PDA

View Full Version : The new old, guy on the block

Harry Tobin
03-20-2017, 01:32 PM
Hi guys just wanted to introduce myself. I finally signed up for cast boolits after all this time. So I’m the new old guy on the block, I love to shoot and reload and make some things along the way. Now my gun forum is good but no one really gets into reloading on that site, now thankfully for this site a few years back I built my pid controller. Works great with my lead pot and also use it in the heated base for my star press. Did build a bullet feeder for the star that feeds nose down that I will put up soon.

Harry

Hickory
03-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Welcome.
You are at one of the few old folks homes in America that allows guns and the discussion of guns. The geriatric shooting range of cyberspace.

John Allen
03-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Welcome Harry. Where in PA are you?

Harry Tobin
03-20-2017, 01:52 PM
Welcome Harry. Where in PA are you?

About half way between quakertown and doylestown
Doesn't look like your that far away, I go shooting at branch valley gun club

Mak Rov
03-21-2017, 12:27 AM
Welcome Harry from another PA reloader

GhostHawk
03-21-2017, 08:43 AM
Lots of us ol farts here, many of us still cast, reload and shoot. Pull up a chair. Great place to spend some time.

John Allen
03-21-2017, 03:51 PM
About half way between quakertown and doylestown
Doesn't look like your that far away, I go shooting at branch valley gun club

Yeah, I am not that far away. I used to when I was younger shoot up at Twin S gun club which was close to you. It was a great range.

Hogan
03-21-2017, 07:02 PM
From one new guy to another, welcome.

Rick

aspangler
03-21-2017, 07:09 PM
Hello Harry. Welcome to the maddness from one old fart to another. No matter how old you are you can alsways learn something here.

tankgunner59
03-21-2017, 11:28 PM
Welcome Harry, I too am just an old fart. But as aspangler said, I have learned a lot here.

Artful
03-22-2017, 05:08 AM
Welcome to Harry and Rick - pull up a chair and enjoy the knowledge base, let's help each other enjoy our hobby. And when the time comes beware the PIT - where opinions run free and sometimes so do emotions.

Harry Tobin
03-22-2017, 10:27 AM
Thanks guys for the warm welcome, the older I get the more I want to know! It’ll take sometime to get to know folks here. I did put up my first post in The Star Equipment Corner about the bullet feeder I made. Just trying to pass on some info if anyone is interested. Hope to get to know you all.

Moonie
03-24-2017, 11:18 AM
Welcome Harry, you won't find a better place on the internet for cast boolit shooters than this one.