PDA

View Full Version : Question for Beeman p 17 owners

melloairman
03-30-2017, 09:36 PM
When you cock the pistol your hand must be on the rear sight . Does it hold true ? Marvin

PerpetualStudent
03-31-2017, 02:30 PM
I try to have my hand forward of the sights. I grip the handle in my right hand as if to shoot with my index finger extended so it's not on the trigger. I then place the palm of my left hand just forward of the rear sight. I keep my left hand flat so I don't pinch any skin and start pressing together. I have to be a bit careful not to catch my shirt but otherwise that keeps my hands off the sight and from being pinched.

Silver Eagle
03-31-2017, 04:37 PM
I cock the pistol with my hand on the top flat area and avoid the sights.

GhostHawk
03-31-2017, 09:19 PM
I removed the rear sight and put a 11 mm dovetail to weaver rail adapter on it. Then installed a used Truglo Red Dot that I had sitting around. I do try to use the very rear of the top cover with left hand index finger and thumb to close. With time it is getting easier.

When I was using the rear sight I had no issue with sight zero moving. Screw stayed put, rear sight would move and return to zero.

Have also been trying to figure out a way to make a handle which would let me add length and keep my hand away from sights. Have not figured it out yet. But there is a spot in the middle where there is a plastic area not filled in. You can see the barrel. Once I have a second one to rip apart and tinker with I am thinking I will figure something out.

melloairman
03-31-2017, 09:26 PM
Thanks too all for the info .And Ghost Hawk if you figure out the handle let me know .Marvin

jcwit
03-31-2017, 10:48 PM
I also keep my hand off the sight.

melloairman
04-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Shoot the pistol today for about 2 hours . I was standing the whole time and up right I have the cocking down. Glad I do not have large fingers for the loading . Used the open sights and did well . RD should be here tomorrow late . Think I will take it out again in the morning with the sights . Marvin