PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy any gunflints from neolithics

RU shooter
03-26-2017, 06:47 PM
The last batch of American chert I used worked real well even better on my L&R lock than the black English .I got them from MBS just found this place on line http://www.neolithics.com/texas-gun-flints/ Anyone ever get there flints/chert here?

Tim

Maven
03-26-2017, 07:25 PM
Some on The American Longrifles Forum (I think) purchased them and were pleased with both the quality and prices of the flints, RU.

Good Cheer
03-26-2017, 08:51 PM
I've been researching an outcropping source. Still looking.

JohnCWF
03-26-2017, 08:58 PM
I just received my first order from them. 1 doz. 7/8" for my Pedersoli Frontier Rifle and 1 doz. 1 1/8" for my Pedersoli Brown Bess. Took about three weeks to fill the order. Not bad timing since they are handmade.

I haven't had a chance to use them. They look simple but not something I could make. And at the rate I shoot, they probably last my lifetime...
SaveSave

stubshaft
03-27-2017, 02:33 AM
I usually order from Rich Pierce. He uses chert also.

Maven
03-27-2017, 08:49 AM
Just a heads up on Rich Pierce: He's no longer making flints (shoulder injury perhaps?).

RBak
03-27-2017, 01:16 PM
Just a heads up on Rich Pierce: He's no longer making flints (shoulder injury perhaps?).
Yep Maven, been a couple of years now, and I hear it came about from a Bicycle accident.
I still have a dozen or so flints from Rich, and another dozen or thereabouts of black English Flints, and from looking at the current price of flints I will do my best to make these last me for some time.
On average they seem to be about $2.00 each nowadays.
What happened to the days of a dozen for $5 or $6 bucks?

Russ

Note: a dozen from this outfit for $15 bucks is a pretty good deal in todays market.

RU shooter
03-27-2017, 07:57 PM
Surfing the inter web some more I came up with another place I've never heard of for gun flints , called Kentucky flint works and only a buck a piece !

http://kentuckyflintworks.com/GUNFLINTS.html

stubshaft
03-27-2017, 11:13 PM
Sorry to hear that. He is good people...

OverMax
03-29-2017, 07:15 AM
In the past I order my flint from the same fellow stubshaft ordered his from. Got about a 1/2 dozen pcs of Pierce's yet. So I'm OK for awhile. Once I run out. I'll buy some English Flint from a local store >Track.