PDA

View Full Version : Autoscale

Echo
03-18-2017, 06:51 PM
I have an Autoscale that I picked up on eBay, and never used. My son noticed it one time, and said that a company he worked for used one in their reloading for armor-piercing trials. I finally decided to give it to him - but I'm not sure of the power requirements. I got it a couple of years ago, it has sat in one place for that period of time, and a wall-wart power supply was sitting next to it, that I imagine goes with it - but I'm not sure, and don't want to burn up any equipment putting 12 volts into a 6-volt circuit.
Anyone out there know FOR SURE what the requirement is? I tried searching on line, but no joy. HELP!

jsizemore
03-19-2017, 02:33 AM
I found this:

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/lyman-autoscale-power-supply.568310/

Lyman bought the Autoscale from Arcadia Machine and Tool (AMT). It could be from AMT. I almost bought one in the early 90's but folks were complaining about their consistency. Prometheus came out at an impossible price so I bought my still in use RCBS 304.

If all else fails you could find an electronics geek with the modern day version of a Variac to figure the voltage requirement.

After blowing up the pic I see it is AMT. Good Luck

abunaitoo
03-19-2017, 05:00 AM
I have three of these. Two Lyman orange, and one black
9v DC
200ma
Is the power supply that came with them. It's marked Lyman so it is original.
I'm assuming that the AMT and Lyman use the same power supply.
I've used them for years now.
Never uses anything else anymore.
Except on the progressive.

country gent
03-19-2017, 11:03 AM
I had one of the AMT years ago it does a good job but I found it slow weighing full rifle charges. I started dropping light charges then starting it to speed it up. as to the power supply I don't remember what it was and Ive long ago sold the unit to a fellow club member. There might be a tag on the unit that gives the requirements though.

03-20-2017, 02:36 AM
I can't help with the electrics but obviously some Ohaus input there. It has exactly the same scale beam as the, now discontinued, RCBS 5-10 and 10/10.

Czech_too
03-20-2017, 06:44 AM
I got one of these, used, strictly for stick powder, I like it.
The power supply does not have Lyman nor AMT on it, but ...
Input - 120 VAC, 60 Hz, 11W
Output - 9VDC, 500mA
Model No. DV-9500

abunaitoo
03-21-2017, 02:39 AM
Picture of power supply.

jmorris
03-21-2017, 08:12 AM
I know it's not the one you have but its not unheard of for companies to have changed voltages in an item. I think RCBS has changed the chargemaster 3 different times, I have two of them.

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/qvideo/gn/CM/IMG_20161201_113552_506_zpsf60wkck2.jpg

EDG
03-24-2017, 05:53 AM
There are at least 2 different plug and Jack combinations for these scales.
They use the same voltage,polarity and amps. The early version uses a male audio plug that results in the unplugged connector having an exposed contact that is hot. There. Is voltage on the exposed plug.
The later version has a conventional power plug with the hot contact shielded in the center.7

Jab
04-09-2017, 07:49 PM
I have an Autoscale that I picked up on eBay, and never used. My son noticed it one time, and said that a company he worked for used one in their reloading for armor-piercing trials. I finally decided to give it to him - but I'm not sure of the power requirements. I got it a couple of years ago, it has sat in one place for that period of time, and a wall-wart power supply was sitting next to it, that I imagine goes with it - but I'm not sure, and don't want to burn up any equipment putting 12 volts into a 6-volt circuit.
Anyone out there know FOR SURE what the requirement is? I tried searching on line, but no joy. HELP!
191005191006Are you interested in selling your autoscale?