PDA

View Full Version : Need a 10 -15 yard shooter so .

melloairman
03-19-2017, 08:23 PM
I ordered some thing I thought I would never buy from PA . Did not want a rifle for this distance . Started out thinking about one of the revolvers that are out now . But then I remembered the old eye syndrome with the sights and target. Looked at the springer's and remembered the issues I had with my RWS which I sold . Did not what another pumper because I plan on doing a lot of shooting just about every day . And I still have my 1377 which I put a 18 inch barrel and a shoulder stock on as well as scope . Which I need to repair after many years of use . This arrangement of shooting is short term I hope . So I did not want to pay very much and that put the cost of the PC out . Saw PA had their Crosman carts on sale for $18.99 for 40 which makes them a little under .50 cents a piece . So I bought what they say is a best seller a Crosman 2240 . 2 of the 40 pack of carts and 3 tins of Gamo WC . As well as a adapter to put a scope on . Spent over 6 hours in 2 days looking for a trigger group I had on another project 1377 that has a super sear in it . While looking for it I found a shoulder stock I forgot I had . 4 tins of Daisy WC. that I forgot I had which are accurate in my Disc. Dug up a couple of used scopes and rings . And yes just as I had given up and started to put things back in a box. I thought I saw some think black in a corner . Sure enough it was the trigger group I had been looking for . So I now wait for the order to arrive . Marvin

bandsmoyer
03-19-2017, 09:25 PM
I have a stock 2240 and like it very much

melloairman
03-20-2017, 09:11 AM
Do you or any one else know how many shoots your getting out of a cart in a stock 2240 . Marvin

melloairman
03-25-2017, 09:27 PM
Thought I would pass on a little scope mounting issue to any one that might not know . Got the trigger assembly and stock on the pistol . I bought the barrel mount adapter to mount the scope . Had a leapers compact rifle scope to mount on the pistol . All was good until then . But the barrel mount adapter sets to far forward to shorten the eye relief enough to use a compact rifle scope . Ordered a BSA RD. with 11 brightness levels for it today . Think I will remove the stock and make it into a pistol again . Mount would more than likely work with a pistol scope with long eye relief . Marvin

jh45gun
03-26-2017, 11:22 AM
I would buy a steel breech for it.Those barrel mount adapters are hard on barrels.

Silver Eagle
03-31-2017, 04:50 PM
Look at the P17. Single shot pneumatic that is very accurate with a nice trigger. With the right pellet it can single hole at 10 yards.
See other thread here for info on o-ring replacement that some need. Easy to do.

jcwit
03-31-2017, 10:53 PM
Got a 2240 this week. Already have a steel breech coming for it along with an open sight and a Hammers red Dot.

We shall see how it goes.

melloairman
04-01-2017, 07:49 PM
I have a steel breech and 18 inch barrel in .177 that might end up on this pistol as well as a shoulder stock . Marvin

flyingrhino
04-03-2017, 04:38 PM
My squirrel rifle is a 25 cal Benjamin Marauder PCP with a Hawke Sidewinder 6-24x56 SR Pro. It is a blast!

GhostHawk
04-03-2017, 09:44 PM
I recently put this mount on my 1322 instead of a steel breech.
It was about the same price, but I liked that the scope actually locked to the barrel for the length of the rail. The steel breech just holds the end of the barrel. There is really not a lot to hold barrel and breech straight.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00XUZD5KO/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

https://www.originalhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Clevercraft-Scope-Mount-for-1377-1322-Crosman-Airguns-0.jpg
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00XUZD5KO/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new)

It was simple enough to install once I found my little transfer port bushing which fell out the first time I tried to install it. A little grease to make it stick into place and stay there and install was a snap.

Slipped a Trueglo Red Dot on it and was zero'd in 6 shots.
Playing with Bushnell Banner on it now. Would be fine for outside but does not focus in close enough for good accuracy at 20 feet.

I really liked the fact that it locked the breech and the barrel together. Rear sight comes off, uses screw to hold the rear of this assembly together. 2 grub screws hold all solid to the barrel once the other screws are in and set. And 3 more grub screws hold weaver rail to the rest. Locking the whole aseembly into one solid aligned package. Ready to mount a scope or Red Dot type sight on.

I think I am going to go back to the Red Dot. Accurate enough for close work to put 5 in one ragged hole if I can do my part right.

melloairman
04-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Today I received my 2 BSA RD. and put one on the 2240 and the other on the P17 . It seems to fit the 2240 barrel mount well .I know that the PA reviews of the RD. and the Crosman line of pistols were all good . Hope to shoot them both tomorrow . Marvin

melloairman
04-05-2017, 09:50 PM
I recently put this mount on my 1322 instead of a steel breech.
It was about the same price, but I liked that the scope actually locked to the barrel for the length of the rail. The steel breech just holds the end of the barrel. There is really not a lot to hold barrel and breech straight.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00XUZD5KO/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

https://www.originalhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Clevercraft-Scope-Mount-for-1377-1322-Crosman-Airguns-0.jpg
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00XUZD5KO/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new)

It was simple enough to install once I found my little transfer port bushing which fell out the first time I tried to install it. A little grease to make it stick into place and stay there and install was a snap.

Slipped a Trueglo Red Dot on it and was zero'd in 6 shots.
Playing with Bushnell Banner on it now. Would be fine for outside but does not focus in close enough for good accuracy at 20 feet.

I really liked the fact that it locked the breech and the barrel together. Rear sight comes off, uses screw to hold the rear of this assembly together. 2 grub screws hold all solid to the barrel once the other screws are in and set. And 3 more grub screws hold weaver rail to the rest. Locking the whole aseembly into one solid aligned package. Ready to mount a scope or Red Dot type sight on.

I think I am going to go back to the Red Dot. Accurate enough for close work to put 5 in one ragged hole if I can do my part right.
I have not seen that mount before . I found out that with the barrel mount I can set the RD. forward enough that there is nothing obstructing the loading port . I ordered a .177 barrel in the stock length for it last night . Shooting to much to pay the cost difference in ammo for shooting sinners at 10 yards . I am liking the BSA RD. Been looking at the crosman 2 power pistol scope at PA . 20 yard parallax and up to 20 inches eye relief $49.95 . Marvin