PDA

View Full Version : New to me Ruger MK IV

Art in Colorado
03-25-2017, 08:54 PM
Just bought a blue steel target version. Shot at a indoor range this past week. Off hand with bulk Federal and CCI MiniMag. Both shot very good. Need to shoot it out doors at some distance off a bench and try Auto Match. Had a Mark 3 before and never took it apart and eventualy sold it off. This Mark 4 is a joy to take down. I believe I wiil have this one for as long as I will be able to pull the trigger. By the way the trigger was ok out of the box and was better after the range session. Will see if I have to do anything to it down the road.

Ken in Iowa
04-25-2017, 11:31 PM
Thanks for your report. I have one smiling at me at my LGS wanting to follow me home.

gun shops are like that...

tazman
04-26-2017, 08:26 AM
Thanks for your report. I have one smiling at me at my LGS wanting to follow me home.

gun shops are like that...

That is why I try to avoid gun shops. Unfortunately I need my gun fix every so often. It seems I may have a problem.
So many great guns, so little time and money---[smilie=b:

GhostHawk
04-26-2017, 08:32 AM
I am sitting on a pair of Mk III 22/45's. While the Mk4's would be nice. Just not nice enough to be worth spending extra money on just for the easy takedown.

Once every year or 2 I strip them down. Get my wife to read the reassembly instructions out loud as I go through the steps. First one always takes a couple of try's, second one is always dead easy. I just don't do it often enough to remember it.

dirkdiggler
06-01-2017, 02:15 AM
Love my MKIV

AZBronco
06-24-2017, 11:49 PM
Check out the Ruger Co. site and see the ser. numbers with the problem .

Johnny_Cyclone
06-25-2017, 01:02 AM
Mark IV Recall

Link:
https://ruger.com/dataProcess/markIVRecall/