PDA

View Full Version : Mihec Molds. .455 Webley

sailcaptain
03-19-2017, 04:39 PM
Just placed an order for a Webley .455 Caliber mold. I really wanted to start producing my own bullets for my Webley and Enfield Revolvers.
Waiting for limited production buys for this ammunition was just to much.
So I went with a mold from Mihec (MP) molds. I read on this site and a few others and his name keeps coming up as a quality mold.
Now it's just wait for the mail one more time.:D

rintinglen
03-19-2017, 10:50 PM
Miha makes great stuff, . I have 9 of his molds, mostly hollowpoints, all brass, ranging from 32 acp 71 grain HP's up to 45 220 grain hollow points and they are my most used molds these days. I can't say for sure that yours will be great, but all of mine are very good indeed.

Only one gives me any grief, it the newest one, a 130 odd grain HB wadcutter. The combination nose-pour, wadcutter, and hollow base means that sometimes the boolits hang up, which lets the molds chill more than is desirable between casts. I am still learning it's foibles though, and I think that once I figure out how to treat it--or get a couple more casting sessions done with it--It will join the rest in my affection.

17nut
03-21-2017, 02:13 PM
I have a 455 Webley 4-banger from MiHec and dont care much for it.
It heats up fast and the middle cavities start to get deformed bullets due to excessive heat.
I need to run at least another mould to get pace down for it to sweat off some heat.
I got the 455 flatnose from RCBS and that mould casts like a dream :)

sailcaptain
03-21-2017, 03:39 PM
I only have 2 - 4 cavity molds. They were given to me and I'm really not to sure that it was due to the weight or the cooling issues as you stated. All my others are 2 cavity and it just takes me away casting 2 at a time. No rushing, just a nice past time.
I'm looking forward to cast for this caliber.