... I thought I seen one in Gunbroker as well. Just searched again and there were no results.

Mgderf
07-13-2017, 09:26 PM
Ok. And what part of that says it won't be worth the wait? If this turns out to be your only concerns, I'll bet you will be a happy camper in the end. Hey. I have to allow me to show a little enthusiasm.

To add..... I thought I seen one in Gunbroker as well. Just searched again and there were no results.

I didn't say it wouldn't be worth the wait, just that I'm getting rather perturbed about the length of wait, and the lack of contact of late.

I was promised in January that I would receive one of these rifles, and it was implied that it would be from the initial production run.
I was told that my rifle would be drop-shipped to my FFL from the factory when they began to ship.

I was given the name and email address of a rep that is supposed to help me and my FFL in obtaining this rifle but she has yet to respond to my contact.
My FFL has still not been notified of an incoming shipment, yet 2 sold on GunBroker yesterday, and another couple are now in the hands of members on this board.

I have been BEGGING every last lever gun manufacturer I could find to build this exact rifle for more than 3 years.
Now Henry has built one, and I'm just frustrated that I don't have mine yet.
As I posted above, I'm not known for my patient.

TexasGrunt
07-14-2017, 10:27 AM
Orders are normally shipped in the order received. If your order is half way down the order queue then you might have to wait a week or two.

Low Friction
07-14-2017, 10:51 AM
The queue is probably >100 deep. Realistically if you are waiting for them to filter through the normal supply chain, 2 or 3 mo from now is more realistic. But hey, nothing is stopping a true zealot from finding one on gunbroker sooner.

Mgderf
07-14-2017, 05:31 PM
... nothing is stopping a true zealot from finding one on gunbroker sooner.

Normally, I would agree, and I could have bought one from GunBroker, but I have a much better deal lined up with my local FFL.
He is a friend, that deserved or not, seems to feel he owes me favors.
I was told I'll get mine for right at $200 below M.S.R.P., so yes, I could find one sooner I guess, but not for what I was quoted.

Mgderf
07-18-2017, 08:21 PM
Contacted by customer service today.
I was told the Big Boy steel is now shipping, and production is running along, but due to a "large back order", Henry is currently in the process of ramping up production of the .327's.
My drop-ship order is "on file, and will be processed in the order it was received".
I got the feeling that Henry was woefully unprepared for the demand for these rifles.

I was still not given any idea when my rifle will ship.

When all of this was set up, back in February, Henry took my FFL's information and asked about his preferred distributor.
They said even though they were going to ship mine factory direct, they would credit my FFL's distributor for the sale. His preferred distributor is listed as Davison's Gallery of Guns.

I would like to believe that Davisons would be one of the larger distributors, and in theory, would be one of the first to have their orders processed.

Wishful thinking I guess.

GhostHawk
07-18-2017, 09:41 PM
I agree that I think a lot of people given the chance to own a Henry Rifle for what is IMO a reasonable price did indeed jump at the chance. Surprises me not to hear they are backlogged. Plus there are always a few tweaks to get what is coming off the line to the same level of fit, finish, over all look and function as the prototypes.

Eagerly awaiting more calibers in those single shots.

buckshotshoey
07-19-2017, 06:58 AM
Contacted by customer service today.
I was told the Big Boy steel is now shipping, and production is running along, but due to a "large back order", Henry is currently in the process of ramping up production of the .327's.
My drop-ship order is "on file, and will be processed in the order it was received".
I got the feeling that Henry was woefully unprepared for the demand for these rifles.

I was still not given any idea when my rifle will ship.

When all of this was set up, back in February, Henry took my FFL's information and asked about his preferred distributor.
They said even though they were going to ship mine factory direct, they would credit my FFL's distributor for the sale. His preferred distributor is listed as Davison's Gallery of Guns.

I would like to believe that Davisons would be one of the larger distributors, and in theory, would be one of the first to have their orders processed.

Wishful thinking I guess.

Patients friend, patients. Good things come to those who wait. If Henry underestimated the demand, I see that as a great thing. That is a problem that ANY business would want.

You said in an earlier post you are not a patient person. I can understand that. I will expand that a little and say you have very high standards and can be a tough customer to please. If they hurried production just to get orders filled (thing Remlin), there will be many unhappy people here. How would you handle this? If they say they are filling orders in the order they are received, then I would see no reason to doubt them. Sounds like you underestimated the demand and got you order in AFTER a good number of people. Would you expect Henry to ship your rifle ahead of someone else that has been waiting longer?

