View Full Version : Direct Plug-in PID Controler??

Tom Myers
03-29-2017, 08:04 PM
Do any of our members sell a PID controller that, without any do-it-yourself stuff, that I can just plug my casting pot into.
If no one does, is there a retailer out there that does offer one for sale.
I actually did spend about an hour searching this forum and the net but all I could find seemed to need some sort of additional stuff to make it work.

Shooting season is coming up fast and I need to get started casting and loading and I'm too busy with routine maintenance :coffeecom to mess around with the do-it-myself stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Reddirt62
03-29-2017, 08:17 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=257435

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Adam20
03-29-2017, 08:40 PM
Just got one from him a few weeks ago, works perfect

RobS
03-29-2017, 08:57 PM
You can buy one right out or build one yourself.

I used an old computer power supply box and then from a reputable ebay seller purchased the thermocoupler, PID, SSR and heat sink. I purchased a short 14 guage extension cord and and some wire connectors to finish up the project. Total cost was under $70.......closer to $60.

lightman
03-29-2017, 09:19 PM
I just bought one from OB111. He's a good guy to deal with and the unit is neat and compact with good workmanship.

jessdigs
03-29-2017, 10:00 PM
I just bought one from OB111 also. I searched the forum and saw a thread from an old member that got banned so that was out, then I found OB111's thread. I sent payment as soon as I saw the pictures of the unit. It Hasn't arrived yet, but looks like a solid unit that is finely crafted. The TC is wired with a k type receptacle, so you can leave your TC installed on multiple units and use the same PID for your casting pot, toaster oven, lubrisizer, kiln, whatever. I can't wait to try it out.
I thought about building one, but with the weather warming I am back to working 6 10s, so time is short, and money isn't​.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tom Myers
03-29-2017, 10:01 PM
Thanks everyone.

I'm a goin' ta get one. I just sent a PM to OB111.

ioon44
03-30-2017, 08:19 AM
I have used PID that I got from OB111 works really great and well built, I could have built one my self but now I have more time to cast and shoot.