PDA

View Full Version : Ruger/TALO grip challenge?

georgerkahn
03-28-2017, 08:56 PM
A while back, one of Lipsey's TALO 3.75" barreled Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Rem Mag revolvers came into my stable. The ONLY problem I have with it is my not being too fond of the teeny stock grip, which when held permits --barely -- two more fingers on it.
OK -- there has to be myriads of after-market grips, right? I ordered/received the Hogue (83000), but it doesn't fit. BUT, for kicks I tried the grips off a .30 Carbine blackhawk, and they fit as if they were meant for it.
Soooo, if I obtain a set of grips for a Ruger New Model Blackhawk (???) .30 Carbine, they SHOULD fit the TALO. I think. My gunshop locally tried super blackhawk aftermarket, and they're too short on their backs (palm side) -- so the GUESS is that the TALO Super Blackhawk .44 use a plain-Jane Blackhawk frame.
I looked with a magnifier for any markings on the frame, and there might be a letter "R" in a depressed circle on the port ("left" for land-lubbers) side -- with operative word being "might" -- it's really not clear what it is.
I'm hoping -- here -- someone bright, gifted, good-looking of course, and knowledgeable re Ruger grips may advise what I might order/get to put a longer grip on this otherwise gorgeous revolver?
Thanks much in advance!
geo