Relax. Stock up on some ammo. Get your dies if you reload. I have every confidence Henry will do you right. But don't really expect them to favor you over another customer. ALL of their customers are important to them.

Note that I am not bashing you. I, as mentioned, can tell you have high standards, and usually get what you want, when you want it. But sometimes we don't get everything according to our timetables. That's life. I totally understand your anxiousness. It took me over a year to save enough to get my Henry H010. But I have no regrets regarding my purchase.

As a side note, I emailed Henry recently and offered a few suggestions. They emailed back and said...

Paraphrasing here ....

Mr Imperato has taken your suggestions into consideration. He would like your address so he can send you some complimentary items as a thank you.

I emailed back and said....
Thank you for the offer of the complimentary items, but no thank you. I am a completely happy customer without them. Add the cost of the items (whatever they might be) and the cost of shipping them to me. Take that money and add it to a bonus to your employees. They are deserving of it. And make a copy of this message and put it on an employee bulletin board. Just so they know I appreciate their work.

That's how I feel about Henry as a company. I only hope they continue to live up to the high standard they set.

GhostHawk
07-19-2017, 07:32 AM
"Take that money and add it to a bonus to your employees. They are deserving of it. And make a copy of this message and put it on an employee bulletin board. Just so they know I appreciate their work."

This, exactly this. Well said sir.

Mgderf
07-19-2017, 07:46 AM
Patients friend, patients. Good things come to those who wait. If Henry underestimated the demand, I see that as a great thing. That is a problem that ANY business would want.

You said in an earlier post you are not a patient person. I can understand that. I will expand that a little and say you have very high standards and can be a tough customer to please. If they hurried production just to get orders filled (thing Remlin), there will be many unhappy people here. How would you handle this? If they say they are filling orders in the order they are received, then I would see no reason to doubt them. Sounds like you underestimated the demand and got you order in AFTER a good number of people. Would you expect Henry to ship your rifle ahead of someone else that has been waiting longer?

Relax. Stock up on some ammo. Get your dies if you reload. I have every confidence Henry will do you right. But don't really expect them to favor you over another customer. ALL of their customers are important to them.

Note that I am not bashing you. I, as mentioned, can tell you have high standards, and usually get what you want, when you want it. But sometimes we don't get everything according to our timetables. That's life. I totally understand your anxiousness. It took me over a year to save enough to get my Henry H010. But I have no regrets regarding my purchase.

As a side note, I emailed Henry recently and offered a few suggestions. They emailed back and said...

Paraphrasing here ....

Mr Imperato has taken your suggestions into consideration. He would like your address so he can send you some complimentary items as a thank you.

I emailed back and said....
Thank you for the offer of the complimentary items, but no thank you. I am a completely happy customer without them. Add the cost of the items (whatever they might be) and the cost of shipping them to me. Take that money and add it to a bonus to your employees. They are deserving of it. And make a copy of this message and put it on an employee bulletin board. Just so they know I appreciate their work.

That's how I feel about Henry as a company. I only hope they continue to live up to the high standard they set.

This adventure started years ago.
I emailed Henry, as well as every other lever gun maker I could think of requesting this exact rifle.
Henry was the only company to respond, but their response was not what I'd hoped for.
At that time their reply was, "Henry USA currently have no plans to produce such a rifle.

With no more contact, 3 years later, I get an email from Henry telling me this would be available "soon".
I was so excited at the news I wanted it NOW!
Still do...

buckshotshoey
07-19-2017, 07:52 AM
I completely understand. But I remember a saying my Dad told me as a youngster.....

If you s**t in one hand, and wish in the other, which do you think will fill up first? Lol

Mgderf
07-28-2017, 07:53 PM
Davison's Gallery of Guns now has my new Henry .327 lever listed on their "stock watch".
Hopefully that means mine will be here shortly...

rigger
08-01-2017, 08:04 PM
My dealer just called to see if I still wanted one. He said they had one on the way and it should be here Monday. I'll be picking it up as soon as I get the call.

buckshotshoey
08-01-2017, 08:46 PM
Good for you. Glad to hear they are catching up. But I don't think MGDERF will be very happy for you! :kidding:

Thundarstick
08-03-2017, 04:55 PM
Got the steel big loop carbine today! Reasonable trigger, fit and finish great, straight grain dark walnut, and lighter than I thought it would be. Now all i need is time to wring it out!

