PDA

View Full Version : Built in PID for LEE 20# pot...pretty cool idea!

OS OK
03-30-2017, 04:08 PM
SneakPeak-Arduino PID Lead Pot Controller (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU2gPxlZBq8)

I suppose some of our casting friends are 'mad scientist inventors' too...look at what this fella has built.

minmax
03-30-2017, 04:37 PM
Thanks, Mr. Irby! When are you going to make more videos? I really like the ones you have posted.

OS OK
03-30-2017, 05:35 PM
I dunnoh...I ain't much on doing vids anymore, my camera guy/loading buddie had to get a knee replaced and has had a hard time of the recovery.
Don't know when Thom (just like 'Tom') will be out and about and when he does show up I would imagine he'll want to get caught up emptying some brass at the range.

PS...it ain't 'Mr.', it's charlie

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-30-2017, 08:49 PM
I'd worry about splashing molten alloy on that Arduino

bkbville
03-31-2017, 02:52 PM
Seasick from the video...

Poor location, but arduino's are cheap

Mike W1
03-31-2017, 04:40 PM
Took a peek at the linked video and a couple more. But they were just peeks, I'm 74 and I don't have that much time left to waste. Never did hit a spot where I could get a price on one but then got to thinking isn't that rig that one where you basically have to program the thing? Seems like something on that order was discussed some time back.

Strtspdlx
03-31-2017, 08:52 PM
So you got me thinking about a pid again. I priced it out before and it's about $70-$80. I found a kit on eBay for about 48. Hopefully it'll be here soon. I'm anxious to build something.

edit- I just saw you made videos. Please link to them so I can watch. I just started making poor videos.

OS OK
03-31-2017, 09:41 PM
The videos started out just to get a video to Lee about a couple ideas I had...they couldn't take vids in an e-mail so they said use a Y-Tube acct. and they could link to that. Nothing ever came of it.
The only other two was a thanks to a fella in Texas that made me an adapter to use my RCBS powder measure on my lee through powder expander dies, the second was about using the turret as efficiently as possible...lotta talking, not too much crankin, basicly a vid for a newbie on a turret.
So...no I don't really do vids.

minmax
04-02-2017, 10:35 AM
Still, I liked the way you presented everything, and you had a good clear voice.