PDA

View Full Version : Browning .45-90 Creedmoor BPCR request for photo

texasmac
07-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Hello all,

As many of you know, and are probably tired of hearing, I’m about to publish a book in the Browning M1885 BPCRs. It’s taken much, much longer than I had planned. It really, really is almost ready to print, cross my heart. I’m even working on the cover jacket photo. By the way, since the action components and some of the other features of the BPCR model are identical to the rest of Browning’s M1885 line and also the more recent Ltd. Edition Winchester Creedmoor rifles, most of the book is applicable to these also. Just thought I’d sneak in a little sales pitch.:roll:

Anyway, I’m trying to identify and contact folks that own a Browning .45-90 Creedmoor BPCR with a 34” barrel. The reason is I just realized I forgot to include a photo of one version of the box end label. Although every Creedmoor rifle shipped from the factory had a 34” barrel, some of the earlier rifles were shipped in a rifle box with an incorrect label listing the barrel as 30”. When Browning realized their error new labels were printed for the balance of the shipments. I have a photo of the incorrect label, but do not have one of the corrected label. Therefore, I’d be very grateful if you’d contact me if you have a Browning Creedmoor rifle box with the corrected label indicating a barrel of 34”. If I can use your photo I’ll send you a free autographed copy of my book. No doubt it will be worth orders of magnitude more than the current published price (not set yet) after I die, but no promises when that will happen.:)

If you don’t have a Creedmoor box with the corrected label and know of someone with a Browning Creedmoor, I’d appreciate if you’d pass my request along. By the way, none of the box labels said Creedmoor or Creedmore. Browning only used this designation in their advertising and literature. I can be reached by responding here, by private message or by my direct email address: texas*mac*@*sbc*global*.net (remove all the *’s) Thanks.

Wayne
aka TexasMac

Gussy
07-10-2008, 04:34 PM
I think mine says 30", but I'll check.
Gus

texasmac
07-13-2008, 05:52 PM
I’ve had a couple of guys contact me so far, but it turns out they had the incorrect box end label, not the one indicating a 34” barrel. Please, please, please, if anyone has a Browning Creedmoor box please check the label. Even if you don’t have a way to take a photo I’d like to discuss the label with you if it says 34” barrel.

I do understand that someone with the handle of “StealthJ” has a rifle box with the label I’m looking for, but I’ve been unable to identify and contact him or her. The rifle with box was sold in early May on GunBroker by a seller with the handle of “arthur88”. I don’t know where StealthJ lives but arthur88 lives in Ogden, UT and is a large volume firearm seller on GunBroker, with feedback on 1800 firearms so far. If anyone knows who StealthJ or arthur88 might be, I’d sure appreciate it if you would contact me. I’ve made several attempts to contact both persons by going through GunBroker, but so far to no avail. The auction sites do a very good job of shielding the buyers and sellers from being contacted by anyone not buying or bidding on their firearms. See my opening post in this thread for my contact information. Thanks.

Wayne

WBH
07-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Go into the GB site and "ask a question"on any of the auctions of arthur88.
He will email you back.

You must be a registered user with GB to use this feature.