Mgderf
08-04-2017, 06:48 AM
Good for you. Glad to hear they are catching up. But I don't think MGDERF will be very happy for you! :kidding:

Still waiting...

Dpmsman
08-04-2017, 01:53 PM
I picked mine up about a week ago. So far not all that impressed. Fitment of the receiver together and the receiver to the bud stock is not that great. The bottom of the receiver looks like it's installed crooked. The trigger is pretty gritty and stiff. Haven't had a lot of time to test accuracy yet I've only shot it a couple times. I think I will be getting in contact with Henry and send it back.

rigger
08-05-2017, 12:40 PM
I picked mine up about a week ago. So far not all that impressed. Fitment of the receiver together and the receiver to the bud stock is not that great. The bottom of the receiver looks like it's installed crooked. The trigger is pretty gritty and stiff. Haven't had a lot of time to test accuracy yet I've only shot it a couple times. I think I will be getting in contact with Henry and send it back.

Just curious is yours the rifle or the carbine?

Ramjet-SS
08-08-2017, 05:28 PM

Let's see some pics of that rifle and the issues?

Dpmsman
08-08-2017, 11:22 PM
Here's some pics of the rifle. Let me know what you guys think. Maybe I'm just being picky. Rigger it's the carbine.

Dpmsman
08-08-2017, 11:32 PM
201480 this is the worst spot.

Dpmsman
08-08-2017, 11:35 PM
201481 this is the other side. The lines are better on the right side.

Dpmsman
08-08-2017, 11:39 PM
201482 left side front.
201483 right side front.

Dpmsman
08-08-2017, 11:44 PM
When I pull the trigger I can see the hammer moving to the rear. Unfortunately I don't have a trigger scale. Also the rifle can't be canted to the left when running the action otherwise the fresh round will jamb between the lifter and the inside of the receiver.

Mgderf
08-09-2017, 08:06 PM
Got an email from Henry today telling me, "We will be shipping this by the end of the week", and the email included 3 downloads.
Unfortunately the downloads won't open on my computer so I am hoping they ship the model I ordered.

Anyway, my new Henry is actually on the way!

Ramjet-SS
08-09-2017, 10:58 PM
I have several Henry rifles but they are all brass recievers not the steel. But chanting to the left is an issue with my 357 unless I work the action hard. So I went down and checked the hammer and everyone of them have clean crisp triggers and very little creep. Must be wh they are so accurate ......:Fire:

My advice is simple call Henry they are fantastic about fixing issues with thier product when they have them.

I will wait for the brass carbine as I just love those brass rifles.

Thundarstick
08-12-2017, 11:56 PM
I finally was able to shoot my carbine today. Fit finish and trigger is acceptable to me. The only function problem I encountered was while trying to catch empties, I had a few case rims slide back under the bolt and jamb the action. I had to pull the bolt back( with the muzzle down the bolt moves forward just enough to trap the case head) to rattle the empty out from under the bolt. I had no other issues with single loading into the port, or from the magazine tube, or with loading and ejection of empties. Now a few negatives! I took a needle file to the outer magazine tubes loading port because the inner tube wanted to grab when pushing it in. I put a very slight bevel to the inside and it's very smooth now. Then the sights, o boy! This is the worst gun I've ever owned where the sights had to be misaligned on the barrel to be accurate. The front sight had to be moved visually off center left and the rear visually off center right to shoot POA at 50 yards! It was shooting about 11 inches to the right from the factory! Great news is that it's lookin like an accurate little carbine! More to come.

missionary5155
08-13-2017, 06:26 AM
Good morning
Accuracy is what it is all about.
What is the cast weight you are shooting and at what / about fps ? Is this factory ammo ? With my reloads and varying velocity / cast weight we can walk groups across a target never changing the sights.
Is the rear sight notch cut in the horizontal center of the blade ? Found one big name rifle that was a ways off to the side.
Is the dovetail on the barrel cut perpendicular to the barrel ? Slight angle and the rear sight is off to a side.
Is the dove tail on the rear sight perpendicular to the sight ? Have a "big name" and the rear sight was cut off angle to equal 1/4" offset to the left on the barrel.
Is the front sight bent ? I have bent more than one off to the side ?
These are just the sight issues that pop up on "Monday morning" rifles / carbines. It is all about precision cut optical sighting systems.

