PDA

View Full Version : Joy joy joy

rl69
03-21-2017, 04:10 PM
So on another forum a bible study was posted and it brought to mind a song that I had stuck in my head. So I searched YouTube and found it. now my question is when did it go politicly correct ? The chorus we would sing is " and if the devil dosen't like it he can sit on a tack hay sit on a tack hay sit on a tack today " ????

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MxFx8V3DSwc

rl69
03-21-2017, 06:22 PM
Ok wy wife said I'm crazy, the song has always been sung like that, and not everything is a goverment conspiracy to promote political correctness. ( I think they may have gotten to her )

nevertheless I know how we sung it. ( the right way ) and that's how I will always remember it. Filled with joy and laughter.

Have you had Fun today ?
Ronnie

Boaz
03-21-2017, 08:50 PM
You are correct bout the devil sittin on a tack , lol . Use to sing it as a little kid in church bout half a century ago . We always laughed . Haven't thought of it in years ...thank you !

shoot-n-lead
03-21-2017, 08:52 PM
I remember it well.

Thanks for posting as I haven't thought of it in many years...nearly 50yrs.

buckwheatpaul
03-21-2017, 08:57 PM
rl69 you never cease to amaze me...you made me smile and my heart soar! Paul

KMac
03-21-2017, 09:08 PM
I remember singing that all the time as a boy in Sunday School. Thanks for the memory. And I will go completely insane on someone if they tell me I have to be PC to the Devil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro