PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a lee ladle

toallmy
03-31-2017, 09:15 AM
I am just checking on the size of the wood handle , is it the same size as the 6 cavity handles or smaller ?

VHoward
03-31-2017, 10:01 AM
Smaller. The ladle is on the small side also. I would spend the extra and get either the Lyman or RCBS ladle.

toallmy
03-31-2017, 10:43 AM
I was just interested in the replacement wood to use on a set of 6 cavity handles I took the wood off of , I see lee sells replacement wood for the dippers .

country gent
03-31-2017, 11:14 AM
I believe the wood is around 3/4" dia for the handles I would buy a length of oak 3/4" dowel and a couple copper 3/4 pipe caps for ferreles and make them from that.

toallmy
03-31-2017, 12:13 PM
Yes Sr I believe that is going to be the fix . If I can drill the hole straight .

country gent
03-31-2017, 12:35 PM
If you can find a lathe or a good vee block it isn't to hard to drill them. Another simple trick would be a flange mount for tubing of the size ure using in the handle and stand it up on the drill press table. A snug fit on the dowel should make for a nice square drilled hole.

gwpercle
03-31-2017, 02:33 PM
I had a hand drill , Black & Decker I think , that had a level in the end of it. With the level , you could drill a hole straight down. The drill was a battery powered one, when I couldn't get replacement batteries I had to scrap it. But if you can find or have one it's not hard to level the dowel perpendicular in a vice then use the drill level to drill a hole straight down.
I sort of miss that little level , I'm bad about drilling holes that lean left or right.
Gary

country gent
03-31-2017, 03:45 PM
Ive used pipe fittings and nipples for a drill guide on round things. a bell reducer and nipple close to the drill size and it guides the drill pretty well when a drill press or lathe cant be used.