Now back when rifle barrels were measured in feet the crook of a tree was used to bring the sights on target. Near wanted to pass out when I watched Lizard plop the barrel of a beautiful original flinter into a tree crotch and "tweek" it. But upon assembly it was spot on.
Mike in Peru

buckshotshoey
08-13-2017, 08:34 AM
I finally was able to shoot my carbine today. Fit finish and trigger is acceptable to me. The only function problem I encountered was while trying to catch empties, I had a few case rims slide back under the bolt and jamb the action. I had to pull the bolt back( with the muzzle down the bolt moves forward just enough to trap the case head) to rattle the empty out from under the bolt. I had no other issues with single loading into the port, or from the magazine tube, or with loading and ejection of empties. Now a few negatives! I took a needle file to the outer magazine tubes loading port because the inner tube wanted to grab when pushing it in. I put a very slight bevel to the inside and it's very smooth now. Then the sights, o boy! This is the worst gun I've ever owned where the sights had to be misaligned on the barrel to be accurate. The front sight had to be moved visually off center left and the rear visually off center right to shoot POA at 50 yards! It was shooting about 11 inches to the right from the factory! Great news is that it's lookin like an accurate little carbine! More to come.

My 45- 70 was like that too.... But 11 inches low. I got it adjusted ok but didn't really care for the rear sight. I removed the semi buckhorn and replaced with a Marbles Bullseye rear sight. Then of course I had to replace the front because it was too tall for the Bullseye sight. It's a deer killer now. Very happy.

downwind
08-27-2017, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=Dpmsman;4117258]I picked mine up about a week ago. So far not all that impressed. Fitment of the receiver together and the receiver to the bud stock is not that great. The bottom of the receiver looks like it's installed crooked. The trigger is pretty gritty and stiff. Haven't had a lot of time to test accuracy yet I've only shot it a couple times. I think I will be getting in contact with Henry and send it back.[/QUOTE/]

Just wondering have you contacted Henry and has there been a resolution?

The reason I ask is that I have had a Henry 327 on order since the announcement in January. My local gun store just got one for me. When I went to pick it up it had the same problems as yours apparently all the production models are coming out that way. Didn't know if it has been resolved or not. I will be calling them on Monday.

It puts me in an awkward situation since this gun was ordered just for me by my local dealer. I don't want hard feelings between the dealer and myself if I don't accept this gun.

My dealer has been quite diligent in finding one of these for me and putting up with my constant inquiries about this gun.

Mine is the rifle model.

Thanks
Downwind

downwind
08-29-2017, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=Dpmsman;4117258]I picked mine up about a week ago. So far not all that impressed. Fitment of the receiver together and the receiver to the bud stock is not that great. The bottom of the receiver looks like it's installed crooked. The trigger is pretty gritty and stiff. Haven't had a lot of time to test accuracy yet I've only shot it a couple times. I think I will be getting in contact with Henry and send it back.[/QUOTE/]

Just wondering have you contacted Henry and has there been a resolution?

The reason I ask is that I have had a Henry 327 on order since the announcement in January. My local gun store just got one for me. When I went to pick it up it had the same problems as yours apparently all the production models are coming out that way. Didn't know if it has been resolved or not. I will be calling them on Monday.

It puts me in an awkward situation since this gun was ordered just for me by my local dealer. I don't want hard feelings between the dealer and myself if I don't accept this gun.

My dealer has been quite diligent in finding one of these for me and putting up with my constant inquiries about this gun.

Mine is the rifle model.

Thanks
Downwind

Ok spoke to Henry customer service and they said that they would be in contact with my dealer to have it sent back to them so that they could have their "engineers look at it"

Fingers crossed "

Downwind

robg
08-29-2017, 02:32 PM
My father would never buy any new product in its first year of production ,cars etc as there are always teething troubles seems that's still true today.

dragon813gt
08-29-2017, 03:23 PM
My father would never buy any new product in its first year of production ,cars etc as there are always teething troubles seems that's still true today.

W/ firearms you don't know if there is going to be a second run. I'm like your father no don't buy the first generation of anything, except firearms.

saleen322
08-29-2017, 10:23 PM
I bought a Henry Big Boy 327 online Sunday. Few brass receivers seen so far and the first one I seen sold. I understand the brass ones are made in New Jersey and the steel at another plant. Here is hoping it is well made as it is very early in the production run. I will keep you posted.

Mgderf
08-29-2017, 11:02 PM
I bought a Henry Big Boy 327 online Sunday. Few brass receivers seen so far and the first one I seen sold. I understand the brass ones are made in New Jersey and the steel at another plant. Here is hoping it is well made as it is very early in the production run. I will keep you posted.

I picked up my new Big Boy steel in .327 2 weeks ago. 20" round barrel 10-shot lever action goodness.
Fit and finish are what you'd expect from Henry.
Function is nothing less than outstanding. Slick as a baby's bum.
It even feeds and fires .32S&W longs without a hitch.
A low serial number didn't hurt my feelings much either.

glockky
08-30-2017, 09:51 AM
What kind of velocities are you all getting out of the rifle?

rigger
08-30-2017, 01:49 PM
Here's some velocities for loads I tried in a carbine.

Factory Federal 100 gr 2140.
Lyman 311316 118 gr 10 gr 2400 1640
Hornady 100 gr XTP 13.5 Lil'Gun 1770

Low Friction
08-30-2017, 01:53 PM
Here's some velocities for loads I tried in a carbine.

Factory Federal 100 gr 2140.

Nice, your numbers match these results: www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/327mag.html

rigger
08-30-2017, 07:35 PM
Nice, your numbers match these results: www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/327mag.html

Yes the Federal load was right on the money.

ebner glocken
08-30-2017, 09:23 PM
What 32 long ammo was you shooting? A lever that shoots 327 federal and also feeds 32 S&W longs has my attention. What kind of velocities and accuracy were you getting out of them?

Ebner

Mgderf
08-30-2017, 09:52 PM
What 32 long ammo was you shooting? A lever that shoots 327 federal and also feeds 32 S&W longs has my attention. What kind of velocities and accuracy were you getting out of them?

Ebner

Believe it or not, I was shooting Aquila .32S&W long 98gr LRN.
They fed and fired just as well as the factory .327 Federal American Eagle ammunition.
I was not shooting over a chronograph so I'm unsure of the velocities, but accuracy was great. 1-1.5" groups at 25 yards shooting off hand with factory iron sights.

I've become a fan of Aquila over the past couple of years.

Thundarstick
09-15-2017, 11:59 AM
The more I shoot mine, the better it seems to be getting! I'v probably put about 300 rounds through it just playing around. I put a tall Skinner blade on the front, ground the rear flush all the way across the top, squared deepened and opened the notch so I get the sight picture I like. I played in the reloading room with some very lite loads 2.3 gr Bulls Eye and a 98 gr swedged hbwc aloxed. Squirrel hunting accuracy with only a step of elevation! I must confess to shooting both boolits and bullets during the last few weeks and it seems to shoot both well, but seems to cooper foul quickly. Just a little update.

Low Friction
11-02-2017, 02:25 PM
One of my local discount gun shops (Anacortes Gun Shop) finally has stock on the 20" 327 Big Boy Steel Henry's. Order placed, I'll have my 327 long gun soon.

bones37
12-09-2017, 07:05 PM

I have had a similar experience with the mis-alignment of the sights in order for the rifle to achieve a zero. I've tried different loadings and bullet/boolit weights with no change, rifle shoots 4 inches to the right at the distance of about 35 feet, but it shoot nice groups consistently.

megasupermagnum
12-11-2017, 08:34 PM
I finally ordered mine today, can't wait for it to come in. I'm getting the steel frame 16.5" carbine with large loop. Does anyone know what the max cartridge OAL is that will feed in the rifle?

rigger
12-12-2017, 08:29 AM
I finally ordered mine today, can't wait for it to come in. I'm getting the steel frame 16.5" carbine with large loop. Does anyone know what the max cartridge OAL is that will feed in the rifle?

1.53 is about as long as I can get out of mine.

megasupermagnum
12-12-2017, 12:05 PM
Well that's kind of disappointing. I just measured my 120 grain SWC's, and they are 1.545". I had been hoping to try some 140 grain bullets. I figured they would make them to at least cover all factory ammo. Surely the Buffalo Bore with 130gr SWC is longer than 1.550".

rigger
12-12-2017, 05:33 PM
I don't have any Buffalo Bore 130gr but I've seen reviews where they shot it in Single Sevens. The longest I can get in my Single Seven is 1.50 so the Buffalo Bore has to be no longer than that.

megasupermagnum
12-12-2017, 06:55 PM
Looking at the pictures now, it seems Buffalo Bore is using a bullet with a short nose, and presumably a lot in the case. I find it odd the single seven is so short. I have an LCR, and my SWC's at 1.545" fit with room to spare. We will see, but I'll enjoy the rifle no matter what.