PDA

View Full Version : Dillon 650XL conversion 223 to 45acp?

randyrat
04-01-2017, 08:33 AM
I want to convert my Dillon 650 XL (set for the 223) but want it for 45 ACP..What parts do i need? Do I need a complete conversion kit, where is a good place to buy it?

I did look at our vendor sponsors at the top of the page but can't seem to find a kit..How about our vendor sponsors in the "Vendor Sponsor page" any of them selling these?

Greg S
04-01-2017, 08:53 AM
Randy, I don't know what your Dillon came set up initially with so...

650 itself:

Large primer conversion (comes with the machine or used to)
Extra tool head for your 45 ACP dies or reuse the one you have your 223 dies in but it kinda negates the quick change over.
Shell plate, locator buttons and powder funnel/case mouth expander.
45 ACP dies
Optional additional powder assembly with the small powder bar* (you might already be using it for 223. Machines used to come with large and small) or swap the current one back and forth.

Case feeder:

Large pistol shell plate

If you give Dillon a call I'm sure their customer service will walk you through it and get you every thing you need first go.

randyrat
04-02-2017, 07:45 AM
Done deal, I got help and all is on order.
Thanks

runfiverun
04-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Alvarez must of PM'd you.

randyrat
04-15-2017, 06:28 PM
Now I am trying to figure the most efficient way to load primers, besides one at a time in the loading tube...Seems someone had a thread on this already...I'll do a search...
BTW loaded all my 45 acp cast up already, now I have to cast some more, what a predicament. That Dillon is so dang quick it makes my head spin, it also makes em perfect.

BrassMagnet
04-15-2017, 09:07 PM
Now I am trying to figure the most efficient way to load primers, besides one at a time in the loading tube...Seems someone had a thread on this already...I'll do a search...
BTW loaded all my 45 acp cast up already, now I have to cast some more, what a predicament. That Dillon is so dang quick it makes my head spin, it also makes em perfect.

Primer pick up tubes to load the priming system tube.
Set of four from Dillon and a repair kit to have extra plastic ends.

randyrat
04-15-2017, 09:10 PM
Yeah the ends I have don't work . I'll have to order a few new plastic ends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk